Batman vs Superman looks like a stinker

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

The critics seem to be destroying this movie! I am wary of critics, because I have seen times were they destroyed a movie that I enjoyed - Funny People comes to mind.

However for the most part when all the critics are against something the movie is mediocre at best.

The critics seem to not like this movie. For a movie that was so expensive it was reported that it needs to crack a billion worldwide to make a profit, thinks aren't looking good.

While I loved Man of Steel, it seems very few other people liked it.

2 stinkers in a row and a foresure to under-perform suicide squad DCEU isn't off to a great start.

One of my favorite movies was destroyed by the critics: Harry and The Henderson's. Harry and The Henderson's was a good movie simply it made my friends and me laugh, which is what it was designed to do. It was stupid-funny. Critics often use the same rubric to rate all movies. Not every movie is expected to be a cinematic masterpiece.

Those that are not into super heroes from comics probably are not going to get into Batman vs. Superman. Those that like dazzling special effects, abandoning the laws of physics, and a non-plausible story line will probably enjoy the dickens out of such a movie.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

The critics seem to be destroying this movie! I am wary of critics, because I have seen times were they destroyed a movie that I enjoyed - Funny People comes to mind.

However for the most part when all the critics are against something the movie is mediocre at best.

The critics seem to not like this movie. For a movie that was so expensive it was reported that it needs to crack a billion worldwide to make a profit, thinks aren't looking good.

While I loved Man of Steel, it seems very few other people liked it.

2 stinkers in a row and a foresure to under-perform suicide squad DCEU isn't off to a great start.

Seems like a bit of a creative stretch, doesn't it?

If I go to see it, it will be because my grandsons have invited me, and I'll pay more attention to special effects than plot.

One of my favorite movies was destroyed by the critics: Harry and The Henderson's. Harry and The Henderson's was a good movie simply it made my friends and me laugh, which is what it was designed to do. It was stupid-funny. Critics often use the same rubric to rate all movies. Not every movie is expected to be a cinematic masterpiece.

Those that are not into super heroes from comics probably are not going to get into Batman vs. Superman. Those that like dazzling special effects, abandoning the laws of physics, and a non-plausible story line will probably enjoy the dickens out of such a movie.

Harry and the Henderson's was one of your favorite movies?

Not a bad movie, but easily forgettable.

I digress. Critics have given many superhero movies high remarks. Avengers 1, Captain America, Batman trilogy, Deadpool etc. Others like Wolverine no so much.

I digress. Critics have given many superhero movies high remarks. Avengers 1, Captain America, Batman trilogy, Deadpool etc. Others like Wolverine no so much.
A little clarification! At the time in my life when I saw Harry and The Henderson's and with the particular friends I saw it with, we could not have picked a better movie. It is not a movie that I seek out to watch multiple times.

When it comes to movie reviews, I don't trust the professional critics so much. I like to look at the reviews written by regular folks that have seen the movie.

A little clarification! At the time in my life when I saw Harry and The Henderson's and with the particular friends I saw it with, we could not have picked a better movie. It is not a movie that I seek out to watch multiple times.
That was the Big Lebowski for me. Critics hated it. I got stoned countless times and laughed my ass off at that movie

The critics were right this movie was horrible!

Ben Affleck was horrible. Who in their right mind decided to cast the kid from Zombieland as Lex Luther? Luther's character was all wrong and every action he took made no sense. There was no coherent plot. The reason people started to turn on Superman was stupid and illogical. It moved so slowly and built up to this grant battle between Batman and Superman, but the "battle" was a few minutes, dull, illogical and it really wasn't a fight. The comes Doomsday. Again another short and lame right sequence. Such a tough and iconic villain should have been saved for the Justice League. It was worse than Daredevil and Green Lantern!

The critics were right this movie was horrible!

Ben Affleck was horrible. Who in their right mind decided to cast the kid from Zombieland as Lex Luther? Luther's character was all wrong and every action he took made no sense. There was no coherent plot. The reason people started to turn on Superman was stupid and illogical. It moved so slowly and built up to this grant battle between Batman and Superman, but the "battle" was a few minutes, dull, illogical and it really wasn't a fight. The comes Doomsday. Again another short and lame right sequence. Such a tough and iconic villain should have been saved for the Justice League. It was worse than Daredevil and Green Lantern!
even though there are lots of people who feel like you there are also about the same amount who give it 7 to 10 out of a scale of 10 being great....so it looks like this will be looked at like the man of steel was ...you either like it or you dont.....it did great box office wise....

My brother saw the movie and he said the Batman fight scene in the warehouse was worth the ticket...the rest of the movie....not so much.

Another Friend said this is the first time you really get to see Batman on screen......his moments in the film beat out all the other films.......

When it comes to movie reviews, I don't trust the professional critics so much. I like to look at the reviews written by regular folks that have seen the movie.

Michael Medved, a professional film critic, made the point that these film critics have to see several movies a week as part of their jobs......and that it jades their point of view. For the critic...they are looking for something out of the ordinary, while normal people are looking for 2 hours of fun distraction.....

My brother saw the movie and he said the Batman fight scene in the warehouse was worth the ticket...the rest of the movie....not so much.

Another Friend said this is the first time you really get to see Batman on screen......his moments in the film beat out all the other films.......

The warehouse scene was Ok, but it was maybe 10 mins of a 3 HR movie!

Forum List

Back