anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
A visionary movie or cheap thrill?

Barb Wire (film) - Wikipedia

barb wire - Google Search

In this old movie, apart from the very sexy girl in the center, it is portrayed, how a contemporary western democracy turns into fascism. All in the name of the majority, the electoral majority.

This movie was of a budget of $23m, but cashed in only $3.8m. Is this a proof that people in the west are now ready to transition themselves from parliamentary democracy into fascism?

Last edited:

In this old movie, apart from the very sexy girl in the center, it is portrayed, how a contemporary western democracy turns into fascism. All in the name of the majority, the electoral majority.

This movie was of a budget of $23m, but cashed in only $3.8m. Is this a proof that people in the west are now ready to transition themselves from parliamentary democracy into fascism?

Do I understand you correctly? Are you suggesting that the failure of a low-grade fictional film might be proof that the public is willing to transition into the sort of dystopian society depicted in that film?

Do I understand you correctly? Are you suggesting that the failure of a low-grade fictional film might be proof that the public is willing to transition into the sort of dystopian society depicted in that film?

We don't know what grades the movies and for what political agenda. Barb Wire had merit in its environmental scripting.

its too bad that film did not become a blockbuster.I really liked it.Hope wonder women will perform better when it is soon released.

Looks like it is decided politically, which movie should make it and which shouldn't. Hollywood is a political power, with the impact of a ruling political party.

It was a pretty bad movie, but in '96 Anderson was a goddess!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back