Beattyville, KY – The White Man's Detroit

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
3000.jpg

Yet ask who is responsible for Beattyville’s woes today and fingers in the town frequently point at one man.

The coal mines have closed due to pressure from the Feds. Logging is non-existent due to lack of new building. Figure it out for yourselves.

Read more @ America's poorest white town: abandoned by coal, swallowed by drugs

3000.jpg

Yet ask who is responsible for Beattyville’s woes today and fingers in the town frequently point at one man.

The coal mines have closed due to pressure from the Feds. Logging is non-existent due to lack of new building. Figure it out for yourselves.

Why cant they get off their butts and catch a bus to another town and get jobs? Better yet why dont they move instead of using up my tax dollars?

Why are they wearing fancy clothes and going to a prom? Whats worse they are handing over the kid to someone else to take care of to go out instead of finding a job.

article-2134196-12BB6CB4000005DC-691_964x605.jpg

“I’m not one for helping people who don’t help themselves but sometimes you do the best you can and you still need help,” said 63-year-old Wilma Barrett who, after a lifetime of hard work farming and digging coal, was unsettled to find herself reliant on welfare payments and the food bank. “A lot of it’s our own fault. The Lord says work and if you don’t work and provide for yourself then there’s no reason why anyone else should. I know it’s easy to give up but the Lord tells us not to give up. Too many people here have given up.”

5976.jpg

The above is from the link in the OP.

She's not one for helping people, although she needs help, and accepts help from the Government. So why did she vote Republican?

3000.jpg

Why cant they get off their butts and catch a bus to another town and get jobs? Better yet why dont they move instead of using up my tax dollars?

Apparently they don't want to move...something about pride.

From the OP's link

“They’ve probably been there since the early 1900s,” she said. “I don’t know how people live in them. They’re real basic. Their only running water is the stream. But people just keep staying there. They don’t want to leave. It’s the pride. The heritage of that land.”

3000.jpg

From the OP's link

“They’ve probably been there since the early 1900s,” she said. “I don’t know how people live in them. They’re real basic. Their only running water is the stream. But people just keep staying there. They don’t want to leave. It’s the pride. The heritage of that land.”
Aww shucks. However, thats no excuse for being lazy. I say we cut off welfare for them since they dont need it. They can pull themselves up by their non existent boot straps.

3000.jpg

From the OP's link

Aww shucks. However, thats no excuse for being lazy. I say we cut off welfare for them since they dont need it. They can pull themselves up by their non existent boot straps.

Most of them voted for less Government, I say we give it to em! :p

23% of the population is single white mothers, with no father in the home. What's up with that?

5976.jpg
Hey sealybobo should we sterilize the women folk so they dont have children here in this city?
Absolutely! Dean the other day because some little Spanish kid in az was collecting bottles because the moms welfare ran out. Now I disagree with only giving a year when it use to be 5 but I don't agree with giving them 5 either. That's too long. Maybe 3 years should be the max or two.

The highest welfare city per capita in Michigan is some all white town up north in the country. There are just no jobs. So move!

I know we shouldn't punish the kids so maybe if you have more than 1 kid to get welfare you have to get yourself fixed. Or put an IUD in your vajayjay.

If I felt differently about them poor whites then I would be racist.

One other thing. I wonder if the violent crime rate is the same in this town as it is in ghettos. I bet it's lower. Just a hunch.

Why are they wearing fancy clothes and going to a prom? Whats worse they are handing over the kid to someone else to take care of to go out instead of finding a job.

article-2134196-12BB6CB4000005DC-691_964x605.jpg
Hopefully that's a bridesmaid outfit from a wedding and he can wear that suit to a job interview.

At least he's smart enough to buy a dark suit. A black guy would have gone with white yellow or candy apple red.

And hopefully she doesn't have any more kids. If that was a black girl she have another one on the way after prom.

White girls have their babies at prom and then throw them into garbage pails or dumpsters

Forum List

Back