Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

Totally unclear on the concept.

Never mind. :lol:

Seriously? I would be hard pressed to find an EASIER concept that you are expousing. So instead of addressing the issues, you fob it off like you have this really cool Utopian concept that I don't 'get'.

Pfffttt....You've always taken the easy yet unattainable route Odd. Why change now....
The concepts of your tribalism and refusal to recognize your love for the initiation of force are clearly over your head, as is your inability to recognize an irrelevant and façile-minded false dichotomy/straw man argument in the form of an irrelevant and façile-minded question.

All that's left for me to do is laugh at the knuckle-dragging trtibalistic neanderthal, who has convinced himself that he is civilized....You're a good little subject.:lol:

Either take a dump or get of the John....Your one-line interlude is old hat....

And if it doesn't make sense, maybe you need to get to the play pen or a thread where the IQ doesn't get over 70....

Aaaand the mental tank runs dry, the engine sputters and quits. That happens a lot to you lefties.

Unlike your opening pearl of wisdom, right?

Actually my opening pearl of wisdom was way back on page 3. We're still waiting on yours.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

Fear? No. A well thought out action to counter the possibility something may happen, some day, in a situation you wouldn't expect where you need to defend yourself? Absolutely.

Fear is what people that didn't prepare experience as the moment unfolds. Fear is the person that didn't take the time to get a CCW and is now caught in the line of fire from a raving lunatic in a mall. Fear only comes about when you have lulled yourself to sleep in a false security blanket of protection from a police force that is nowhere to be found the moment you need them. Taking as much control of a potential situation as you can and preparing eliminates fear and replaces it with preparedness.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

Police carry guns because they are afraid, nice to know.

Aaaand the mental tank runs dry, the engine sputters and quits. That happens a lot to you lefties.

Unlike your opening pearl of wisdom, right?

Actually my opening pearl of wisdom was way back on page 3. We're still waiting on yours.

FEAR

Fear? No. A well thought out action to counter the possibility something may happen, some day, in a situation you wouldn't expect where you need to defend yourself? Absolutely.

Fear is what people that didn't prepare experience as the moment unfolds. Fear is the person that didn't take the time to get a CCW and is now caught in the line of fire from a raving lunatic in a mall. Fear only comes about when you have lulled yourself to sleep in a false security blanket of protection from a police force that is nowhere to be found the moment you need them. Taking as much control of a potential situation as you can and preparing eliminates fear and replaces it with preparedness.

1) It was page 1 for me. Try changing your settings so you can get 40 posts per page. Going by your form so far, that might have to be put into the 'too hard' basket.
2) If I wanted to engage trolls I'd go to the flame zone. Having to put up with Odd's is bad enough..
3) And that pearl was not aimed at me, so my point stands......

Totally unclear on the concept.

Never mind. :lol:

Seriously? I would be hard pressed to find an EASIER concept that you are expousing. So instead of addressing the issues, you fob it off like you have this really cool Utopian concept that I don't 'get'.

Pfffttt....You've always taken the easy yet unattainable route Odd. Why change now....
The concepts of your tribalism and refusal to recognize your love for the initiation of force are clearly over your head, as is your inability to recognize an irrelevant and façile-minded false dichotomy/straw man argument in the form of an irrelevant and façile-minded question.

All that's left for me to do is laugh at the knuckle-dragging trtibalistic neanderthal, who has convinced himself that he is civilized....You're a good little subject.:lol:

Oh, lookie! Odd uses more big words and gobbledegook because, ya know, that just makes his point so much better.

How about addressing an issue? Your faux grandstanding about what Utopia should be aside?

btw, nothing has gone over my head. However, you dodging logic has obviously gone over yours...

Civilized with the left wing nuts is always tied to the force of the government as long as that power belongs to them. An individual is free to be an individual until he/she goes against the collective. Sometimes demonizing entire groups is used to bring the base together, up to and including mass murder of those groups they don't like.

The far left is insanity on a grand scale.

1) It was page 1 for me. Try changing your settings so you can get 40 posts per page. Going by your form so far, that might have to be put into the 'too hard' basket.
2) If I wanted to engage trolls I'd go to the flame zone. Having to put up with Odd's is bad enough..

Your first two posts from this thread. I stopped looking after these f*cking jewels of intellectual process.

You forgot about hunting. In this day and age, people don't hunt out of fear of starvation.

As for personal security, yes; that's fear-based. Nevertheless, fear can still be healthy, up to a point. It's only excessive fear and paranoia that bring on problems.

In no way did I intend to equate carrying guns in the woods (hunting) with concealed carry.

BTW....I've shot and eaten many rabbits, squirrels, quail and pheasant in my day!!

Squirrels? You've eaten a squirrel? What do they taste like?

Oh, so it's all about you believing that you're right and declaring yourself so.

Good thing you're not a shallow egomaniac, or anything like that. :rolleyes:

Hi Pot, meet kettle...
1- I will decide on my computer settings not you. I'm sure that p*sses you off to no end but so be it.
2- Seems you found a place to troll. Trolls don't like competition now? Did you graduate with a doctorate from the troll nobody is a loser we all get participation trophies school?
3- Your inability to read anything not directed to you tells me all I need to know. You post to hear yourself talk not gain information. Try reading all reply's for more perspective.

Last edited:

Your first two posts from this thread. I stopped looking after these f*cking jewels of intellectual process.

Squirrels? You've eaten a squirrel? What do they taste like?

Oh, so it's all about you believing that you're right and declaring yourself so.

Good thing you're not a shallow egomaniac, or anything like that. :rolleyes:

Hi Pot, meet kettle...
1- I will decide on my computer settings not you. I'm sure that p*sses you off to no end but so be it.
2- Seems you found a place to troll. Trolls don't like competition now? Did you graduate with a doctorate from the troll nobody is a loser we all get participation trophies school?
3- Your inability to read anything not directed to you tells my all I need to know. You post to hear yourself talk not gain information. Try reading all reply's for more perspective.

You can do whatever you like with regard to settings. I couldn't give a fuck. But when you're dealing with somebody who can't even do something that simple - they'd rather troll through three pages of posts when one would do - well, that says more about your lack of intellect than anything.

Oh, hit a sore spot on the troll huh? Obviously not the first time you've been called out...

I'll sort out my ability to read if you can sort out your ability to comprehend. I won't hold my breath....

Hi Pot, meet kettle...
3- Your inability to read anything not directed to you tells my all I need to know. You post to hear yourself talk not gain information. Try reading all reply's for more perspective.

You can do whatever you like with regard to settings. I couldn't give a fuck. But when you're dealing with somebody who can't even do something that simple - they'd rather troll through three pages of posts when one would do - well, that says more about your lack of intellect than anything.

Oh, hit a sore spot on the troll huh? Obviously not the first time you've been called out...

I'll sort out my ability to read if you can sort out your ability to comprehend. I won't hold my breath....

I can see why guns scare you. Three shots and three misses. You don't bring much to the table do you?

FEAR

Even carrying a gun, if you can't control your fear, your aim isn't going to be worth shit. I'm not saying that carrying a gun is for everyone, but it can be for those that know how to use it, the primary function there, is interception, making a difference when found in the wrong place at the wrong time. There are no guarantees in life, no matter what you are armed with. Self Defense, Intervention, is an individual choice.

FEAR

Say you're right....What the fuck is it to you?

I am right. And it's nothing to me as long as you admit that the reason your carry is because you're scared shitless.

Whereas you are, what, scared STUPID? Or were you always this stupid?

FEAR

You keep living in that small town and pooh hoo those that are doomed to live in places like South Chicago, Brooklyn, South Los Angeles and other neighborhoods where every step taken down the street may be your last. Apparently you've never been in the military to know fear of battle. or have the street smarts to live in a city. So you really can't pontificate on the why's or wherefores of self protection or assaults, robberies, home invasions, and the various forms of mayhem that confront people living in the large cities of this country.

I can see why guns scare you. Three shots and three misses. You don't bring much to the table do you?

Guns don't scare me.

I bring nothing to the table, and still manage to kick your arse from Toledo to Tombstone....

Just like people who vote because it is their right but when questioned they really don't have a clue what the issues they are voting for are about. Some people carry guns for protection out of fear and others on principle because it is their right.

Personally I am not into guns myself, but I wouldn't take away someone else's right to have them.

Their carrying a firearm could interfere in your life one day, whether you like it or not.

When I first debated guns on messageboards with Yanks (back in 2001) I stated from the outset that with 99 percent of gun lovers in the US are power trippers and love the look and feel of a gun. Having seen many docos from the US on the subject, and having come across many gun lovers on this board, I have not seen anything to change my mind.

Almost feral their love of gun and the power trip it gives them....

Goose is right about the fear aspect too....

That's just it.. It's none of your business what gun owners love about their weapons.. Now is it? You leftists need to get your own lives and worry about yourselves.

Depends if you want to live in a civilised society. The US is the only western country that is clinging to its guns. Why is that? Necessity? Nope. Because they fear? Yep...whether it be their govt or perps...they are scared. However, I honestly believe the main reason is the woodie and stiff nips it gives the respective genders who have their peashooters.

The look in their eyes when they pull the trigger - almost orgasmic. Are exceptions, as stated...
That's some crazy rhetoric, there.

That's just it.. It's none of your business what gun owners love about their weapons.. Now is it? You leftists need to get your own lives and worry about yourselves.

Depends if you want to live in a civilised society. The US is the only western country that is clinging to its guns. Why is that? Necessity? Nope. Because they fear? Yep...whether it be their govt or perps...they are scared. However, I honestly believe the main reason is the woodie and stiff nips it gives the respective genders who have their peashooters.

The look in their eyes when they pull the trigger - almost orgasmic. Are exceptions, as stated...
Of course it is...That's why you don't take him seriously, just sit back and enjoy the LULZ. :lol:

FEAR

Be honest their is only one reason why you are pro gun control
FEAR

Nope. When I first started on messageboards in 2001, I had my first run in with US 2nd amendment folk. Had discourse for about 6 months. Have hardly spoken about it since, but had my opinions about it pretty much summed up in the above paragraph. Have read and seen nothing since that changes my mind.

Of course it is...That's why you don't take him seriously, just sit back and enjoy the LULZ. :lol:

And you think you're taken seriously? You would be close to, if not the, biggest hypocrite on this board. And that's saying something...

Forum List

Back