Barney Frank Calls Scalia a "Homophobe"

I though Scalia and Cheney were lovers.

My mistake...

:lol:

Now THAT picture is painful.

Scalia doesn't seem to enjoy much adulation anymore now that Repubs are out. Maybe now he understands how Ruth Bader Ginsberg felt while the wingnuts were in power.

Suck it up Scalia, nobody cares about you feeling offended.

When did Scalia ever "enjoy much adulation"? In what Bizarro World of yours has he ever not had to tolerate a lot of bullshit leftist attacks?

And hello, genius! Where did anyone indicate that Scalia was offended, or even cares what Barney Frank says? Did you even read this thread before opening your cavernous piehole, or did you just make up what you wanted to respond to?

Suck it up, Sarah. Nobody cares about your delusions.

If Barny Frank were running for office here in Maine, I'd vote for him.

He's one smart cookie, folks.

Gay he may be, but frankly, my dears, I don't give a damn.

I had no idea Scallia was anti-gay.

I haven't read the opinion in question, but it sounds like he dissented to striking down the anti-sodomy laws because he's a strict constructionist, i.e. he felt it was an issue to be decided individually by states. While this doesn't make Scalia a homophobe, it does make it true that he would likely side with States banning gay marriage.

Well, first they would have to HAVE gay "marriage", because you can't ban something that doesn't exist. Second, since they have every legal right to decide what they will and won't recognize as a marriage, ANY Justice who actually believes in the law like he should would support them exercising those rights.

Oh, spare me. You'd vote for a three-eyed, retarded hunchback if he had a (D) after his name. Come to think of it, that's not too far off a description of Barney Frank, last time I looked.

You would vote for one of the people who helped destroy the economy, and you think he is smart?

What exactly is the criteria you are using here.

You would vote for one of the people who helped destroy the economy, and you think he is smart?

Psssst! His criteria is that Frank is a Democrat.

I had no idea Scallia was anti-gay.

I haven't read the opinion in question, but it sounds like he dissented to striking down the anti-sodomy laws because he's a strict constructionist, i.e. he felt it was an issue to be decided individually by states. While this doesn't make Scalia a homophobe, it does make it true that he would likely side with States banning gay marriage.

Well, first they would have to HAVE gay "marriage", because you can't ban something that doesn't exist. Second, since they have every legal right to decide what they will and won't recognize as a marriage, ANY Justice who actually believes in the law like he should would support them exercising those rights.

Well, as you know, there were quite a few gays who got married during the window between the CA Supreme Court declaring their first gay marriage ban unconstitutional and the passage of Prop 8. So, legit or not, that would give them grounds to at least bring a case if their "marriages" were nullified.

This issue is more complex than anti-sodomy laws. First, there's the Federal DOMA which, rightly or wrongly, brought gay marriage squarely into the federal domain by making it an exception to the Full Faith and Credit Clause. Gays could not have the same version of marriage in any given state that allows it given that not only do other states not have to recognize it, but the federal government won't.

If Scalia still sided with the States (and the Constitution), regardless of whether the law of the State was favorable or unfavorable towards gay marriage, then we could say for certain it's because he's a strict constructionist rather than any moral qualms about gay marriage per se.

I don't vote blindly for my Reps and Senators and I believe Frank's constituents find him tough and very capable of representing them in Washington.

BULLSHIT. You have been here long enough for us to know you are a koolaid drinking Liberal that Fawns at the feet of Obama.

Well maybe not everyone knows that about me, perhaps it's just you wingnuts who, as we all have figured out, know everything about everyone here. :lol:

J/K

WEll now...that's a damned good question.

Are you prepared to remove from office every person who was in government for the last thirty years regardless of whether they are Republican or Democrat?

Are you?

If not, then please do spare me your protestations that Barney Frank destroyed this nation.

Our government combined with the master puppeteers who own them have destroyed our nation, sweetie.

Wake the fuck up!

Antonin, spoiled little boy who thinks he know better than everyone. Whether he is a homophobe is irrelevant, his votes and his thoughts amount to that. Are all Catholic Italian boys petty dictators or is that just everyone I know. LOL. Scalia is scary as he can argue night is day and convince himself he is right. Scalia, Alito and Thomas are as close to fascists as bark is to tree. Corporate worshipers all.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjaB3cxH-XE]YouTube - Scalia: Get Over It! (CBS News)[/ame]

"Despite lip service to "judicial restraint" Scalia has been waging a war against consumer product regulation as well as protections for workers, at both the state and federal level.

by Simon Lazarus and Harper Jean Tobin

"Modern American conservatives are widely perceived as reflexively pro-states' rights. But as long ago as 1982, movement icon Antonin Scalia, then a University of Chicago law professor, warned members of the fledgling Federalist Society to shed such myopic nostalgia. Conservatives' underlying goal, he said, is "market freedom." While that goal surely justifies opposition to federal economic intervention, he observed, it should also entail actively exploiting federal authority to stop objectionable meddling by state governments. He counseled conservatives to "fight a two-front war" against overzealous regulation at the state no less than the federal levels: "[W]ith all these targets out there," he noted, there must be "at least a few targets to be shot at.""

Justice Scalia's Two-Front War | The American Prospect

I don't vote blindly for my Reps and Senators and I believe Frank's constituents find him tough and very capable of representing them in Washington.
SUUUURRREEEEEE you dont
if they have a (D) after their name, YOU vote for them
you dont fool anyone

he has a (D) after his name

BULLSHIT. You have been here long enough for us to know you are a koolaid drinking Liberal that Fawns at the feet of Obama.

Well maybe not everyone knows that about me, perhaps it's just you wingnuts who, as we all have figured out, know everything about everyone here. :lol:

J/K
it doesnt taker a wingnut to figure your moronic partisan bullshit out
LOL

Well, as you know, there were quite a few gays who got married during the window between the CA Supreme Court declaring their first gay marriage ban unconstitutional and the passage of Prop 8. So, legit or not, that would give them grounds to at least bring a case if their "marriages" were nullified.

This issue is more complex than anti-sodomy laws. First, there's the Federal DOMA which, rightly or wrongly, brought gay marriage squarely into the federal domain by making it an exception to the Full Faith and Credit Clause. Gays could not have the same version of marriage in any given state that allows it given that not only do other states not have to recognize it, but the federal government won't.

If Scalia still sided with the States (and the Constitution), regardless of whether the law of the State was favorable or unfavorable towards gay marriage, then we could say for certain it's because he's a strict constructionist rather than any moral qualms about gay marriage per se.

Insofar as homosexual "marriage" in California was never instated LEGALLY, they don't have much of a real case, although we all know how much weight legality holds with lunatic California judges. Since the question here, though, is whether or not you can ban something that never existed, not whether or not they can sue, I'd say the fact that it wasn't brought about legally argues strongly for the fact that California never had it to ban.

Unfortunately for your scenario, while the Constitution is silent on marriage, making it not a Constitutional issue to refuse to recognize it, the Constitution ALSO gives Congress the power to pass federal law, making a federal DOMA passed by them completely Constitutional.

Barney is a political criminal. See my blog indianaoracle.wordpress.com under that heading.

He is doing everything he can to get the light off himself. Dodd is almost circling the drain; Barney sees it coming.

That fact that he is queer...my motto is: leave me alone and you can do what you want.

I do not respect him because he is a political opportunist; a near perfect model of Congressional sleaze.

What's the matter with the state of Massachuchetts can't they find anyone else, this guy has made a career out of being an incompetent politician and he runs unopposed each and every time. To the people of Massachuchetts would you please do something to get rid of this guy, he's an ass, you should be embarrassed about him. While you are at it, get rid of the other CAREER politicians you have out there, John Kerry and Ted Kennedy. The three of them are one of the main reasons that millions of Americans want term limits. You guys can't even get anyone to run against them.

What's the matter with the state of Massachuchetts can't they find anyone else, this guy has made a career out of being an incompetent politician and he runs unopposed each and every time. To the people of Massachuchetts would you please do something to get rid of this guy, he's an ass, you should be embarrassed about him. While you are at it, get rid of the other CAREER politicians you have out there, John Kerry and Ted Kennedy. The three of them are one of the main reasons that millions of Americans want term limits. You guys can't even get anyone to run against them.

Have you BEEN to Massachusetts? Barney Frank and Teddy Kennedy are actually the smartest and sanest men IN that godforsaken state. And John Kerry is the handsomest. Why do you think I live on the other side of the country?

I say this is a fabricated smoke screen from Barney to divert attention away from his latest fuck ups........

Forum List

Back