Bannon subpoena -- That "nothing burger" may have some beef, after all.....

In the next 4 days, there will be testimony given (some voluntary and some under a bit of arm twisting) by BANNON, LEWANDOWSKI, and HICKS.

Spin it any way you want, but the investigation is dwelling pretty damn close to that oval office desk.

We've already had 2 convictions and 2 indictments (which pretty much mean sure convictions.)

We'll soon see if there is any of that "beef" that right wingers claim does not exist......

In the midst of all the daily other crap spewed by this administration, the investigation keeps on rolling along.
More 'You just wait and see' bullshit from the Left, who, after a year, can not even prove a crime was committed warranting an investigation.

I bet if Congress informed Mueller and his Counsel members this morning they would have to pay the tab on this witch hunt should they fail to find any evidence against Trump the investigation would end by close of business today.

One year and you are whining? Mueller still had six to go to match Starr.

I cannot really picture you being near as upset about the 7 years and 80 million spent to find out Clinton was getting kinky in the Oval Office

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

By this time frame, Starr had put how many Clinton cronies behind bars?

Mueller has none.

In the next 4 days, there will be testimony given (some voluntary and some under a bit of arm twisting) by BANNON, LEWANDOWSKI, and HICKS.

Spin it any way you want, but the investigation is dwelling pretty damn close to that oval office desk.

We've already had 2 convictions and 2 indictments (which pretty much mean sure convictions.)

We'll soon see if there is any of that "beef" that right wingers claim does not exist......

In the midst of all the daily other crap spewed by this administration, the investigation keeps on rolling along.
More 'You just wait and see' bullshit from the Left, who, after a year, can not even prove a crime was committed warranting an investigation.

I bet if Congress informed Mueller and his Counsel members this morning they would have to pay the tab on this witch hunt should they fail to find any evidence against Trump the investigation would end by close of business today.

I cannot really picture you being near as upset about the 7 years and 80 million spent to find out Clinton was getting kinky in the Oval Office

Mueller has none.

you tell me, how many people had been tried and convicted less than one year into the Starr investigation. I think the answer is none, but I could be mistaken.

That is the lie Democrats continue to tell themselves, that it was about his infidelity and not his Contempt of Court for which he was stripped of his license to practice law in Ak.

Why would he practice law in Alaska?

Arkansas is "AR".

Mueller has none.

you tell me, how many people had been tried and convicted less than one year into the Starr investigation. I think the answer is none, but I could be mistaken.

He's got two who pleaded guilty already. What is he waiting for?

That is the lie Democrats continue to tell themselves, that it was about his infidelity and not his Contempt of Court for which he was stripped of his license to practice law in Ak.

Why would he practice law in Alaska?

Arkansas is "AR".

Russians don't know the difference

Very interesting development.

WASHINGTON — Stephen K. Bannon, President Trump’s former chief strategist, was subpoenaed last week by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, to testify before a grand jury as part of the investigation into possible links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter.
Bannon Is Subpoenaed in Mueller’s Russia Investigation

Today the House Intelligence committee has Steve Bannon front and center. We may get some leaks out of that. Be assured it will not be reported on FOX NEWS.

Under direct testimony--we might get a lot out of Steve Bannon. Like why did he say--this is all about the "money laundering."
Lately Trump and Bannon have been eating each other--
lmfao.gif
Friends no more. It was Steve Bannon who turned Trump into the Angry White Guy President. According to Michael Wolff's book "Fire & Fury." Now that Bannon has been fired from the White House & been fired from Brietbart.com, and been called crazy by Trump, & attacked by Trump's family--(Donald Trump jr.) and is now living out in the gutter somewhere, he could actually be seeking a little retribution.

Bannon-and-Trump.png

Trump has this nasty habit of firing people that know a little too much about him. Michael Flynn who has worked out a plea deal with Robert Mueller, and now Steve Bannon.

And of course former FBI director James Comey.

The subpoena could be a negotiating tactic. Mr. Mueller is likely to allow Mr. Bannon to forgo the grand jury appearance if he agrees to instead be questioned by investigators in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices about ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia and about the president’s conduct in office, according to the person, who would not be named discussing the case

From your link.

Another unnamed source!

Fake news.

Mueller has none.

why are you in such a rush? Watergate took two years. Kenny boy Starr took at least two years on his investigation just to end up with a blue dress. relax

Mueller has none.

why are you in such a rush? Watergate took two years. Kenny boy Starr took at least two years on his investigation just to end up with a blue dress. relax

How many people back then were obstructing justice by refusing to testify?

So far, all I have seen is complete cooperation in serving up nothing burgers to Mueller while showing his team to be partisan hacks in the tank for Hillary.

"Top GOP lawmaker on House Russia probe, @ConawayTX11, says committee has RECESSED Bannon hearing. Subpoena still in effect. Says Bannon refused to answer Qs even under subpoena."

Collusion turned into obstruction which has now morphed into money laundering. Democrats are searching for a crime. They are finding crimes. Crimes by democrats.

Just heard on my local news that Steve Bannon testified at the House Intelligence committee today, and that this is the FIRST time Mueller has subpoenaed anyone to testify in front of the Grand Jury.

Something is boiling here.

Just for clarification, my friend......

Bannon REFUSED to testify before the House I.C. claiming that a gag order (not executive privilege, at least yet) had been placed on him from the WH.

His refusal prompted yet ANOTHER subpoena to be issued by the House I.C.

There must be a lot of nervous chatter going on between Bannon and his trusty legal team members...............Does Bannon protect the WH or his own fat ass?

Bear in mind that in front of a grand jury, Bannon is without his "mouthpieces" and if brought before a judge for refusing to answer the House I.C., things could be REALLY interesting.

Beef is right. You can't refuse to answer questions in front of a grand jury except invoking 5th amendment privilege protecting yourself from incrimination. You can't use it to protect anybody else.

Things just got more interesting.

Mueller has none.

You can be "forgiven" for your ignorance because you're a well-known idiot on this forum......But, out of the kindness that I show toward right wing morons, I will provide you with a hint.....Ken Starr was appointed by Janet Reno in August 1994.....take it from there.....

Also, know that Starr has apologized to the Clintons.....AND, that Mueller has basically CONVICTED 4 Trump acolytes........2 by their own admission and another 2 are currently indicted with ZERO chances of being found innocent after a trial (which, if they want to same some bucks, they should wave and just plead guilty.)

The investigation into Nixon started off with a real crime. The burglary actually happened. In Trump's case there is a wishful thinking crime. Now they will find something.

Right........So,you and the rest of the Trump cult members have NO worries....
So, go on and have another drink, Tipsy.......LOL

Beef is right. You can't refuse to answer questions in front of a grand jury except invoking 5th amendment privilege protecting yourself from incrimination. You can't use it to protect anybody else.

Things just got more interesting.

For an administration (and the Trump cult members on here) that claim that there is a NOTHING BURGER.........there an awful lot of refusals to testify by the rats who have jumped the Trump ship.....

If Bannon refuses to testify in front of a grand jury, the next step is to haul him in front of a judge.

Just heard on my local news that Steve Bannon testified at the House Intelligence committee today, and that this is the FIRST time Mueller has subpoenaed anyone to testify in front of the Grand Jury.

Something is boiling here.

Just for clarification, my friend......

Bannon REFUSED to testify before the House I.C. claiming that a gag order (not executive privilege, at least yet) had been placed on him from the WH.

His refusal prompted yet ANOTHER subpoena to be issued by the House I.C.

There must be a lot of nervous chatter going on between Bannon and his trusty legal team members...............Does Bannon protect the WH or his own fat ass?

Bear in mind that in front of a grand jury, Bannon is without his "mouthpieces" and if brought before a judge for refusing to answer the House I.C., things could be REALLY interesting.

Probably the reason for the Grand Jury subpeona today also. When Bannon goes to the grand jury--he will not be able to claim executive privilege or anything else. He will be under oath and required to answer all questions, and you're right he cannot have a lawyer in attendance at the Grand Jury.

Very interesting in how a jury trial operates compared to a grand jury. They also use grand jury testimony--if they feel someone may lie during the jury trial. In that case they make them testify in front of a grand jury, then when they lie at the jury trial, they can pull up the testimony from the grand jury to show they're lying.

I really don't know why the house intelligence committee is bothering with Bannon anymore when he's got to show up in front of the Grand Jury anyway.

Last edited:
Probably the reason for the Grand Jury subpeona today also. When Bannon goes to the grand jury--he will not be able to claim executive privilege or anything else. He will be under oath and required to answer all questions, and you're right he cannot have a lawyer in attendance at the Grand Jury.

Very interesting in how a jury trial operates compared to a grand jury. They also use grand jury testimony--if they feel someone mwy lie during the jury trial. In that case they make them testify in front of a grand jury, then when they lie at the jury trial, they can pull up the testimony from the grand jury to show they're lying.

If there's one segment of workers that Trump has certainly created more jobs for.....it would have to be defense lawyers for his entire hapless entourage.

The right wing idiots on this thread REFUSE to admit that a REPUBLICAN DOJ, appointed a REPUBLICAN special counsel, to investigate a REPUBLICAN administration......Yet, these Trump cultists "conclude" that its all the democrats' fault for scaring the shit out of them.......Go figure......LOL

Forum List

Back