Barr to Nadler: ‘I’m NOT talking to your staff attorneys’ regarding Mueller redactions

barr doesn't get to dictate how nadler wants to conduct biz'nez.

Nor does Nadler get to dictate to Barr..
The word is coequal.
Now let's cut to the chase. You cannot overturn the 2016 election.

Jo

they are negotiating. that's what pols do... you just don't know it. but something will come down.
There's nothing to negotiate since the Democrats have nothing to bargin with. Either Nadler will back down from his insistence of having staff lawyers put on a show grilling Barr or Barr will not show up at Nadler's circus.

The word is coequal.

Jo

they are negotiating. that's what pols do... you just don't know it. but something will come down.
There's nothing to negotiate since the Democrats have nothing to bargin with. Either Nadler will back down from his insistence of having staff lawyers put on a show grilling Barr or Barr will not show up at Nadler's circus.

what do you mean they have 'nothing'? they have the SC backing on this with 'inherant' power - they just haven't used it in a very long time. time for some patriots to step up 'cause it's crunch time.

It also does not have any consequences. Or did something happen to Holder when he was held in contempt?
Normally, a contempt of Congress charge results in a criminal referral to the Justice Department that may or may not be acted on by Justice, but there is something called inherent contempt in which the Congress arrests and imprisons an individual in the Capitol building until he either complies or the next election comes. This is rarely used anymore.

the last time that happened, was in the 1930s... if that should happen, then it would be fast tracked to the SC. i say bring it on.
Actually, Eric Holder was cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to turn over documents relating to fast adn furious and it took nearly four years before the Supreme Court issued a decision. It is time to face up to the fact that the Democrats in the House are powerless in this situation.
I think I've seen some Leftwing Clowns hinting that they would like to see Fat Jerry try to arrest Barr and drag him before his committee.

These folks have lost their minds.

howeverrrrrrrrrrrrr the SC has clearified that congress has that right...
In a sentence passed after a Senate Trial, presided over by the VPOTUS. Fat Jerry isn't even in the Senate!

Normally, a contempt of Congress charge results in a criminal referral to the Justice Department that may or may not be acted on by Justice, but there is something called inherent contempt in which the Congress arrests and imprisons an individual in the Capitol building until he either complies or the next election comes. This is rarely used anymore.

the last time that happened, was in the 1930s... if that should happen, then it would be fast tracked to the SC. i say bring it on.
Actually, Eric Holder was cited for contempt of Congress for refusing to turn over documents relating to fast adn furious and it took nearly four years before the Supreme Court issued a decision. It is time to face up to the fact that the Democrats in the House are powerless in this situation.
I think I've seen some Leftwing Clowns hinting that they would like to see Fat Jerry try to arrest Barr and drag him before his committee.

In a sentence passed after a Senate Trial, presided over by the VPOTUS. Fat Jerry isn't even in the Senate!

no he is not. but the judiciary in the house brings the articles impeachment forth & the senate has the trial.... he wasts it televised & shown to the public, so the senate will have no choice. just like with nixon.

The word is coequal.

Jo

what do you mean they have 'nothing'? they have the SC backing on this with 'inherant' power - they just haven't used it in a very long time. time for some patriots to step up 'cause it's crunch time.
They have nothing. Oversight is not an enumerated power of Congress. The SC has held that it can only be used if it aids Congress in performing its legislative function, so in this case, it is not even clear that a subpoena would have legal standing. If the Democrats attempt to arrest Barr it will go to court and if the SC decides in favor of Barr, it will dramatically curtail Congress' ability to pressure others to testify in the future. Finally, while Nadler and the other vermin currently chairing House committees have immunity for actions on the House floor, their staffs do not and if crazy Jerry opts for dirty tricks as he is currently doing, his staff members can be held civilly and criminally accountable for any role they played in this nonsense. In other words, the only threat the Democrats can make is, if you don't do what we want, we will commit political suicide.

no he is not. but the judiciary in the house brings the articles impeachment forth & the senate has the trial.... he wasts it televised & shown to the public, so the senate will have no choice. just like with nixon.
Nixon wasn't impeached and Fat Jerry isn't holding an impeachment hearing.

All true, but in playtime's imagination, Nixon was impeached, Hillary is president and yet Trump is being impeached.

Fat Jerry is trying to pull a fast one.

In over 206 years of the House Judiciary Committee, staffers have never questioned a witness, let alone the US Attorney General, in an oversight hearing.

These clowns fool no one.

[...]
Congress has a long history of using staff to question witnesses. During the Senate Watergate hearings, committee counsel Fred Dalton Thompson (later a senator himself) asked the questions of White House employee Alexander Butterfield that prompted the revelation of the Oval Office taping system that proved President Nixon’s downfall.

Yes, Congress Should Let Staff Question Witnesses Like William Barr

Despite Barr’s Objections, It’s Totally Normal for Congressional Staff Members to Question Witnesses
[...]

Despite Barr’s Objections, It’s Totally Normal for Congressional Staff Members to Question Witnesses

Oy

Nobody cares about this at this point.

Bart has long moved on....hate to break it to progressives but it's time to punt on the Linus stunts. The pumpkin ain't coming.....in fact, the next thing we hear from Barr will be criminal referrals NOT of Trump people!!:deal: You meatheads best head out this weekend and stock up on a good supply of KY or butter or both. The big bumpy cucumber is coming while you asshats are hanging in the pumpkin patch. Only people with the political IQ of a small soap dish think something is actually going to happen to Barr.

Get some real responsibilities in life.....this way, you wont get all hung up on st00pid stuff that only serves to makes you miserable as shit!:hello77:

Last edited:
In fact, there are no grounds for citing Barr for contempt since he was never subpoenaed to appear. If Nadler does subpoena him, it will go to court and it will be years before a decision is handed down by the Supreme Court. The Democrats can continue to huff and puff, but the truth is they are powerless in this situation.
Congress can cite him for contempt without a rational reason other than politics as long as enough Democrats are corrupt enough to go along with it.

Less than 30% of the American public wants an impeachment trial. They're not going to do it. But I think you should MAKE them, "Playtime"....I think you should push really hard for it.

DO IT

nixon wasn't impeached because he resigned. barry goldwater was the messenger for the (R)s & told nixon he had no chance of survival.

All true, but in playtime's imagination, Nixon was impeached, Hillary is president and yet Trump is being impeached.

what drugs are you on?

Fat Jerry is trying to pull a fast one.

In over 206 years of the House Judiciary Committee, staffers have never questioned a witness, let alone the US Attorney General, in an oversight hearing.

These clowns fool no one.

[...]
Congress has a long history of using staff to question witnesses. During the Senate Watergate hearings, committee counsel Fred Dalton Thompson (later a senator himself) asked the questions of White House employee Alexander Butterfield that prompted the revelation of the Oval Office taping system that proved President Nixon’s downfall.

Yes, Congress Should Let Staff Question Witnesses Like William Barr

[...]

Oy

Nobody cares about this at this point.

Bart has long moved on....hate to break it to progressives but it's time to punt on the Linus stunts. The pumpkin ain't coming.....in fact, the next thing we hear from Barr will be criminal referrals NOT of Trump people!!:deal: You meatheads best head out this weekend and stock up on a good supply of KY or butter or both. The big bumpy cucumber is coming while you asshats are hanging in the pumpkin patch. Only people with the political IQ of a small soap dish think something is actually going to happen to Barr.

Get some real responsibilities in life.....this way, you wont get all hung up on st00pid stuff that only serves to makes you miserable as shit!:hello77:

yyy.jpg

Less than 30% of the American public wants an impeachment trial. They're not going to do it. But I think you should MAKE them, "Playtime"....I think you should push really hard for it.

DO IT

televise the hearings... that's what changed the (R)'s minds.... 4 short months after they whined that nixon was being railroaded & VOILA! nixon is gone. impeachment won't happen until dumbfucks who can't read or refuse to do so & only watch propaganda fake news - read the report or see it live, unfiltered on TV... right now all of trump's mooks, including you, suuuuuze... still think he's got yer back. must see TV is the only way to get everyone on board.

lol... fool.

When the Inspector General's report is released there will be people hanging themselves in their Manhattan showers.
Or jumping on the first one way flight to Cuba.
No chance then of extradition.
President Trump is planning on having the names of treasonous leakers 'leaked' to the MSM.
Watch for a few dozen U Haul trucks parked in front of Washington area apartments.
President Trump is about to release the classified FISA warrants.
More traitors will be exposed.
Carter Page is about to become a multimillionaire!

DO IT

televise the hearings... that's what changed the (R)'s minds.... 4 short months after they whined that nixon was being railroaded & VOILA! nixon is gone. impeachment won't happen until dumbfucks who can't read or refuse to do so & only watch propaganda fake news - read the report or see it live, unfiltered on TV... right now all of trump's mooks, including you, suuuuuze... still think he's got yer back. must see TV is the only way to get everyone on board.

lol... fool.
If you guys have to go down the impeachment road with Trump, I doubt there is any stopping you, but let me remind you that it did not work out well for the GOP when they did this with Clinton and Clinton had actually committed real black letter crimes.

We come from different points of view, so of course see this differently. I appreciate you sharing your view.

nixon wasn't impeached because he resigned. barry goldwater was the messenger for the (R)s & told nixon he had no chance of survival.
Your reference to Watergate is an interesting one.

The Watergate scandal was kicked off by a break-in by five men at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. on June 17, 1972.

The GOP Administration had engaged in an array of clandestine and often illegal activities, including illegal spying on the offices of political opponents and people of whom Nixon or his officials were suspicious. Nixon and his close aides also ordered investigations of activist groups and political figures, using the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as political weapons.

Here is the difference: After engaging in these illegal activities, the GOP WON the upcoming election. In the current case, after the Democrats engaged in these illegal activities, they LOST the upcoming election.

As such, it won't be Congress this time getting to the bottom of the scandal(s) but the DOJ, as would have occurred had McGovern won the election.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, we will now have an opportunity to see how history would have been different had McGovern won the election despite the illegal spying and crimes committed against his campaign.

I'm pretty sure that a number of underlings are going to face indictment, how high will it go? At least to McCabe, probably Comey, he leaked classified information to get Mueller appointed and signed several of the illegal Page warrants. He did a lot more, but I suspect that he probably covered his tracks well. Crapper and Brennan? Depends on how well they covered up their activities. Lynch and Rice? I bet no black women are indicted. Samantha Powers? If they can show that she lied about all the unmaskings that occurred under her log in, I'd say she is toast. Rosenstein and Yates both signed off on the illegal Page warrants.

We live in interesting times.

The Watergate scandal was kicked off by a break-in by five men at the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. on June 17, 1972.

The GOP Administration had engaged in an array of clandestine and often illegal activities, including illegal spying on the offices of political opponents and people of whom Nixon or his officials were suspicious. Nixon and his close aides also ordered investigations of activist groups and political figures, using the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as political weapons.

Here is the difference: After engaging in these illegal activities, the GOP WON the upcoming election. In the current case, after the Democrats engaged in these illegal activities, they LOST the upcoming election.

As such, it won't be Congress this time getting to the bottom of the scandal(s) but the DOJ, as would have occurred had McGovern won the election.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, we will now have an opportunity to see how history would have been different had McGovern won the election despite the illegal spying and crimes committed against his campaign.

I'm pretty sure that a number of underlings are going to face indictment, how high will it go? At least to McCabe, probably Comey, he leaked classified information to get Mueller appointed and signed several of the illegal Page warrants. He did a lot more, but I suspect that he probably covered his tracks well. Crapper and Brennan? Depends on how well they covered up their activities. Lynch and Rice? I bet no black women are indicted. Samantha Powers? If they can show that she lied about all the unmaskings that occurred under her log in, I'd say she is toast. Rosenstein and Yates both signed off on the illegal Page warrants.

rosenstein is (R). comey is (R). are you saying that he signed FISA warrants? wow wow wow. comey did no such thing. & the rest of your diatribe, including the referance about 'black women' is just stunning.

rosenstein is (R). comey is (R). are you saying that he signed FISA warrants? wow wow wow. comey did no such thing. & the rest of your diatribe, including the referance about 'black women' is just stunning.
Comey most certainly did. As for Rice and Lynch, do you think if Smollett were White that charges would have been dropped?

You are "stunned" that any prosecutor is going to be hesitant to bring indictments against Rice and Lynch knowing that bringing criminal charges against two high ranking black woman will have optics that are just terrible? Of course this will be a gut check and I don't believe you are actually "stunned" at all.

As for Comey signing the illegal Page Warrants:

height.576.no_border.width.1024.jpg

A number of top FBI and Justice Department officials neglected to provide essential information to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) when applying for a warrant to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

Former FBI Director James Comey, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, former Deputy Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe, and former Attorney General Sally Yates all signed off on the FISC warrant applications.

Forum List

Back