Barack Obama: 'by every metric, economy is better' - False

Economy is better? Better than what?

Better than when we were losing 700,000 jobs a month? Better than when we had five quarters negative GDP?, Better than when housing crashed and the market dropped 7000 points? Better than when the banks were folding?

Yea.....looks better to me
The economy isnt better today than it was the day Obama took office, for most people. I guess its better for the welfare class of cheats like you.
You are correct.....I am much better financially under Obama than I was under Bush

Higher pay, Retirement fund has tripled, real estate worth more,bought a second house under Obama
Sure. Kewl story, bro.
Meanwhile the average American is struggling with stagnant wages and increasing costs for things like health insurance and food.
Growth under Bush was far better than it has been under Obama.

I think Elizabeth Warren said it best:
"We got into this hole because of $1 trillion spent on tax cuts for the rich under George W. Bush. We got into this mess because of the $2 trillion spent on two wars that were put on the credit card for our children and grandchildren to pay off. And we got into this hole because of $1 trillion Republicans spent on a Medicare drug program that was not paid for and was 40% more expensive than it needed to be because it was a giveaway to the drug companies. So part of the way you fix this problem is 'don't do those things.'!"

Last edited:
Economy is better? Better than what?

Better than when we were losing 700,000 jobs a month? Better than when we had five quarters negative GDP?, Better than when housing crashed and the market dropped 7000 points? Better than when the banks were folding?

Yea.....looks better to me
The economy isnt better today than it was the day Obama took office, for most people. I guess its better for the welfare class of cheats like you.
You are correct.....I am much better financially under Obama than I was under Bush

Higher pay, Retirement fund has tripled, real estate worth more,bought a second house under Obama
Sure. Kewl story, bro.
Meanwhile the average American is struggling with stagnant wages and increasing costs for things like health insurance and food.
Growth under Bush was far better than it has been under Obama.

I think Elizabeth Warren said it best:
"We got into this hole because of $1 trillion spent on tax cuts for the rich under George W. Bush We got into this mess because of the $2 trillion spent on two wars that were put on the credit card for our children and grandchildren to pay off. And we got into this hole because of $1 trillion Republicans spent on a Medicare drug program that was not paid for and was 40% more expensive than it needed to be because it was a giveaway to the drug companies. So part of the way you fix this problem is 'don't do those things.'!"

Amazing how all that GOP spending is a problem but since Democrats had control of things spending went up at a higher rate than at any time in our history. Gee, do as I say...not as I do?

The Obama recovery is the worst recovery on record. Average growth about 2%, compared with Reagan's 6%. Even GW Bush's economy performed better than Obama's.
Those are simple facts, ones the Left will try to shout down.

I guess you forgot that Bush basically handed Obama the keys to a burning house. We came within inches of a financial calamity almost worse than the great depression and Republicans think Rome can be rebuilt in a day. Why is it that Republicans expect Obama to clean up the mess they made in less time than they took to fuck it up in the first place?

Ah, it's been almost seven YEARS, Sparky! Barack Obama has led the worst recovery from a recession in modern recorded American history.

Tell me what Barack Obama's economic plan has been to fix the economy for the past five years and I'll give you a cookie. The truth is that he hasn't had one since Larry Summers quit. I'll bet you any amount of money that you don't have the faintest idea who Barack Obama's Chief Economic Adviser is right now without having to Google it. You know WHY you don't know that despite the economy being the number one concern of Americans since Obama took office? It's because Barry gave up even trying to fix the economy a long time ago. He gives the issue lip service with calls for infrastructure spending but that's about it. He hasn't had a visible plan to stimulate the economy in years. We do Quantitative Easing to pump up the stock market and that's it.

Yes and as I told Rabbi, it took 8 years to create this mess so no one should expect miracles in anything less than the time it took to create. Things are improving and Obama has 15 months to go. Feel welcome to join the banquet of crow at the end of his term.

The Obama recovery is the worst recovery on record. Average growth about 2%, compared with Reagan's 6%. Even GW Bush's economy performed better than Obama's.

I guess you forgot that Bush basically handed Obama the keys to a burning house. We came within inches of a financial calamity almost worse than the great depression and Republicans think Rome can be rebuilt in a day. Why is it that Republicans expect Obama to clean up the mess they made in less time than they took to fuck it up in the first place?

Ah, it's been almost seven YEARS, Sparky! Barack Obama has led the worst recovery from a recession in modern recorded American history.

Tell me what Barack Obama's economic plan has been to fix the economy for the past five years and I'll give you a cookie. The truth is that he hasn't had one since Larry Summers quit. I'll bet you any amount of money that you don't have the faintest idea who Barack Obama's Chief Economic Adviser is right now without having to Google it. You know WHY you don't know that despite the economy being the number one concern of Americans since Obama took office? It's because Barry gave up even trying to fix the economy a long time ago. He gives the issue lip service with calls for infrastructure spending but that's about it. He hasn't had a visible plan to stimulate the economy in years. We do Quantitative Easing to pump up the stock market and that's it.

Yes and as I told Rabbi, it took 8 years to create this mess so no one should expect miracles in anything less than the time it took to create. Things are improving and Obama has 15 months to go. Feel welcome to join the banquet of crow at the end of his term.

Since the true costs of the Affordable Care Act will be apparent at about the same time as Barry exits stage right, I have no problem in stating right now that very little will be changing in the next 15 months.

I notice that you wouldn't take up my challenge to name Obama's Chief Economic Adviser. The guy could do one of those American Express ads where he looks at the camera and says: "I'm supposed to the person with a plan for the biggest economy on the planet but nobody knows who I am. That's why I carry American Express!"

If you took out the jobs caused by oil and natural gas exploration done against the wishes of the Obama Administration and the stock market rebound caused by trillions of dollars pumped into the economy with QE, the numbers for this Administration would be absolutely awful.

If you took out the jobs caused by oil and natural gas exploration done against the wishes of the Obama Administration and the stock market rebound caused by trillions of dollars pumped into the economy with QE, the numbers for this Administration would be absolutely awful.

It isn't, so we needn't visit Fantasyland to affirm your point.

As for how long an economic rebound normally takes? If you studied the topic, you'd know that sharp economic downturns are historically followed by steep economic recoveries. The only President who created the same tepid recovery as Barry is FDR.

Since the true costs of the Affordable Care Act will be apparent at about the same time as Barry exits stage right, I have no problem in stating right now that very little will be changing in the next 15 months.

I notice that you wouldn't take up my challenge to name Obama's Chief Economic Adviser. The guy could do one of those American Express ads where he looks at the camera and says: "I'm supposed to the person with a plan for the biggest economy on the planet but nobody knows who I am. That's why I carry American Express!"

You can raise holy hell if you are correct and so disposed in 15 months. Until then, much remains to be seen and others are much more confident than you are.

It's "Fantasyland" for someone to point out that much of the economic recovery we HAVE had is due to much lower prices on oil and natural gas due to exploration that this Administration was against? Or I'm "imagining" things when I point out that the stock market has rebounded because of nonstop QE and that every time the Fed threatens to raise interest rates Wall Street goes into a free fall?

You can raise holy hell if you are correct and so disposed in 15 months. Until then, much remains to be seen and others are much more confident than you are.

Anyone who is "confident" that the ACA isn't going to cost taxpayers FAR more than advertised when it was sold by this Administration is naive beyond belief. They lied to the American people when they rammed the ACA through, Nuhuh...they knew that the numbers were bullshit and they didn't care. When the true cost of the ACA becomes apparent it's going to come as a shock to millions of Americans...one of which apparently will be you.

It's "Fantasyland" for someone to point out that much of the economic recovery we HAVE had is due to much lower prices on oil and natural gas due to exploration that this Administration was against? Or I'm "imagining" things when I point out that the stock market has rebounded because of nonstop QE and that every time the Fed threatens to raise interest rates Wall Street goes into a free fall?

It's Fantasyland to point out things that "might" have had an effect. The lowering cost of oil can also be attributed to conditions in the Middle East and Wall Street is doing well regardless of QE arguments.

Anyone who is "confident" that the ACA isn't going to cost taxpayers FAR more than advertised when it was sold by this Administration is naive beyond belief. They lied to the American people when they rammed the ACA through, Nuhuh...they knew that the numbers were bullshit and they didn't care. When the true cost of the ACA becomes apparent it's going to come as a shock to millions of Americans...one of which apparently will be you.

And what does that mean precisely? I suggest it means that Congress will either have to fix things that are wrong with it or continue to use it as a weight around the presidents neck to harangue him with. At which point it becomes your problem if you still control congress.

And what does that mean precisely? I suggest it means that Congress will either have to fix things that are wrong with it or continue to use it as a weight around the presidents neck to harangue him with. At which point it becomes your problem if you still control congress.
This Congress has attempted many fixes. But they cant do anything with a president who says no to everything they do.

With all due respect...I suggest that this will be a weight around the necks of the Democrats who voted for something without knowing what was in it. The way they set this whole scam up was to push as far down the road as possible the real costs of the ACA. That will never be Barry's problem to deal with...just as he won't be around to deal with the problem of Iran having a nuke.

This Congress has attempted many fixes. But they cant do anything with a president who says no to everything they do.

This Congress has only voted to repeal the ACA 60 times. Imagine how efficient it would be if those votes were toward actually fixing it.

The theory among you Progressives was that if we passed a massive entitlement program and got enough people signed up for it before the real costs became apparent then it would be politically toxic for the other side to cut the program. If you think that's going to be good for the country then I think you're a fool.

This Congress has only voted to repeal the ACA 60 times. Imagine how efficient it would be if those votes were toward actually fixing it.

OK...what would you do to "fix" the ACA?

With all due respect...I suggest that this will be a weight around the necks of the Democrats who voted for something without knowing what was in it. The way they set this whole scam up was to push as far down the road as possible the real costs of the ACA. That will never be Barry's problem to deal with...just as he won't be around to deal with the problem of Iran having a nuke.

Well some of us know that the old "did not know what was in it" is an old canard. Barack Obama will not have to deal with you are correct, but only because short minded yahoos want to deprive him of a legacy. I think its sad that it is more important for some in Congress to deliver a rebuke than it is to deliver a fix. This is about all Americans and I wish that some could remember that when they sit at their desks in Congress.

OK...what would you do to "fix" the ACA?

I'm not a health care professional, for me to offer a "fix" would be possibly incorrect and costly. I'll leave that to the professionals who can express proper fixes far better than you or me.

Well some of us know that the old "did not know what was in it" is an old canard. Barack Obama will not have to deal with you are correct, but only because short minded yahoos want to deprive him of a legacy. I think its sad that it is more important for some in Congress to deliver a rebuke than it is to deliver a fix. This is about all Americans and I wish that some could remember that when they sit at their desks in Congress.
So do you think ACA is broken and dysfunctional or not? Has it delivered on its promise to lower insurance rates and provide universal coverage or not?

Forum List

Back