Barack Obama seemed different, but he's just another money-grubbing politician

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Et tu, Barack? That was my reaction when I heard the news that former US President Barack Obama has agreed to a speaking gig on Wall Street for which he will be paid $US400,000 ($535,000).

Not bad coin in anyone's language. It's twice what Bill Clinton commanded when he went on the post-presidential speaking circuit. It's in addition to the $US200,000 annual pension, plus lifetime free healthcare Obama gets for having been President. It's on top of the $US65 million he and wife Michelle are reported to have negotiated for their book deal with Penguin Random House

Et tu, Barack? That was my reaction when I heard the news that former US President Barack Obama has agreed to a speaking gig on Wall Street for which he will be paid $US400,000 ($535,000).

Not bad coin in anyone's language. It's twice what Bill Clinton commanded when he went on the post-presidential speaking circuit. It's in addition to the $US200,000 annual pension, plus lifetime free healthcare Obama gets for having been President. It's on top of the $US65 million he and wife Michelle are reported to have negotiated for their book deal with Penguin Random House

Ex-politician.

I didn't know anyone President or not got that much money for a speech,what others also get this type of money?

Bullshit Berry.

At no point did you have anything positive to say about Obama and you never will.

Obama did his time, he is out of office and if someone wants to pay him 400k for a speech then good on him. He, or anyone else would be insane to turn that down.

Forum List

Back