Barbara Boxer: Please Call Me 'Senator'

I would have called her M'am too. When she questioned him about his address to her, I would have said that her respected name in the military is M'am, and thay you are talking to a brigadere General who is used to calling fellow female officer soldiers M'am, and since you are questioning me as a brigadere General in the military, you will address me as general, and I will address you as Ma'm.

Well, for the sake of Senator Boxer's on self-serving power grab, we should call her "Senator". That is, until her next election cycle. Then, if the California people are wise, she can call herself UNEMPLOYED!

Well, for the sake of Senator Boxer's on self-serving power grab, we should call her "Senator". That is, until her next election cycle. Then, if the California people are wise, she can call herself UNEMPLOYED!

dont hold your breath Dog....the majority of the people out here will SURPRISINGLY vote down gay marriage,vote down tax increases,needless construction projects....but for some strange reason will not vote away the fucking assholes who are responsible for many of their ills.....

Just came across this story while I was surfing. Glad I did a search to see if it was posted already instead of pulling a KMAN.

Man ... what an arrogant bitch.

Any body here who is military can correct me if I'm wrong.. But that's what the military do.. Yes, Sir and No Ma'am.

I was hoping to see Gunny correct you on this one. But I guess his partisanship trumps his need to correct misconceptions about the military. :eusa_whistle:

Read my previous posts. I think it's rather obvious I did no such thing. However, there's a time and place for everything and I was smart enough to play the same game with the military that you have tried on this board ... push the limits as far as I could without crossing the line.

I personally did not show politicians any more respect nor deference than anyone else. THEY think think they are somebody. I never did. Congress is not in the military chain of command and I was quick to point that out.

Partisanship has no play in military protocol.

Barbara Boxer: Call me 'senator'

good grief! talk about petty!

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) didn't like a Brigadier General calling her "ma'am" at an EPW hearing yesterday.

"Do me a favor," she said, "could say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?' It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you."

Barbara Boxer: Call me 'senator' - Shenanigans - POLITICO.com

Well it would be the same as me going up to my doctor and calling him sir 50 times. It's annoying, she's a senator, he should have known better.

Boxer is incorrect, and should shut her trap until she gets educated. "Sir" or ma'am" are titles of respect. I addressed her as Senator, and made a point of it. I addressed every officer I felt was an incompetent boob by their rank rather than "sir" or "ma'am", showing deference to the rank, but not the person wearing it.

If Boxer wants to be called "Senator," power to her. However, she shouldn't be correcting anyone for using proper protocol. As long as she's been a Senator, you'd think she'd know the rules by now.

If she was a Republican would you have posted this story? :eusa_whistle:

Of course not... (regardless of what she claims)... and if she'd ever actually done anything besides eat bon bons, she'd know that, often, women are not treated the same as their male counterparts. A man would never have had to remind them to call him senator.

But she probably doesn't understand that.

I would've had I seen it. Boxer doesn't have the right nor the authority to decree how she will be addressed so long as she is addressed properly by the rules. The same applies to ANY elected official.

This notion that elected officials outrank military personnel is stupid. The SecNav and SecDef, VP, and President were the elected officials in my chain of command. Everyone else is just an ignorant civilian.

Barbara Boxer: Call me 'senator'

good grief! talk about petty!

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) didn't like a Brigadier General calling her "ma'am" at an EPW hearing yesterday.

"Do me a favor," she said, "could say 'senator' instead of 'ma'am?' It's just a thing, I worked so hard to get that title, so I'd appreciate it, yes, thank you."

Barbara Boxer: Call me 'senator' - Shenanigans - POLITICO.com

Well it would be the same as me going up to my doctor and calling him sir 50 times. It's annoying, she's a senator, he should have known better.

Boxer is incorrect, and should shut her trap until she gets educated. "Sir" or ma'am" are titles of respect. I addressed her as Senator, and made a point of it. I addressed every officer I felt was an incompetent boob by their rank rather than "sir" or "ma'am", showing deference to the rank, but not the person wearing it.

If Boxer wants to be called "Senator," power to her. However, she shouldn't be correcting anyone for using proper protocol. As long as she's been a Senator, you'd think she'd know the rules by now.

Yup ... easiest way to snub an officer is to call them by their rank.

If she was a Republican would you have posted this story? :eusa_whistle:

Of course not... (regardless of what she claims)... and if she'd ever actually done anything besides eat bon bons, she'd know that, often, women are not treated the same as their male counterparts. A man would never have had to remind them to call him senator.

But she probably doesn't understand that.

seems really petty bordering on petulant to me, but it's hard to tell from a 17 second sound bite.

i wasn't aware that one was required to address senators only as senator.

There is no such requirement. "Sir/ma'am" is completely appropriate and she has no say in the matter. Had I know it annoyed her, I'd have made sure to "ma'am" the shit out of her.:lol:

seems really petty bordering on petulant to me, but it's hard to tell from a 17 second sound bite.

i wasn't aware that one was required to address senators only as senator.

you also can't tell how they treated her BEFORE that 17 second sound bite. It may well be that the boys' club needed a reminder that she's a Senator. I'm pretty sure that anyone can sound a little cranky if caught at the wrong moment in a much longer event.

I think the point though is that it's another nonissue whining thread by williow ijit. ;)

What boy's club needs a reminder she's a senator? Her shit still stinks like everyone else's. SHE is the one who should be taking the higher road. "Cranky" is unbecoming an elected official in public. Especially when be addressed with a title of respect that for some stupid reason she saw fit to object to.

Actually, that isn't the common definition. The common definition is a group of former democrats (yes, you're right there) who joined with republicans and who wanted to reshape the middle east in the interests of the US. That included affecting the balance of power in the mideast... affecting the power over oil in the mideast and having military bases centered in the mid-east. not only christians, many jews as well.

A clearer picture of the neo-con agenda can be seen in the PNAC letter to Bill Clinton as far back as 1998:

Letter to President Clinton on Iraq

*yawn* That definition is ridiculous.

How about I call you Mr neo con tool?

What's a "neo con"? Explain. I don't think I've heard your definition of one.

Seriously?

Ok..

Neo con Or...New Conservatives are a combination of old Southern democrats that got pissed off with Johnson's great society and the Christian activists, that with a specific agenda against abortion and gays, got together to infiltrate and take over the republican party of Eisenhower and Barry Goldwater.

Barry had just recently weakened the party with his "Nuke em" philosophy.

In flooded the naive Christian base with Reagan, Bush and Bush. Eager to vote against thiers and thier countries best interests as long as the party professes to be against abortion and gays.

These people are easily lead into war putting the "con" into "conservative" because they gleefully drain the caufers for nothing that benefits america. The "neo cons are easily convinced of the latest "enemy" via the 10 to one ratio of right wing to progressive radio talkers like Rush Limbaugh who hand out the daily marching orders known as "talking points" to thier mindless minions.

Neo cons are easy prey for International Corporatists and fascism because the buttons pushed to get the neo con core reacting are cheap. They allways look to a leader for direction where progressives tend to think for themselves and make associations based on what they have already researched.

Okay. I disagree. Neocon is a misnomer. My definition is based on what I witnessed. The Democrats, myself included, who jumped ship when Carter was such an abysmal failure. However, I have since altered that opinon somewhat.

The Democrats of today are the neocons of tomorrow. As the left keeps pushing left, Democrats who actually take stances will feel that rug is being yanked from under their feet even as we did in the late 70s. They deny it now, but the fact is, a lot of so-called liberals on this board are every bit as judgmental and trying to force their beliefs on everyone else as any rightwinger.

I'm waiting for the left to finally pony up on this abortion they put in office this time. Perhaps, however, I misjudge. When it was Carter, we still had balls and dumped his ass and the people and party that supported him.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of stones on the left right now, and I KNOW from some of the things I've read on here in the past from lefties, they're just biting their tongues to maintain the partisan facade.

Do you have a link to "every" lefty did, or do you enjoy embelishing? Because if you enjoy embelishing, how could you believe someone would take you seriously?

Having read some of YOUR posts, you might want to consider just going back to your corner.:eusa_eh:

Well you are one up on me, I don't read any of your dribble. Well unless it is aimed at me.

That would be drivel, uneducated one, and I can't compare to yours, much as it shames me to say you are better at me than something. Alas, I cannot make myself look anywhere near the fool you seem to be so expert at presenting yourself as.

If you want to play with me, youn 'un, try loading that cap pistol first.:lol:

First........my qualifications.............20 year Navy veteran, retired.

So, yeah, I kinda know how these things work.

If a person was of the officer or chief rank, and they were male, it was "Sir". If they were female it was "Ma'am".

If it was an officer, then it was sir or ma'am, or their rank, depending on the person involved and who else was present. Some asshole officers expected you to use their rank all the time, but those were usually the Academy grads (ring knockers in the slang term).

So, if that dumb bitch Boxer wants the General to call her Senator, that dumb whore ought to call him General every time she beats her gums.

I hope this fucking bitch loses at least 50 percent of her political capital because of this.

And...........for all you conservatives...........this ought to show that I'm neither liberal nor conservative.........I'm independent.

You addressed Chiefs as "sir or ma'am'? No wonder they hated me. I addressed them as "Hey you ..squid ...":lol:

Boxer has NO right to demand a General address her as anything. I can't even imagine. I mouthed off to her as a SSgt. if I was a General officer? Katie bar the f-in g door.:lol: I'd have fired back on her fat ass so fast she'd have thought she was in the Flame Zone on USMB.:lol:

Yup ... easiest way to snub an officer is to call them by their rank.

Exactly. Guess Boxer didn't get the memo.:eusa_whistle:

Damn, Gunny, you just went all Cecille on this thread ...

How's that?

Sorry. I despise people like Boxer, and it is mostly from my run-in with her. If you want to lead ME, get your ass out front and lead or get out of my way. But don't sit on the porch with no intention of getting off your ass and telling me how to do shit and what's best for me.

If it makes you feel any better, I addressed Cheney as Mr Cheney. I can't stand the dude. he's got that cheshire cat thing going.

It isn't just a Dem thing. More like a civilian thing.:lol:

How's that?

Sorry. I despise people like Boxer, and it is mostly from my run-in with her. If you want to lead ME, get your ass out front and lead or get out of my way. But don't sit on the porch with no intention of getting off your ass and telling me how to do shit and what's best for me.

lol ...

It's just an observation. Cecille tends to jump into threads and respond to like a dozen or more posts one after another.

How's that?

lol ...

It's just an observation. Cecille tends to jump into threads and respond to like a dozen or more posts one after another.

Oh. I only do that when I get a chance to actually respond. You will note, I was participating on page 1. I wasn't aware that was a ceclie thing.

Is she hot?:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back