Bankers taunt OWS

You mean the market tanked and your 401k decreased in value. I wonder what could turn that around?

LOL

We have two IRA's and in fourth quarter 2008 I quickly moved everything to cash and then when it hovered at about 2000 points down got back in. I ended up after about a year making about 15%.

Yeah right. Another one claiming to be able to "time the market".

:lol::lol:

I believe it....not sure what advantage he would have to lie about it.

When we refinanced last, my wife was adamant that we not take an ARM (she is a real estate settlement attorney).
She expolained to me that it is her estimation that the real eststate market was going to take a major turn for the worse and the liklihood of being able to re-fi when the ARM teaser rate expired was slim at best.
She was correct.

Do your due diligence and you can not be overly hurt by the big bad evil people on wall street.

Means one thing...the OWS got their attention.

Don't they get it The upper 1% in this country have quadrupled their wealth in the last 15 years while average salaries have stagnated when adjusted for inflation. Add to that the government handing the banks a trillion dollars of taxpayer's money with no strings attached and not a banker missed a bonus. Add to that the 20,000,000 when those who are no longer looking are added to the unemployed. Add to that the 50,000,000 Americans with no health insurance. Add to that the fact that corporations own our politicians lock, stock and barrel through campaign contributions and high paid lobbyists.

This is phase one of a move which will ultimately have a permanant effect on politicians and tax structure in this country. Why do you think the approval rate of the congress is in single digits

If I was 15 years younger I would pack up my camping gear and join them. I retired 17 years ago and would have been able then. I remember my army days and I would have just imagined I was bivouacked.

Indeed it does.

No, it just means that hard working Americans are tired of supporting the likes of the OWS filth.

Correction...

it just means that hard working Americans are tired of supporting the likes of the anarchists that attached themselves to the OWS movement.

Bullshit

The first regular job my daddy ever had was on the WPA making a few dollars a week. He ended up as a supervisor in Oak Ridge, TN and provided for his family until they were all on their own. He had a 9th grade education but a work ethic which would compete with any prick at this forum. You people make my ass crave lemon juice

And back then you could support your family with one income.

Yep...mamas stayed home, did the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry, had a little vegetable garden and raised the kids. Daddy rode to work in a car with four other men and drove one day each week. Husbands mowed the lawn and trimmed the hedges on weekends. College was hard to come by but if a street smart person with common sense wanted to they could make a pretty good living without one. Nearly all men served in the military and very few women. Few could afford vacations every year and there usually were no savings. Most people figured they would eek by their old age on social security.

The unions came along and began to fix things so an average family could expect more. Fair wages, hospitaliation, a couple of weeks vacation with pay, sick leave, a meagar pension etc. Both parents began to work. The kids were sent to a nursery. The companies sold two cars instead of one, Nurseries sprang up all over the country.
The wealthy couldn't stand it. The very idea. Peons acting like somebody...peons getting ahead. Peon's kids thinking about going to college.

In the late 40's and 50's a corporate executive earned about 10-15 times what a carpenter earned. By the 1970's that multiplier had grown to 50 times. Last year an average CEO made about 550 times what an average worker earned.

In the last 15 years the rich have quadrupled their wealth while wages for everyone else have stagnated. Roll Over Beethoven.
Well said.

That's not what your party advocates, Mike. You know, and I know, that they would , if they could, extend confiscatory levels of taxation like you want right down to not just the Mega millionaires but to small business entrepreneurs, including retired ones like me. You would happily take from me the rewards of a lifetime of hard work and achievement, and give it to someone else, because you just flat hate anyone who isn't a Left-wing, Marxist redistributionist, and isn't a pacifist, and if they have achieved anything in life, you believe they must have stolen it from "working people". I have not cheated anyone. I have not "exploited" anyone, and I damn sure haven't "stolen" my wealth from anyone; not from you, not from your precious union thugs, not from "the poor". You have nothing to sell but an ideology of hate and envy. You would use the power of government to take form me, or anyone else who has achieved more than you think they "should", and give it to whoever you favor politically. You wonder why I consider people like you my mortal enemies? Do you really.? Well, if you wanted an enemy, you have made one, and I will do whatever I can to work against anything that helps you, or anyone like you. Don't like that? Then GO TO HELL!. Here's my answer-YOU want what I have, don't have government steal it for you-have the stones to come try take it yourself. You wouldn't have the guts to try, not even bare hands to bare hands, and I think you know that.

NO COMPROMISE, NO NEGOTIATING, NO SURRENDER, NO COOPERATION WITH THE LEFT, EVER! See you in hell, or on the field of battle!
For your record, like you I am retired, quite contentedly, and I neither need nor want anything from you.

You are Scrooge personified. A bitter, pathetic, selfish, ugly individual. I really do feel sorry for you. You should lay off the booze because it brings your pathology to the surface.

That's not what your party advocates, Mike. You know, and I know, that they would , if they could, extend confiscatory levels of taxation like you want right down to not just the Mega millionaires but to small business entrepreneurs, including retired ones like me. You would happily take from me the rewards of a lifetime of hard work and achievement, and give it to someone else, because you just flat hate anyone who isn't a Left-wing, Marxist redistributionist, and isn't a pacifist, and if they have achieved anything in life, you believe they must have stolen it from "working people". I have not cheated anyone. I have not "exploited" anyone, and I damn sure haven't "stolen" my wealth from anyone; not from you, not from your precious union thugs, not from "the poor". You have nothing to sell but an ideology of hate and envy. You would use the power of government to take form me, or anyone else who has achieved more than you think they "should", and give it to whoever you favor politically. You wonder why I consider people like you my mortal enemies? Do you really.? Well, if you wanted an enemy, you have made one, and I will do whatever I can to work against anything that helps you, or anyone like you. Don't like that? Then GO TO HELL!. Here's my answer-YOU want what I have, don't have government steal it for you-have the stones to come try take it yourself. You wouldn't have the guts to try, not even bare hands to bare hands, and I think you know that.

NO COMPROMISE, NO NEGOTIATING, NO SURRENDER, NO COOPERATION WITH THE LEFT, EVER! See you in hell, or on the field of battle!
For your record, like you I am retired, quite contentedly, and I neither need nor want anything from you.

You are Scrooge personified. A bitter, pathetic, selfish, ugly individual. I really do feel sorry for you. You should lay off the booze because it brings your pathology to the surface.

Seems the truth hit a nerve with you. :eusa_whistle:

No, you don't want anything for yourself, just your party's favored constituencies, whose vote you would like to buy with my wealth! Funny you should pick out that one comment, but calling me names does not address what I said about your political aims, now does it? Let's try again. It is your goal and that of your party of choice, to use taxation to take wealth from me and those like me, and play "Robin Hood" with it by redistributing it to those YOU think "deserve it more". That's the truth, isn't it? That's the main point of what I said; now, let's see you refute THAT, instead of making ad hominem remarks. I'll stipulate that personally, I AM mean, tough, and nasty...I learned that from the Left!

That is the American dream. What millions of kids in their 20s have found out is that if you hold up your end, work low paying jobs, go to college .....there are no jobs when you get out. You end up competing for that same minimum wage job

Look at the kids who did there part and joined the military. They did their 3-4 years, developed skills, went to college when they got out........still no jobs

Only about 2% of the jobs are minimum wage.
The smart people are competing for the other 98% of jobs.

The point is there are no jobs that would be considered careers or career paths

Jobs you can support a family on, jobs with benefits...

I hope you don't seriously believe that.
I work for a Fortune 500 company that is hiring people everyday.
I can't count how many people I know at the corporate office that started as simple cashiers and are now working in some sort salaried position. Had they taken your perspective 10-15-20 years ago that a cashier's pay wasn't enough to support a family nor was it a career path, then why are they managers/directors/VP's now?
In my previous job, I started as a simple warehouse worker making $8.00 an hour to pick up heavy objects. Again, I suppose you would think there was no career path there. I left as a manager with over 10 years of management experience.
You sound like the kind of person that LETS things happen to you rather than MAKING things happen.

Forum List

Back