Barney Frank Calls Scalia a "Homophobe"

Take kick backs from Freddie and Fannie??? We should hope anyway.
By the Way Cecile Thanks for the laugh Your Response to edit was the best laugh I've had in weeks.

Edit the fact that you think Barney Frank is smart has lowered my opinion of you by a good bit. If you look up sleazy unscroupulous politician he is there on the left hand side of the page.

Na she wasn't saying Frank is smart, she was saying everybody in Frank's state is even dumber than Frank. Though that's pretty funny since Mass. is among the top states in most studies that have attempted to measure average intelligence by state.

Studies by whom? Measured how? I'd say the most conclusive study of the intelligence of people in Massachusetts would be looking at who and what they vote for. Two words for you: Ted Kennedy. Case closed.

You equate stupidity with liberalism, so the case may be closed for you. Here's an example of what I was talking about in case anybody else was wondering: http://www.people.vcu.edu/~mamcdani/Publications/McDaniel (2006) Estimating state IQ.pdf

(Table on Page 6/13).

Depends on your state and your color.
Ridiculous.
Sadly, no.

Different states have different penalties:

State By State Laws - NORML

Different skin colors are incarcerated at different rates:

Racial Differences in Drug Arrests - NORML
Now we see where you get these stupid ideas. NO ONE is in prison JUST for smoking pot. CONTRARY to your original assertion.

And those arrests listed? It DOES NOT say if there were outstanding warrants on the individuals, which was what the arrest was actually for, the pot charge is usually tacked on in those cases.

When groups like NORML and their parrots LIE about things like this, it kind of makes you wonder why there's no credibility, right?

If you are caught smoking pot and wind up in jail, the pot charge didn't put you there, an outstanding warrant for a past offense likely did.

Worth repeating: There is NO ONE in prison just for smoking pot.

Yeah, I think that's true.

Nobody goes to prison for SMOKING pot.

Growing it, selling it, or giving it away is another matter, of course.

We have elected to give the American Hemp franchise to the Mexican mafia.

Wasn't that a smart thing for us to do?

See how well that's working out for you folks ont he Meixcan/American border?

Yup, that WAR ON AMERICANS that we refer to as the WAR ON DRUGS is a brilliant policy, isn't it?

It's made billionaires of criminals, made criminals of millions of law abiding citizens and its gotten thousands of perfectly innocent people who neither take drugs or buy or sell drugs killed.

Great move, America.

Very wise policy.

Scalia dissented from the court's ruling in 2003 that struck down state laws banning consensual sodomy. He has complained about judges, rather than elected officials, deciding questions of morality about which the Constitution is silent.

so, that's the reason he dissented in that case, is that what he wrote?

Sorry for the TROLL post but I couldn't help this one:

BarneyFrank+--+BankingQueen.jpg

Hold it

Is being a Homophobe the same as being anti-Homosexual?

Because I think I am a Homophobe...

Scalia dissented from the court's ruling in 2003 that struck down state laws banning consensual sodomy. He has complained about judges, rather than elected officials, deciding questions of morality about which the Constitution is silent.

Ever read anything beyond headlines or watch the full interviews of people? Scalia -as a JUDGE -believes the proper level of government to decide these kinds of issues is state legislatures and the Constitution itself supports that opinion which at all times expects ELECTED people to make new law because only elected people can be held accountable for what they do by WE THE PEOPLE.

But Scalia's PERSONAL opinion is that no level of government should be regulating the sexual practices of citizens. His personal opinion is irrelevant when it comes to interpreting the Constitution AS WRITTEN. The Supreme Court wasn't given the authority to impose the private moral beliefs of the currently sitting judges or in any way alter the intent of the Constitution. Only WE THE PEOPLE can alter the Constititution. Supreme Court judges were only given the authority to take and hear cases that involve constitutional issues and interpret those cases in accordance with our Constitution. AS IT IS WRITTEN -not in accordance with their personal opinion. And guess what? The Constitution says the proper level of government to decide all sorts of issues, including issues of morality -isn't the Supreme Court but either local or state governments. Just like Scalia keeps insisting. The Constitution SPECIFICALLY states that all powers not specifically given to federal government lies with STATE GOVERNMENT or WE THE PEOPLE. And Barney Franks hates that -would rather see justices on the Supreme Court rule in accordance with their PERSONAL opinon instead of the Constitution. Which is why Franks LIED and said the only possible reason Scalia would hold those beliefs is because he must be a homophobe.

Personally, I think Franks has long outlived his usefulness to our government and his own contituents should vote him out -for no other reason than the fact he voted to impose a massive spending bill on all of us without bothering to actually read the thing first. I think ANY politician who votes to impose ANY bill on us without bothering to read it first should be voted out of office since that represents the greatest level of ARROGANCE these elitists can show to us "little people".

But hey, I have to ask since so many liberals seem to think otherwise -does that mean if some nutjob decides to off Franks that the fact I criticized what Franks has said and done, it somehow means I bear responsibility for that crime? In spite of the fact that not one word I have written incites or encourages violence of any kind? And exactly how do liberals reconcile their belief that criticizing their favored public figures amounts to advocating for their murder by some whacko with the fact we live in a free country -which means we ALL have the right to criticize and disagree with the acts and words of any and all public figures? Which certainly includes politicians.

I can't read this, it reads like a prison screed from Charles Manson.

Still, Barney Frank reminds me of an uncooked Oscar Myer wennie.

Pretty much. As well as explaining that dissent in an interview on 60 Minutes a few years ago. This article ignores the Constitutional grounds Scalia dissented on cases he personally agreed with -but hey, the media hasn't been fair and impartial to conservatives and presented the full facts instead of selected bits for nearly a decade now, has it?

Justice Scalia, the Great Dissenter, Opens Up : NPR

he has a (D) after his name

I voted for TWO REPUBLICAN SENATORS here in Maine.

Why?

Because they too are smart cookies who can represent this state well.

CAre to retract that statement, now?

Of course you won't.

That would require that you had a set.
LOL
our 2 senators might as well have a (D)
and i'm not surprised you voted for them
i wont be ever again

And there we go...a perfect example of the circular logic of most partisans and a perfect example why having a serious discussion about issues here is mostly impossible.

When their arguments are proven to be false by the facts, idiots tell us that the facts don't matter.

Stupidity is the political superpower of the far right, no doubt about it.

Legions of hateful fearful cowardly idiots who could not think logically about a matter if their nation depended on it.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank called Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia a "homophobe" in a recent interview with the gay news Web site 365gay.com.

The Democratic lawmaker, who is gay, was discussing gay marriage and his expectation that the high court would some day be called upon to decide whether the Constitution allows the federal government to deny recognition to same-sex marriages.

"I wouldn't want it to go to the United States Supreme Court now because that homophobe Antonin Scalia has too many votes on this current court," said Frank. The video of the interview is available online.

Frank's office did not respond to a request Monday to expand on his remark. Scalia also had no comment.

Controversial topics like gay rights and abortion should not be in the hands of judges, he has said, calling on people to persuade their legislatures or amend the Constitution.

My Way News - Rep. Frank calls Scalia a 'homophobe' in interview
-----

Barney Frank - What a fine example of respect and class.

Barney Frank is just another of that collection of circus freaks Democrats have put into public office.

I voted for TWO REPUBLICAN SENATORS here in Maine.

Why?

Because they too are smart cookies who can represent this state well.

CAre to retract that statement, now?

Of course you won't.

That would require that you had a set.
LOL
our 2 senators might as well have a (D)
and i'm not surprised you voted for them
i wont be ever again

And there we go...a perfect example of the circular logic of most partisans and a perfect example why having a serious discussion about issues here is mostly impossible.

When their arguments are proven to be false by the facts, idiots tell us that the facts don't matter.

Stupidity is the political superpower of the far right, no doubt about it.

Legions of hateful fearful cowardly idiots who could not think logically about a matter if their nation depended on it.
no, YOU are the perfect example
it has nothing to do with PARTY for me you asshole
it has to do with IDEOLOGY
and our two senators shift and change too fucking much
thats why they SUCK

Sadly, no.

Different skin colors are incarcerated at different rates:

Racial Differences in Drug Arrests - NORML

OH...and you were so close.

That link talks about arrests.

Not prison.

Thanks for playing though.
People that don't get arrested don't go to prison, dimwit. So yes, a higher arrest rate, no matter how little the difference, will mean a higher incarceration rate. Especially in states that have stiffer penalties.

I thank God every day that my kids are white, middle class dillholes and not black, lower class dillholes that can't afford attorneys.

Glad to hear you don't consider me (a public defender) an attorney.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank called Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia a "homophobe" in a recent interview with the gay news Web site 365gay.com.

The Democratic lawmaker, who is gay, was discussing gay marriage and his expectation that the high court would some day be called upon to decide whether the Constitution allows the federal government to deny recognition to same-sex marriages.

"I wouldn't want it to go to the United States Supreme Court now because that homophobe Antonin Scalia has too many votes on this current court," said Frank. The video of the interview is available online.

Frank's office did not respond to a request Monday to expand on his remark. Scalia also had no comment.

Controversial topics like gay rights and abortion should not be in the hands of judges, he has said, calling on people to persuade their legislatures or amend the Constitution.

My Way News - Rep. Frank calls Scalia a 'homophobe' in interview
-----

Barney Frank - What a fine example of respect and class.

Old thread, but Barney is still spot on. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

OH...and you were so close.

That link talks about arrests.

Not prison.

Thanks for playing though.
People that don't get arrested don't go to prison, dimwit. So yes, a higher arrest rate, no matter how little the difference, will mean a higher incarceration rate. Especially in states that have stiffer penalties.

I thank God every day that my kids are white, middle class dillholes and not black, lower class dillholes that can't afford attorneys.

Glad to hear you don't consider me (a public defender) an attorney.
IF you are a public defender you are failing your clients by posting here.

well, to be honest, Barney is a bit scary looking. I dont think that has to do with him being gay though. I think he just scares anyone with two eyes and a brain.

Forum List

Back