Barbara Boxer: Please Call Me 'Senator'

Any body here who is military can correct me if I'm wrong.. But that's what the military do.. Yes, Sir and No Ma'am.

I was hoping to see Gunny correct you on this one. But I guess his partisanship trumps his need to correct misconceptions about the military. :eusa_whistle:

Many many more military fellows and gals here on the board.. where :eusa_whistle: oh where are they??? Manifold???

seems really petty bordering on petulant to me, but it's hard to tell from a 17 second sound bite.

i wasn't aware that one was required to address senators only as senator.

you also can't tell how they treated her BEFORE that 17 second sound bite. It may well be that the boys' club needed a reminder that she's a Senator. I'm pretty sure that anyone can sound a little cranky if caught at the wrong moment in a much longer event.

I think the point though is that it's another nonissue whining thread by williow ijit. ;)

maybe ms. boxer is unaware that the proper form for addressing the queen of england is ma'am? :lol:

i doubt a general officer needs to be reminded that the senate committee he is being addressed by is made up of senators, and i further doubt that he'd be stupid enough to be openly disrespectful to one, regardless of his personal feelings (assuming they were negative, which of course, we don't know). i'm gonna go with petty/petulant behavior by the esteemed junior senator from the golden state, and no, it really doesn't matter.

personally, i address my senior senator as "fat boy" and the junior one as "the gigolo", but that's just me.

again, the point is that the ignorant whiner wouldn't have made mention of it if it wasn't a dem.

as for Senators Kennedy and Kerry, perhaps you'd call them by their proper names if you agreed with their politics?

Also, I'm guessing that not having been subjected to the disparate treatment that professional women often receive as compared to their male counterparts, you wouldn't know how easy it is for them to get on your last nerve. ;)

i am southern you cant go wrong with ma'am...and sir...just as simple as that...most military men use the word ma'am as far as i can tell...unless the said ma'am was in military too ...she was rude saying anything in front of people..even the queen of england doesnt do that...

i am southern you cant go wrong with ma'am...and sir...just as simple as that...most military men use the word ma'am as far as i can tell...unless the said ma'am was in military too ...she was rude saying anything in front of people..even the queen of england doesnt do that...

that's right. the queen of England knows how to be a lady,, she dosen't have to throw her weight around and try to look tough in front of a committee.. boxer must have a "I hate men and military" complex.

again, the point is that the ignorant whiner wouldn't have made mention of it if it wasn't a dem.

as for Senators Kennedy and Kerry, perhaps you'd call them by their proper names if you agreed with their politics?

Also, I'm guessing that not having been subjected to the disparate treatment that professional women often receive as compared to their male counterparts, you wouldn't know how easy it is for them to get on your last nerve. ;)

actually, i have agreed with them occasionally, but i've known their personal histories too long and too well to ever have any respect for them. if they agreed with me 100% on everything, i'd still consider them to be unfit for polite society and beneath contempt.

and no, i've never been on the receiving end of the disparate treatment of which you speak, and i wouldn't know how easy it is, but c'mon, do you think he was calling her "babe" prior to the sound bite?

would you be jumping to her defense if she had an "r" after her name?

Bitching out Condi too

Condescending and showing contempt.. I wouldn't call her Senator either! She's lucky she got "Ma'am..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FdFf7_yUVc&feature=related]YouTube - Senator Boxer Bitches Out Condoliesalot Rice[/ame]

Drama Queen!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B54qepCUArQ&feature=related]YouTube - Barbara Boxer and Lindsey Graham face off on Senate floor over stimulus plan[/ame]

So mcCain is McCain not Senator McCain.. Palin is Palin not Govenor Palin and Hillary is Hillary not Senator Clinton...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zARN8yNEWE&feature=related]YouTube - Sen. Barbara Boxer blasts Mccain VP pick - Sarah Palin[/ame]

actually, i have agreed with them occasionally, but i've known their personal histories too long and too well to ever have any respect for them. if they agreed with me 100% on everything, i'd still consider them to be unfit for polite society and beneath contempt.

and no, i've never been on the receiving end of the disparate treatment of which you speak, and i wouldn't know how easy it is, but c'mon, do you think he was calling her "babe" prior to the sound bite?

would you be jumping to her defense if she had an "r" after her name?

I'd probably say the poster was just as silly. ;)

especially given that the same wingnut was crying crocodile tears over a joke that offended palin.

If Barbara Boxer had any class she wouldn't have minded being called "Ma'am". It was a power play thing. Pretty petty I think. I have known, and still know and associate from time to time with some fairly powerful folks. The classy ones aren't so hung up on titles.

Forum List

Back