Band disinvited from State Fair due to name

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
It looks like some government ninnys at the State Department of Agriculture are trying to out-woke the wokiest.

Country Band "Confederate Railroad" Booted From Illinois State Fair Over Name

"The Illinois Department of Agriculture has removed Confederate Railroad from our 2019 Du Quoin State Fair Grandstand lineup," said State Fair Manager Josh Gross, adding "While every artist has a right to expression, we believe this decision is in the best interest of serving all the people in our state."

Since they are a government entity, they are held to greater scrutiny than say a private theater would be when making content based decisions on who can play at a given event.

To their credit, they are asking the other groups invited to play NOT to boycott the event.

It looks like some government ninnys at the State Department of Agriculture are trying to out-woke the wokiest.

Country Band "Confederate Railroad" Booted From Illinois State Fair Over Name

"The Illinois Department of Agriculture has removed Confederate Railroad from our 2019 Du Quoin State Fair Grandstand lineup," said State Fair Manager Josh Gross, adding "While every artist has a right to expression, we believe this decision is in the best interest of serving all the people in our state."

Since they are a government entity, they are held to greater scrutiny than say a private theater would be when making content based decisions on who can play at a given event.

To their credit, they are asking the other groups invited to play NOT to boycott the event.

My state again embarrasses itself with a stupid decision

I canny wait to leave this state.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I wonder if people like this realize they're just fueling the fire.

Maybe they don't care.
they don't care.

when they went after the flag in south carolina and said "we just want this one flag to be taken down" - to me the fight wasn't for the flag itself but all that would happen if they got their way. and we've certainly seen that unfold. dukes of hazard problems, sony taking confederate soldiers out of games, remove statues everywhere, rename schools, parks, streets and anyone who objects is racist and promotes slavery.

we've allowed them to be the ones to determine our entire history and what our culture should be. when that happens, THIS is the result. they LOOK for things to ban so they can continue to show how "RIGHT" they are. and once you've let one thing go, you've given the nonsense credibility.

this isn't to say that things shouldn't change as we grow up and change also. they should. but those changes are to be determined by all of us, not a self-appointed "morally right" part of us that is solely determined by those who oddly enough wind up "morally" right. we've made it trendy to be the victim and when that happens, people LOOK to be the victim so they can be cool also. hell look at smollet and the crap he pulled. people are FAKING being the victim cause we reward them as if they're heros.

so they push because they believe this to be their path to acceptance of sorts, i suppose. when you push back it also energizes their own stupidity and desire to be victimized. but the more people push into the land of stupid, the more people fall away from giving a shit.

and i think we've hit that time and people are going to stop coddling / rewarding "victims" and move on.

for now they're doing whatever they need to do to show the world how "victimized" they are. when we collectively say "that's nice, dear" like we do for children screaming LOOK AT ME as they jump in a swimming pool, they'll stop.

Last edited:

Maybe they don't care.

The state government of Illinois is the most backward and corrupt in the nation. This is the state where the capital city passed a law that no building can be taller than the Capital building because they did not want to become like Indy or Chicago.

I went to see them back in the nineties after they just came out in Alabama. They did a song to close their show by David Allen Coe called "If that ain't country". The song has the N-word in in it. The lead singer sang it loud and proud and the crowd roared. There's no need for any of that shit but they embraced it.

Maybe they don't care.

The state government of Illinois is the most backward and corrupt in the nation. This is the state where the capital city passed a law that no building can be taller than the Capital building because they did not want to become like Indy or Chicago.

The real kicker is this is the State Fair for the lower part of the State, the one that relates more to Nashville and St. Louis than to Chicago.

More details in this article:

Confederate Railroad Gets Dixie Chick’d from Fair Because of Name

The band should change its name to......The Redneck Assholes

It would be less controversial

I went to see them back in the nineties after they just came out in Alabama. They did a song to close their show by David Allen Coe called "If that ain't country". The song has the N-word in in it. The lead singer sang it loud and proud and the crowd roared. There's no need for any of that shit but they embraced it.

The song also paints a pretty ugly picture about white people, white trash in particular.

And I call bullshit on your "witnessing" this. Any proof, twatwaddle?

Makes sense to me.....:113:

to me too---but they should have the opportunity to apply under a different name

Why should they have to change their name?

some people find it offensive

Some people can kiss my ass. Sorry, but why does society have to bow down to the most easily offended?

If you get the vapors over the word confederate, I suggest going the kevorkian route because evidently life is just to hard for you.

Maybe they don't care.

The real kicker is this is the State Fair for the lower part of the State, the one that relates more to Nashville and St. Louis than to Chicago.

More details in this article:

Confederate Railroad Gets Dixie Chick’d from Fair Because of Name

Yeah, it has been losing people from southern Illinois for a while. The Bond County fair is amazing and much closer than Springfield for the folks in the southern part of the state.

The song also paints a pretty ugly picture about white people, white trash in particular.

And I call bullshit on your "witnessing" this. Any proof, twatwaddle?
Of course not, but it happened. He sang it right in front of a giant rebel flag to a house full of Alabama hillbillies. They loved it.

Makes sense to me.....:113:

to me too---but they should have the opportunity to apply under a different name

Why should they have to change their name?

some people find it offensive
then don't go. some people may find it offensive they were removed from the show after they made plans TO SEE this band. how come they don't count in this "offensive workshop" you got going on? if i find their being total wuss-shits offensive, will they stop doing it or change their ways? if they don't have to, they don't either.

you're promised life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness. nothing says you'll get it and not a god damn thing in our constitution says you have a right to NOT be offended.

build a god damn bridge and get over it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back