Barack Obama’s open mockery of the Sign of the Cross

Barack Obama’s open mockery of the Sign of the Cross​

By: Judi McLeod
November 22, 2012

‘Father Barack Obama‘ mocked the Sign of the Cross at the White House yesterday.

It was an open mockery of the Christian prayer that is accompanied by the immortal words used by peasants and kings over the centuries: “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit”.

Obama, who is left-handed, made the sign of the cross with his left hand, which out of respect for the centuries-long Christian practice, no one ever does.

Obama’s left-handed sign of the cross was made over a gobbling turkey during the National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation Ceremony, that takes place at the White House every year shortly before Thanksgiving, having been resurrected by George H.W. Bush in 1989.

Obama departed from the usual “presidential pardon” granting the turkey a “special dispensation” in words as he twice made his left-handed Sign of the Cross.

There were lots of giggles from the two Obama daughters and lots of gobbling from the turkey recorded during the ceremony now on YouTube.

Clearly using his left hand for all to see, Obama made the Sign of the Cross backwards.

Video:
Obama absolves Thanksgiving turkey with the Sign of the Cross - YouTube

[excerpt]

Read more:

The far right wing in America is becoming more and more desperate in their efforts to discredit the elected POTUS. Notice how the idiot fringe on the far right post crap such as this thread daily; I guess they actually believe the other 98% of Americans - the non-idiot fringe - care not which hand the president used in the turkey commutation.

oh cry us a riva, like we never saw you on the left post about people horses, car elevators, dogs on roofs, divorces, a woman Vice Presidential candidate supposedly sleeps with a black man... blaa blaaa blaa
If anything it's you on the left who has the market on PETTY and will do anything to destroy a person

Last edited:
yes i would.

all religions that include myths are not good for mankind

Except yours -- right?

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Hail Barry, full of grace.
Our vote is with thee.
Blessed art thou among progressives,
and blessed is the fruit of thy pen,
Regulation.
Holy Barry, Brother of Yourself,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our audit.
Amen.

This is PRICELESS

I for one am delighted to see that in little more than a month,

Wehrwolfen has been able to win the position of intellectual leader of the USMB right.

Last edited:
yes i would.

all religions that include myths are not good for mankind

Except yours -- right?

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Our vote is with thee.
Regulation.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

This is PRICELESS

Yep. It ain't worth shit.

November 22, 2012

‘Father Barack Obama‘ mocked the Sign of the Cross at the White House yesterday.

It was an open mockery of the Christian prayer that is accompanied by the immortal words used by peasants and kings over the centuries: “In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit”.

Obama, who is left-handed, made the sign of the cross with his left hand, which out of respect for the centuries-long Christian practice, no one ever does.

Obama’s left-handed sign of the cross was made over a gobbling turkey during the National Thanksgiving Turkey Presentation Ceremony, that takes place at the White House every year shortly before Thanksgiving, having been resurrected by George H.W. Bush in 1989.

Obama departed from the usual “presidential pardon” granting the turkey a “special dispensation” in words as he twice made his left-handed Sign of the Cross.

There were lots of giggles from the two Obama daughters and lots of gobbling from the turkey recorded during the ceremony now on YouTube.

Clearly using his left hand for all to see, Obama made the Sign of the Cross backwards.

[excerpt]

Read more:

First of all the sign of the cross is not a "Christian" thing it is a Catholic thing. As far as I know Obama isn't Catholic so why he would be making the sign of the cross apparently is to play to the religious which should really piss off the left but apparently they don't care because they know he is pretending. Second of all that isn't what I see Obama doing. He is making a sign that a priest would as he passes on a blessing.

In my opinion this is nothing about nothing. There is plenty wrong with the Obama administration this is nothing. In my opinion.

I concur. Do I think he cares if he pisses off Catholics? No, that has been obvious with his false dealing with the bishops. At the same time, over 50% of Catholics voted for his re-election.

Making anything out of small issues like this, consume the oxygen on serious issues. How Obamacare is going to lead to higher unemployment; more folks being thrown into part-time work and out of full-time work; more people having multiple jobs at the same time but making less income and without health insurance. How the over 100k businesses with less than 50 employees, will likely never grow themselves over 50.

In the meantime so many try to focus on turkeys, birth certificates, and cigarettes.

It's precisely because of stupid, nit-picky claims by the oblivious religious right that I thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that this country is not under theocratic rule. This country would be as fucked up as Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia in terms of civil rights if it was.

Except yours -- right?

The Government's Prayer

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
Forever and ever.
Amen.

Our vote is with thee.
Regulation.
pray for us sinners,
Amen.

This is PRICELESS

Yep. It ain't worth shit.
Feeling your toes stepped on? :lol:

Just another example of the POTUS' ignorance.

If he doesn't know, he shouldn't do or say.

And, for him, that covers a shitload of stuff.

It's precisely because of stupid, nit-picky claims by the oblivious religious right that I thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that this country is not under theocratic rule. This country would be as fucked up as Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia in terms of civil rights if it was.

Gotta spread it....IOU SF!

Regards from Rosie

Just another example of the POTUS' ignorance.

If he doesn't know, he shouldn't do or say.

And, for him, that covers a shitload of stuff.

Seriously? The satirical pardoning of a Thanksgiving turkey has a strict inviolable protocol that no man must ignore?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7tSWrEDoec]Robot Chicken: Deadly Turkey - YouTube[/ame]

obama was posturing, making fun of religion so as to pander to the atheist left. Wasn't he just oh too cute when he did that? It was good for a laugh.

November 22, 2012

Would you really expect a student of Black Liberation Theology to know the difference?

What difference does it make? You're the one making a mockery of Christianity. You'd have us go back to the Middle Ages with the fundamentalist Muslims. Prejudice against the left hand has no place in modern society.

LOL
prejudice against the left hand
good grief

Then what's your beef with the way he did it? He's left-handed. It's only natural that he'd do it that way.

No, it's not.

Forum List

Back