Battlefield Vietnam

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Any thoughts on the latest from EA? I bought the game a while back, and I love it. I like flying the best, and I like being able to use the variety of weapons. I dont get what EA was trying to pull by putting the forward assist and the ejection port on the left side of the reciever on the M16. It seems they just cant get there weapons right. Any other ideas?

Someone is making a Star Wars version of this kind of game, where one can just jump in and operate AT-ATs, AT-STs, Snowspeeders, speeder bikes, TIE fighter's, X-Wings, you name it.

BF Vietnam is really a good game, the maps are excellent - but it's amazing that there is not the Têt attack of 1968...
I like, like in BF 1942, the fact that you can use all on the battlefield : tanks, jeep, planes, AA guns, boats, helicos..............
For me, the best US weapon is the M-60, because it automatic, but with precision, for the shoot to a long distance. And there is a rocket launcher with it, so...you can destroy all with this combination.
For the Viets, the old rokcet launcher with the semi atomatic gun with 10 bullets by load - i don't remember names - . Good combination too. and precison for the Rifle.
The best plane is for me the MiG-21 : the MiG 17 is less good, less fast. The 17 has bombs and machine guns, the 21 rockets and machine guns, I find it better.
The Corsair II - or is it a Crusader ? no, i don't believe - is good, but he has just rockets and bombs. No machine guns. And to destruct a plane, it's easier with machine guns.
the F-4 Phantom has the fantastic Napalm bombs, but also rockets, not machines guns...so ....I prefer the MiG 21.

And ther are some funny things : iron pieces to destruct the jeep's tires.
the wood stakes, to trap some access...

The idea of music is also a good idea, people can replay the Apocalypse Now scene of the attack with the Ride of Walkyries.

Yes, really a good game. better than the first - and it was hard, because BF 42 is excellent -

THe best maps : Flamming Dart, only because I like pilot planes, and you can enjoying yourself on this map, with all the planes and helicos. (better when played as a Viet)
Ho chi Minh way : better when played as a Viet, really great.
Incursion in Cambodgia : same map than Ho Chi Minh, but night, and a big Viet assault. Not better team, with the Viets it is great, with the US too.
La Drang, in US.
and some others, but i don't remember the names...

How do you like helicopters? They are so much easier to fly than jets. My favorite would have to be the Huey Guinship.

The UH-1 gunship is good; But the Hind Mi is better, I find

and i prefer the jets. I'm good at combat flight simulator, and at BF 42, i enjoyed when I got the planes. Here, in BFV, planes are good.
THey are really easy to pilot.
You only should configurate the touch : not the mouse, for flmying, but the keyboard. THe same for weapons.
I use :
uparrow to get down, downarrow to get up, left and the plane inclinate to the left, right >> right.

after : Z for the power - the plane can fly - ; Q to turn to left, D to right. F for primary weapons (MG on Migs, rockets on US jets), V for secondary weapons (Rocket for MiG 21, Bombs for MiG 17 and Corsair II, Napalm for F4)

With this configuration, it is easy ;)
(don't forget, i have a french Keyboard !
it is different : order of the touches : AZERTYUIOP ; QSDFGHJKLM ;
WXCVBN )

Forum List

Back