batting 0 for 2

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
Bachmann (R) & Cain (R) claimed they got "The Big Guy in the Sky" endorsement :eusa_pray: to run for President. If they dropped-out of the race waht does that say about their cult..... errr..... religion?

Bachmann (R) & Cain (R) claimed they got "The Big Guy in the Sky" endorsement :eusa_pray: to run for President. If they dropped-out of the race waht does that say about their cult..... errr..... religion?

It would have been best had they relied on science and not faith, real history and not the history as revised by ideologues, and if they had a basic understanding that the American people are not all Christian, conservative and consonant.

Doesn't say a damn thing about their religion, but it does say something about their arrogance.

It means no one speaks for God. Shocking.... I would have thought that was obvious. Apparently, I was wrong. Some people really are just jack shit stupid.... the OP for example.

It's quite a good point worth thinking about.

Before the Battle of Agincourt, King Henry asked for God's help in victory when the odds were overwhelming. A few bowmen were able to devastate the French army.

George Washington asked for God's help in the Christmas Eve battle where half frozen and starving patriots turned the tide of war.

The inescapable conclusion is that claiming that God is on your side is far different than asking politely. It is a trusim that anyone who claims to speak for God is not going to succeed in whatever they do. It sort of is more of an indication that God exists and doesn't take these upstarts lightly.

Before the Battle of Agincourt, King Henry asked for God's help in victory when the odds were overwhelming. A few bowmen were able to devastate the French army.

George Washington asked for God's help in the Christmas Eve battle where half frozen and starving patriots turned the tide of war.

The inescapable conclusion is that claiming that God is on your side is far different than asking politely. It is a trusim that anyone who claims to speak for God is not going to succeed in whatever they do. It sort of is more of an indication that God exists and doesn't take these upstarts lightly.

How do you know that Bachmann and McCain did not ask for it politely, hmmm?

I doubt McCain challenged the all powerful one to a fist fight.

And I seriously doubt that Bachman won any debates with God, so what makes you think they did not beg and plead with god to support them until they heard the words "OK, my son/daughter!!"?

Why would it say anything more than the two of them were wrong? Or, perhaps, God being more intelligent than me, perhaps they were right, and they got something they needed out of the experience.

It would have been best had they relied on science and not faith, real history and not the history as revised by ideologues, and if they had a basic understanding that the American people are not all Christian, conservative and consonant.

Are you saying that if they had said science told them to run for president you would have supported them? That says a lot more about you than it does about them.

Ain't No Thang

Stick them in the category with numbnuts assholes who try to tell us the day the world will end. During my 77 years there's been a couple every year or two and unless I've missed something they were all wrong.

Anybody with one eye and half sense knows that when god told George W. Bush to invade Iraq he had his head where the sun don't shine.

Last edited:

Ain't No Thang

Stick them in the category with numbnuts assholes who try to tell us the day the world will end. During my 77 years there's been a couple every year or two and unless I've missed something they were all wrong.

Anybody with one eye and half sense knows that when god told George W. Bush to invade Iraq he had his head where the sun don't shine.

103961_600.jpg

So, presumably you can provide the audio evidence for your 'Big Guy' endorsement claim.

I am sure you understand why some might be sceptical.

It is a trusim that anyone who claims to speak for God is not going to succeed in whatever they do. It sort of is more of an indication that God exists and doesn't take these upstarts lightly.

Well, at least Bachmann and Cain haven't been crucified. That's the most famous historical example. It could be worse. :cool:

It's an indication of absolutely nothing.

Cum hoc ergo propter hoc.

Forum List

Back