I am loving this. Big tax refund!

Feb 28, 2009
Has anyone done their taxes yet? I just finished a bit ago.

I overpaid in 2008, to the tune of $2800 and that's coming back to me in a nice little check from the IRS next week.

Big tax refunds going to folks who never have to work, have no debts, who were frugal when frugal wasn't cool, who saved instead of spending and bought everything with cash.... And who still have most of their cash... Life couldn't be better!

I'm liking this tax plan!

I overpaid in 2008, to the tune of $2800 and that's coming back to me in a nice little check from the IRS next week.

Big tax refunds going to folks who never have to work, have no debts, who were frugal when frugal wasn't cool, who saved instead of spending and bought everything with cash.... And who still have most of their cash... Life couldn't be better!

only stupid people overpay, IMO.
enjoy

Already got my Fed. refund.. Should have State soon. Federal just got dumped in the bank. Methinks State is going to fund a new wall-mount TV so I can get rid of a big, bulky entertainment center and smaller TV. More room for Wii toys. FUN.

enjoy

HMPH! I didn't overpay on purpose. :(

Already got my Fed. refund.. Should have State soon. Federal just got dumped in the bank. Methinks State is going to fund a new wall-mount TV so I can get rid of a big, bulky entertainment center and smaller TV. More room for Wii toys. FUN.

we got a wii for xmas. when i can pry it away from the kids, the golf is a lot of fun. i've heard guitar hero isn't bad, either. :eusa_whistle:

The gov't hates single renters. I owed 'em 3 bucks this year.

nice work. why give the govt an interest free loan?

Heh ... I ask my Dad that every year he tells me to overpay, he calls it a forced savings plan.

i understand where he's coming from, but force yourself to save and put it in an interest bearing acct.

how was the burn, BTW?
i wound up painting and rehanging shutters <sucked>

enjoy
I didn't have much choice in the matter. They tax windfall profit income at a higher percentage rate, but my yearly earnings overall put me in the lowest bracket. So, end of year they owe.

Anyone who WORKS and overpays, that's a different story. They can control that with their W-4 form. I cannot.

Last edited:
enjoy
I didn't have much choice in the matter. They tax windfall profit income at a higher percentage rate, but my yearly earnings overall put me in the lowest bracket. So, end of year they owe.

Anyone who WORKS and overpays, that's a different story. They can control that with their W-4 form. I cannot.

:cool:

nice work. why give the govt an interest free loan?

Heh ... I ask my Dad that every year he tells me to overpay, he calls it a forced savings plan.

i understand where he's coming from, but force yourself to save and put it in an interest bearing acct.

how was the burn, BTW?

Yeah, I understand his train of thought but I like your idea better.

The burn went quite well ... it never feels like work. Large XMas tree mushroom cloud. We got a lot more to do this coming weekend if the rain holds off.

I have my big flat-screen already, with an added 900 watt Dolby Digital sound system.

I'm thinking pool table still.
But, LOOK at the stimulation of the economy! We're talking about BUYING stuff! Ain't it cool?

we got a wii for xmas. when i can pry it away from the kids, the golf is a lot of fun. i've heard guitar hero isn't bad, either. :eusa_whistle:

I like the Wii golf too, but my best game so far is 7 over par.

I have my big flat-screen already, with an added 900 watt Dolby Digital sound system.

I'm thinking pool table still.
But, LOOK at the stimulation of the economy! We're talking about BUYING stuff! Ain't it cool?

I stimulated the economy today, I ordered the stuff to re-do two bathrooms!

I like the Wii golf too, but my best game so far is 7 over par.

I do believe my 4-year old nephew has you beat, the little snot. :lol:

how was the burn, BTW?

Yeah, I understand his train of thought but I like your idea better.

The burn went quite well ... it never feels like work. Large XMas tree mushroom cloud. We got a lot more to do this coming weekend if the rain holds off.

there's always that moment for me when i think "WHOA, maybe this fire's just a little too big"

then it calms down. later that evening i usually draw new eyebrows for myself :eusa_whistle:

enjoy

So you made less money in 2008 than you did in 2007 and therefore owed less in taxes?

Forum List

Back