Barbara Boxer: Please Call Me 'Senator'

You would just call him General not Brigadier General.

Why? He EARNED the title of Brigadier General did he not?

That's just the way it is. All Generals, whether they are Brigadier, Major, Lieutenant, or Lee, are all addressed as "General."

well, if he can't be addressed as Brigadier General cause he worked so hard to earn it,, then she can get over the "Senator" thing..:lol:

Funny how every lefty in the country called President Bush "Mr. Bush" when he was in office.

Some people are just so arrogant...

Barbara Boxer: Please Call Me 'Senator' -- Politics Daily

Do you have a link to "every" lefty did, or do you enjoy embelishing? Because if you enjoy embelishing, how could you believe someone would take you seriously?

FYI most of us righties could care less that you lefties don't take us seriously. Seriously! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funny how every lefty in the country called President Bush "Mr. Bush" when he was in office.

Do you have a link to "every" lefty did, or do you enjoy embelishing? Because if you enjoy embelishing, how could you believe someone would take you seriously?

Having read some of YOUR posts, you might want to consider just going back to your corner.:eusa_eh:

Boxer again displays her complete disdain for the Military. No surprise here. Dude was applying military courtesy, giving her respect, and she disrespected him totally.

How about I call you Mr neo con tool?

What's a "neo con"? Explain. I don't think I've heard your definition of one.

Seriously?

Ok..

Neo con Or...New Conservatives are a combination of old Southern democrats that got pissed off with Johnson's great society and the Christian activists, that with a specific agenda against abortion and gays, got together to infiltrate and take over the republican party of Eisenhower and Barry Goldwater.

Barry had just recently weakened the party with his "Nuke em" philosophy.

In flooded the naive Christian base with Reagan, Bush and Bush. Eager to vote against thiers and thier countries best interests as long as the party professes to be against abortion and gays.

These people are easily lead into war putting the "con" into "conservative" because they gleefully drain the caufers for nothing that benefits america. The "neo cons are easily convinced of the latest "enemy" via the 10 to one ratio of right wing to progressive radio talkers like Rush Limbaugh who hand out the daily marching orders known as "talking points" to thier mindless minions.

Neo cons are easy prey for International Corporatists and fascism because the buttons pushed to get the neo con core reacting are cheap. They allways look to a leader for direction where progressives tend to think for themselves and make associations based on what they have already researched.

Last edited:
Actually, that isn't the common definition. The common definition is a group of former democrats (yes, you're right there) who joined with republicans and who wanted to reshape the middle east in the interests of the US. That included affecting the balance of power in the mideast... affecting the power over oil in the mideast and having military bases centered in the mid-east. not only christians, many jews as well.

A clearer picture of the neo-con agenda can be seen in the PNAC letter to Bill Clinton as far back as 1998:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

Having read some of YOUR posts, you might want to consider just going back to your corner.:eusa_eh:

Well you are one up on me, I don't read any of your dribble. Well unless it is aimed at me.

Senator Jack Reed asked Pace if a foreign nation held a US Marine in a cell, naked with a bag over his head, squatting with his arms uplifted for 45 minutes, whether would that be a good interrogation technique or a Geneva Convention violation.

"I would describe it as a violation, sir," replied Pace, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

"As I read General Sanchez's guidance, precisely that behaviour could have been employed in Iraq," said Reed, a Rhode Island Democrat.

Equipo Nizkor - Pentagon grilled on Iraq jail interrogation rules

The reason we need the head of Central Command and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs at the table was demonstrated last September. Sen. John W. Warner (R-Va.), a former secretary of the Navy, asked Petraeus, "If we continue what you have laid before the Congress ... does this make America safer?" Petraeus correctly responded, "Well sir, I don't know."
Army Gen. David H. Petraeus's testimony before congress in early April unlikely to be informative in absence of top brass - ChimpsterNation
SEN. MARK DAYTON (D), MINNESOTA: Well, sir, all right, I'll accept that then. So you'll provide a copy of that letter and we can assess what the response was?

SANCHEZ: Sir, as long as that is within the approval of the higher headquarters and the department, yes, sir, we will provide that.
DAYTON: That's a big caveat but we'll see what comes forward.

SANCHEZ: Sir, I have no problems with providing you that letter. However, there are higher headquarters directives.

DAYTON: Fair enough.

Sir, on November 19th, you, again according to another newspaper report -- as soon as I think our responsibilities in this body are delegated to reading the newspapers and watching the other news reports to find out these things that we're not getting any information about.

But there's reportedly a memo from your office, General Sanchez, on November 19th that placed two key Abu Ghraib cell blocks where the abuses occurred under the control of Colonel Pappas.

CNN.com - Transcripts

In Short Senator Boxer was grandstanding to get newsplay. The US Military often uses Sir and or Ma'am to address those of higher rank or as a indication of respect of the office in which they hold. Ms. Boxer knows this as well as anyone and was using this as a tactic to get news coverage and sympathy which she most likely got .

she's like every other little nit picky liberal,, she demands the respect she's not willing to bestow on others.. If she respected the Brigadier General she would have asked him in private to call her highness Senator, and not publicly in front of the c-span cameras.. She has no class.

They allways look to a leader for direction where progressives tend to think for themselves and make associations based on what they have already researched.

you werent doing to bad Huggy till you got to your last sentence....excuse me for a second....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....ok....come to my state....and tell me these "PROGRESSIVES" think for themselves....

First........my qualifications.............20 year Navy veteran, retired.

So, yeah, I kinda know how these things work.

If a person was of the officer or chief rank, and they were male, it was "Sir". If they were female it was "Ma'am".

If it was an officer, then it was sir or ma'am, or their rank, depending on the person involved and who else was present. Some asshole officers expected you to use their rank all the time, but those were usually the Academy grads (ring knockers in the slang term).

So, if that dumb bitch Boxer wants the General to call her Senator, that dumb whore ought to call him General every time she beats her gums.

I hope this fucking bitch loses at least 50 percent of her political capital because of this.

And...........for all you conservatives...........this ought to show that I'm neither liberal nor conservative.........I'm independent.

They allways look to a leader for direction where progressives tend to think for themselves and make associations based on what they have already researched.

you werent doing to bad Huggy till you got to your last sentence....excuse me for a second....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....ok....come to my state....and tell me these "PROGRESSIVES" think for themselves....

Ya...then there is California...:lol::lol::lol:

Actually, that isn't the common definition. The common definition is a group of former democrats (yes, you're right there) who joined with republicans and who wanted to reshape the middle east in the interests of the US. That included affecting the balance of power in the mideast... affecting the power over oil in the mideast and having military bases centered in the mid-east. not only christians, many jews as well.

A clearer picture of the neo-con agenda can be seen in the PNAC letter to Bill Clinton as far back as 1998:

Letter to President Clinton on Iraq

I don't think the Project For a New American Century is the same as the philosophy of most neo-cons.

I think thew neo cons get swept along with the PFANAC agenda in the same way their leaders which are extremely wealthy schills lead them around on many issues. In short all the international oil companies and the international weapons manufacturers have to say is that they are american companies which is a lie and the neo cons fall into place lilke good little soldiers/germans.

First........my qualifications.............20 year Navy veteran, retired.

So, yeah, I kinda know how these things work.

If a person was of the officer or chief rank, and they were male, it was "Sir". If they were female it was "Ma'am".

If it was an officer, then it was sir or ma'am, or their rank, depending on the person involved and who else was present. Some asshole officers expected you to use their rank all the time, but those were usually the Academy grads (ring knockers in the slang term).

So, if that dumb bitch Boxer wants the General to call her Senator, that dumb whore ought to call him General every time she beats her gums.

I hope this fucking bitch loses at least 50 percent of her political capital because of this.

And...........for all you conservatives...........this ought to show that I'm neither liberal nor conservative.........I'm independent.

Thanks for you input. I knew the Brigadier General meant no disrespect! She should be ashamed of herself!

Forum List

Back