Batman vs Superman looks like a stinker

Showing the parent's,fighting back and getting killed is lefty beliefs about crime and violence.......you see it here on u.s.message......the lefties here think of you fight back you get killed and that there is no reason a criminal will just murder you during a robbery unless you, the victim, make him do it.

Oh, come on! Aren't there enough political threads here for you to talk about this stuff on? This is supposed to be fun and lighthearted. :eusa_hand:

I know....I try to keep it separate but he asked the question about the parents fighting back vs. all the other times the story was told....and the actual event from the origin of batman........

Still . . . they are characters and not real people. I don't remember them ever being assigned a "political" affiliation. And if that is how some people feel, that is fine. They just cannot force others to share their belief systems. So no big deal.

Oh...I see...it isn't the Characters...it is the director letting his politics get in the way of the origin story...the Waynes were supposed to have been murdered in cold blood, right? That made their murder even more horrifying for the young Bruce....there was simply no explanation for it...right? They cooperated and were killed anyway...isn't that the origin story?

Showing the parent's,fighting back and getting killed is lefty beliefs about crime and violence.......you see it here on u.s.message......the lefties here think of you fight back you get killed and that there is no reason a criminal will just murder you during a robbery unless you, the victim, make him do it.

Oh, come on! Aren't there enough political threads here for you to talk about this stuff on? This is supposed to be fun and lighthearted. :eusa_hand:

I know....I try to keep it separate but he asked the question about the parents fighting back vs. all the other times the story was told....and the actual event from the origin of batman........

Still . . . they are characters and not real people. I don't remember them ever being assigned a "political" affiliation. And if that is how some people feel, that is fine. They just cannot force others to share their belief systems. So no big deal.

Oh...I see...it isn't the Characters...it is the director letting his politics get in the way of the origin story...the Waynes were supposed to have been murdered in cold blood, right? That made their murder even more horrifying for the young Bruce....there was simply no explanation for it...right? They cooperated and were killed anyway...isn't that the origin story?

Like I said, I'm not a superhero or a comic book person, so you are asking the wrong person. I just don't see the need to bring your political views into a conversation about a silly movie. :)

I would probably tune in and watch this movie when I can watch it at home. I won't spend any money to go see it though. Too expensive. It has to be something that I'm really, really interested in to spend the money to see it at the movies. Special effects are definitely cooler on the big screen and with the surround sound, but . . . you spend a ton of money and you have to deal with a whole bunch of people AKA douchebags. :D

When it comes to movie reviews, I don't trust the professional critics so much. I like to look at the reviews written by regular folks that have seen the movie.

Michael Medved, a professional film critic, made the point that these film critics have to see several movies a week as part of their jobs......and that it jades their point of view. For the critic...they are looking for something out of the ordinary, while normal people are looking for 2 hours of fun distraction.....
plus i found that many have never read a comic.....so they just cant grasp that they are watching a comic made into a movie......why those ones review it is beyond me....

I've read a couple of comics. My son used to like comics, so I would read them with him sometimes, but I am certainly no "comic" expert. I really don't think that Batman's parents political affiliation was what mattered most about the story though.

I've read a couple of comics. My son used to like comics, so I would read them with him sometimes, but I am certainly no "comic" expert. I really don't think that Batman's parents political affiliation was what mattered most about the story though.
i was immersed in comics as a little kid in the late 50's and through the 60's....my grandfather used to bring me stacks of them....old DC superheros and old Gold Key ones....and then Marvel came on the scene.....holy shit!.....comics just went up a notch.....

i was immersed in comics as a little kid in the late 50's and through the 60's....my grandfather used to bring me stacks of them....old DC superheros and old Gold Key ones....and then Marvel came on the scene.....holy shit!.....comics just went up a notch.....

I have a whole box of comics that were my sons in the attic. Some of them are still in the plastic and are collector's edition. They are probably worth some money.

Again...it isn't the affiliation of the parents that is political....the director is a lefty.....he is like all the lefties on u.s. messageboard who believe that victims of crime should just submit to the criminal. By showing that it is resisting that get the Wayne's murdered, he is pushing that idea...had they simply complied, and not fought back they would be alive.....

I wouldn't sell them though!
Might help pay your grandkids college tuition. (If Bernie doesn't make college free)

First of all, doubtful that the comics would pay for college. Do you have any IDEA how expensive college is?

Another thing, I did have 2 sons, but my son who owned the comics passed away, so those comics have much more sentimental value to me than any dollar amount. So I will not be selling them. If I leave them to my other son, he is welcome to do with them what he pleases but I won't sell them while I'm alive.

I have a whole box of comics that were my sons in the attic. Some of them are still in the plastic and are collector's edition. They are probably worth some money.
you should check them out....get a Wizards comic guide,they will tell you approx what they should be worth.....if i would have kept all mine i would be a millionaire....but who knew back then?...

you should check them out....get a Wizards comic guide,they will tell you approx what they should be worth.....if i would have kept all mine i would be a millionaire....but who knew back then?...

I highly doubt that I have a million dollars in comics. :D Probably a few thousand at most.

I highly doubt that I have a million dollars in comics. :D Probably a few thousand at most.
well i had the first 20 issues of all the marvel comic titles out at that time....in 67 when we moved to california i dragged my box out to the car and my dad says to me...there aint no room for those,just take a handful and give the rest to your friends.....if he only knew.....

well i had the first 20 issues of all the marvel comic titles out at that time....in 67 when we moved to california i dragged my box out to the car and my dad says to me...there aint no room for those,just take a handful and give the rest to your friends.....if he only knew.....
My old man used to collect DC action comics and detective series, hence he had all the first superman and batman comics. But my grandmother tossed all his comics out when he went to college.

When I was a kid I collected Spider-Man, XMen and Wolverine comics, but I grew up right around when image comics came out.

I looked up these comics and they are worth shit. Same thing with my old baseball, football and basketball cards!

My old man used to collect DC action comics and detective series, hence he had all the first superman and batman comics. But my grandmother tossed all his comics out when he went to college.
i know the feeling....

Forum List

Back