Band disinvited from State Fair due to name

I went to see them back in the nineties after they just came out in Alabama. They did a song to close their show by David Allen Coe called "If that ain't country". The song has the N-word in in it. The lead singer sang it loud and proud and the crowd roared. There's no need for any of that shit but they embraced it.

The song also paints a pretty ugly picture about white people, white trash in particular.

And I call bullshit on your "witnessing" this. Any proof, twatwaddle?
Of course not, but it happened. He sang it right in front of a giant rebel flag to a house full of Alabama hillbillies. They loved it.

Buuuulllssshiiittt.

Libs are just so sensitive nowadays, they are delicate little flowers offended by anything.

Groups from my own day, like the Knights In Satan's Service, had names that people saw offensive, yet played large public venues all the time.

I wonder if people like this realize they're just fueling the fire.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

when they went after the flag in south carolina and said "we just want this one flag to be taken down" - to me the fight wasn't for the flag itself but all that would happen if they got their way. and we've certainly seen that unfold. dukes of hazard problems, sony taking confederate soldiers out of games, remove statues everywhere, rename schools, parks, streets and anyone who objects is racist and promotes slavery.

we've allowed them to be the ones to determine our entire history and when that happens, THIS is the result. they LOOK for things to ban so they can continue to show how "RIGHT" they are. and once you've let one thing go, you've given the nonsense credibility.

this isn't to say that things shouldn't change as we grow up and change also. they should. but those changes are to be determined by all of us, not a "morally right" part of us that is solely determined by those who oddly enough wind up "morally" right. we've made it trendy to be the victim and when that happens, people LOOK to be the victim so they can be cool also. hell look at smollet and the crap he pulled. people are FAKING being the victim cause we reward them as if they're heros.

so they push because they believe this to be their path to acceptance of sorts, i suppose. when you push back it also energizes their own stupidity and desire to be victimized. but the more people push into the land of stupid, the more people fall away from giving a shit.

and i think we've hit that time and people are going to stop coddling / rewarding "victims" and move on.

for now they're doing whatever they need to do to show the world how "victimized" they are. when we collectively say "that's nice, dear" like we do for children screaming LOOK AT ME as they jump in a swimming pool, they'll stop.
Yeah, just like many of us have been saying for a while.

They own our culture. We allowed them to infiltrate us and now we will get what we deserve for our passivity.

The only thing that will stop the run away train or monster is bloody conflict.

When they don't respond to facts or laugh at them and carry on with their lies and wickedness, the time for talk is done.

Long done. Unfortunately, we don't have enough people willing to fight for liberty and righteousness. Instead we allowed the wicked to convince us that evil is good and good is bad.

Only an act of God will save us from the inevitable.

I went to see them back in the nineties after they just came out in Alabama. They did a song to close their show by David Allen Coe called "If that ain't country". The song has the N-word in in it. The lead singer sang it loud and proud and the crowd roared. There's no need for any of that shit but they embraced it.

But we dont see rappers being banned for singing about "smacking their bitches, or cop killin'", etc.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

when they went after the flag in south carolina and said "we just want this one flag to be taken down" - to me the fight wasn't for the flag itself but all that would happen if they got their way. and we've certainly seen that unfold. dukes of hazard problems, sony taking confederate soldiers out of games, remove statues everywhere, rename schools, parks, streets and anyone who objects is racist and promotes slavery.

we've allowed them to be the ones to determine our entire history and when that happens, THIS is the result. they LOOK for things to ban so they can continue to show how "RIGHT" they are. and once you've let one thing go, you've given the nonsense credibility.

this isn't to say that things shouldn't change as we grow up and change also. they should. but those changes are to be determined by all of us, not a "morally right" part of us that is solely determined by those who oddly enough wind up "morally" right. we've made it trendy to be the victim and when that happens, people LOOK to be the victim so they can be cool also. hell look at smollet and the crap he pulled. people are FAKING being the victim cause we reward them as if they're heros.

so they push because they believe this to be their path to acceptance of sorts, i suppose. when you push back it also energizes their own stupidity and desire to be victimized. but the more people push into the land of stupid, the more people fall away from giving a shit.

and i think we've hit that time and people are going to stop coddling / rewarding "victims" and move on.

for now they're doing whatever they need to do to show the world how "victimized" they are. when we collectively say "that's nice, dear" like we do for children screaming LOOK AT ME as they jump in a swimming pool, they'll stop.

They own our culture. We allowed them to infiltrate us and now we will get what we deserve for our passivity.

When they don't respond to facts or laugh at them and carry on with their lies and wickedness, the time for talk is done.

Long done. Unfortunately, we don't have enough people willing to fight for liberty and righteousness. Instead we allowed the wicked to convince us that evil is good and good is bad.

unfortunately i do think we're headed in that direction. the left feels they have some moral monopoly and anyone not agreeing with them needs to go. period. you tell them to stop it or try to speak you mind, anti-fa comes out and is supported by many local governments in shutting down *free speech*.

why is that not just as offensive?

simply being allowed to be yourself only works for those who've got some history of social discontent it would seem and anyone else needs to back their privileged ass up.

they can either stop telling people how to live their lives or yea, it's gonna get a lot uglier than it is today.

But we dont see rappers being banned for singing about "smacking their bitches, or cop killin'", etc.
but we did see tiny jag drop out of a show that was charging white people twice the admission price.

people need to re-centralize and stop being the extreme asswhipe trying to tear up and divide the country even more.

It looks like some government ninnys at the State Department of Agriculture are trying to out-woke the wokiest.

Country Band "Confederate Railroad" Booted From Illinois State Fair Over Name

"The Illinois Department of Agriculture has removed Confederate Railroad from our 2019 Du Quoin State Fair Grandstand lineup," said State Fair Manager Josh Gross, adding "While every artist has a right to expression, we believe this decision is in the best interest of serving all the people in our state."

Since they are a government entity, they are held to greater scrutiny than say a private theater would be when making content based decisions on who can play at a given event.

To their credit, they are asking the other groups invited to play NOT to boycott the event.
Other groups should play Confederate RR songs during their sets.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

unfortunately i do think we're headed in that direction. the left feels they have some moral monopoly and anyone not agreeing with them needs to go. period. you tell them to stop it or try to speak you mind, anti-fa comes out and is supported by many local governments in shutting down *free speech*.

simply being allowed to be yourself only works for those who've got some history of social discontent it would seem and anyone else needs to back their privileged ass up.

they can either stop telling people how to live their lives or yea, it's gonna get a lot uglier than it is today.
Yes, and they are the worst types of hypocrites. They are pathologically hypocritical. They cannot even see it within themselves. They all think they are the voice of the world cause they are all insulated in their echo chambers. Hence, the reason they feel they can be so loud and proud about their view.

Just look at the example of their hypocrisy about how they blame Trump for causing the division. Acting as though they were always this rational voice of reason before Trump ran as a republican that did not know he was supposed to assume the role of a white punching bag. He is supposed to know that our country is illegitimate from its founding. He is supposed to know that the entire right are only white nazi fascists carrying on the crusade.

Since he decided that was not going to assume that position and hit back, all of a sudden he is the guy that caused ALL of the strife in politics today. That is what they are, and that is all they are. No exceptions. They have no voice of reason and if people cannot see that they are determined to overthrow our country then in my eyes those people are the enemy too.

I am sick of talking. That is what I know.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

we've allowed them to be the ones to determine our entire history and what our culture should be. when that happens, THIS is the result. they LOOK for things to ban so they can continue to show how "RIGHT" they are. and once you've let one thing go, you've given the nonsense credibility.

this isn't to say that things shouldn't change as we grow up and change also. they should. but those changes are to be determined by all of us, not a self-appointed "morally right" part of us that is solely determined by those who oddly enough wind up "morally" right. we've made it trendy to be the victim and when that happens, people LOOK to be the victim so they can be cool also. hell look at smollet and the crap he pulled. people are FAKING being the victim cause we reward them as if they're heros.

Well, given the incredible success they've had in punishing and intimidating people, you can't blame them for running with it.

They have Americans from coast to coast afraid to say the wrong thing (and of course, that can vary from situation to situation) for fear of "consequences". That's pretty powerful. That's cultural, and not easily eradicated.

As I always say, these people are not liberals.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

Yes, and they are the worst types of hypocrites. They are pathologically hypocritical. They cannot even see it within themselves. They all think they are the voice of the world cause they are all insulated in their echo chambers. Hence, the reason they feel they can be so loud and proud about their view.

Just look at the example of their hypocrisy about how they blame Trump for causing the division. Acting as though they were always this rational voice of reason before Trump ran as a republican that did not know he was supposed to assume the role of a white punching bag. He is supposed to know that our country is illegitimate from its founding. He is supposed to know that the entire right are only white nazi fascists carrying on the crusade.

Since he decided that was not going to assume that position and hit back, all of a sudden he is the guy that caused ALL of the strife in politics today. That is what they are, and that is all they are. No exceptions. They have no voice of reason and if people cannot see that they are determined to overthrow our country then in my eyes those people are the enemy too.

I am sick of talking. That is what I know.
our division is why trump won.

It looks like some government ninnys at the State Department of Agriculture are trying to out-woke the wokiest.

"The Illinois Department of Agriculture has removed Confederate Railroad from our 2019 Du Quoin State Fair Grandstand lineup," said State Fair Manager Josh Gross, adding "While every artist has a right to expression, we believe this decision is in the best interest of serving all the people in our state."

Since they are a government entity, they are held to greater scrutiny than say a private theater would be when making content based decisions on who can play at a given event.

To their credit, they are asking the other groups invited to play NOT to boycott the event.

More self-flagellation of the far Left politically correct. I can almost hear the slap of the cat-o'-nine-tails on flesh as the Illinois DOA thank the gods of postmodernism with every self-inflicted blow for their wisdom in banning this band. Whip it good!

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

we've allowed them to be the ones to determine our entire history and what our culture should be. when that happens, THIS is the result. they LOOK for things to ban so they can continue to show how "RIGHT" they are. and once you've let one thing go, you've given the nonsense credibility.

this isn't to say that things shouldn't change as we grow up and change also. they should. but those changes are to be determined by all of us, not a self-appointed "morally right" part of us that is solely determined by those who oddly enough wind up "morally" right. we've made it trendy to be the victim and when that happens, people LOOK to be the victim so they can be cool also. hell look at smollet and the crap he pulled. people are FAKING being the victim cause we reward them as if they're heros.

Well, given the incredible success they've had in punishing and intimidating people, you can't blame them for running with it.

They have Americans from coast to coast afraid to say the wrong thing (and of course, that can vary from situation to situation) for fear of "consequences". That's pretty powerful. That's cultural, and not easily eradicated.

and since giving them this leeway did instill a sense of "righteous power" in their minds, it's gonna get ugly when people stop giving them that illusion.

I never heard of them until the libstains crapped on them. GREAT BAND.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

and since giving them this leeway did instill a sense of "righteous power" in their minds, it's gonna get ugly when people stop giving them that illusion.
Yeah, that's the question. The problem is in the way the pushback is done.

If it's done with combat, things will only get worse. If it's done with reason, maybe some improvements can be made.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

If it's done with combat, things will only get worse. If it's done with reason, maybe some improvements can be made.
if those on the left doing this were reasonable to begin with, they'd never have taken it this far.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

if those on the left doing this were reasonable to begin with, they'd never have taken it this far.
Sure. The question is how to solve the problem.

Did he say NI@@ER as loud as every rapper says it in every song they sing?
Did he sing about killing cops, and raping bitches?
You do realize that NI@@ERS love being NI@@ERS....right?
They take great pride in their NI@@ERism....If one doesn’t act like a NI@@ER and doesn’t embrace his NI@@ERitus he is a sellout amongst his fellow NI@@ERS.
Are you one of those new age White Guilt Whackos?

they don't care.

Sure. The question is how to solve the problem.
oddly enough while i'm not a fan of how trump does things, he may be the perfect "child" to deal with those "children".

in any event, i think this epstein thing is going to shake things up and a lot of people will be playing hard to get at the prison dances soon. when that happens we'll see what's left and go from there.

Forum List

Back