Balt. Mayor Back on Job After Stealing from Poor Children

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Baltimore mayor back on job despite guilty verdict

(AP) – 13 hours ago

BALTIMORE — Baltimore Mayor Sheila Dixon has resumed her duties a day after a jury found her guilty of taking gift cards from a program meant to help the city's poor children.The city solicitor has said Dixon will remain on the job until the case comes to a legal conclusion.

Under state law, Dixon would be automatically suspended at sentencing for a conviction related to her public duties. She would be removed permanently if she loses all appeals, and the city council president would succeed her. But defense attorney Arnold Weiner says the verdict was based on testimony about actions that weren't part of Dixon's official duties.

The Associated Press: Baltimore mayor back on job despite guilty verdict

And the people of Baltimore will probably re-elect her. My - how low can our standards go?

I remember hearing about that.

What I can't figure out is how our civic responsibility and overall morality has declined to the point that someone can pilfer from needy kids and still have the nerve to go back to a public job without dying from embarassment. I guess she just doesn't see it as being 'that' wrong.

Vaguely, right?

A search of "Sheila Dixon" among ABC, CBS, and NBC news transcripts catalogued on Nexis from January 1, 2007 to December 2, 2009 yielded only three hits. None of the stories were about Dixon's trial, and one, an April 30, 2008 "Nightline" story on predatory mortgage lending, cast Dixon in a favorable light as a champion of citizens who have been exploited by mortgage lenders.

NewsBusters.org | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

Vaguely, right?

A search of "Sheila Dixon" among ABC, CBS, and NBC news transcripts catalogued on Nexis from January 1, 2007 to December 2, 2009 yielded only three hits. None of the stories were about Dixon's trial, and one, an April 30, 2008 "Nightline" story on predatory mortgage lending, cast Dixon in a favorable light as a champion of citizens who have been exploited by mortgage lenders.

NewsBusters.org | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

very vaguely. I think someone brought it up on the old MSN site and I read about it on the internet. is it just me or do other people think black politicians get treated with kid gloves when it comes to scandals and competence? I remember in the middle of the Katrina disaster, Nagin got big kudos in Time magazine for finding a working internet connection in his room! hahaha, someone plugged into a socket and a miracle happened!!! no story on why they didn't have a contingency plan or satellite phones though.

I guess she just doesn't see it as being 'that' wrong.

She's a politician. Nothing is that wrong unless she believes that expressing contrition will help her re-election chances.

Let us hope the racists don't realize she's black and make that an issue. The issue is the theft, not the thief's ethnicity.

Gee another crooked Democrat Mayor, whats new about that, DC re-elected theirs after a cocaine bust. I'm sure the Democrats will treat this one the same way. They do seem to love their Bad boys, and girls.

Good thing she wasn't a Rep. If so, the NYT would be running 8 foot front page lines for 69 weeks doncha know????

Gee another crooked Democrat Mayor, whats new about that, DC re-elected theirs after a cocaine bust. I'm sure the Democrats will treat this one the same way. They do seem to love their Bad boys, and girls.

Along with those pesky closet homosexual republicans(Larry Craig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), pedophiles(Radio Personality Pleads Guilty to Internet Luring - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver), receiving kickbacks(Former Treasurer Mark Paschall Indicted in Jeffco), funneling money to terrorists, wow(Abdul Tawala Ibn Ali Alishtari: New York Businessman Pleads Guilty To Terror Financing), extramarital affairs(Gingrich Had Affair During Clinton Probe - washingtonpost.com).

Unbelievable, I think we might all be human.

I remember hearing about that.

What I can't figure out is how our civic responsibility and overall morality has declined to the point that someone can pilfer from needy kids and still have the nerve to go back to a public job without dying from embarassment. I guess she just doesn't see it as being 'that' wrong.

Happens all the time, doesn't it?

Cindy McCain escaped prosecution for stealing/using drugs
The Arizona Republic, August 24, 1994 -- "Cindy McCain, the wife of U.S. Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona, admitted in a series of media interviews Monday that she became addicted to the painkillers Percocet and Vicodin. She said that she used the drugs from 1989 to 1992 and acknowledged that she had stolen some pills from the American Voluntary Medical Team, a charitable organization of which she is president . . . at one point, McCain, 40, was ingesting 15 to 20 pills a day . . . the normal dosage for seriously ill patients is 6 to 10 a day for a short period."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And part of the plea deal was that the Foundation was shut down, so not only did she escape any significant punishment, she caused poor people to lose a source of needed care and medications. Then she was held up as a "wonderful potential First Lady!"

Cindy McCain is not an elected official. Cindy McCain stole pills 17 years ago. Cindy McCain never stole from poor children. A google search for cindy mccain pills reveals "Results 1 - 10 of about 3,650,000 for cindy mccain pills."

This mayor is a despicable human being. I don't care if she goes to jail or not, but she should not be in charge of a city with a multi-billion dollar budget.

Cindy McCain is not an elected official. Cindy McCain stole pills 17 years ago. Cindy McCain never stole from poor children. A google search for cindy mccain pills reveals "Results 1 - 10 of about 3,650,000 for cindy mccain pills."

This mayor is a despicable human being. I don't care if she goes to jail or not, but she should not be in charge of a city with a multi-billion dollar budget.

What about my posts?

First Ladies are part of the Official Group. Really are part of the husband's candidacy..... her Foundation was a public trust, she sought donations......

As for "seven" pills, I think that is bullshit! What is your source? She was an addict for around two years which, in consideration of the number of days, really does add up to more than "seven pills."

In 1989, she lifted young Jimmy and ruptured a disc in her back, an injury that took several surgeries to fix. ... still in pain after surgery, she began taking more of the pain pills doctors had prescribed. Soon she was addicted, taking up to 20 Percocets and Vicodins a day.

Initially, her doctors simply refilled her prescriptions. But as her appetite for pills increased, she began stealing drugs from her own nonprofit, asking doctors who worked for the group to obtain the pills for her trips overseas. She worked hard to conceal her habit. If anyone saw her downing a pill, she said it was a vitamin. Her husband, away in Washington most of the time, suspected nothing.

Her mother was the first to notice something was wrong. Cindy looked terrible and had lost weight. "What's the matter with you?" she asked Cindy one night in 1992. http://www.newsweek.com/id/142650/

The charity, which sent volunteer doctors and nurses on overseas mercy missions, kept supplies of prescription drugs like Vicodin, Percoset and Tylenol 3 to support its charitable mission.

After a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) investigation, the doctor, John Max Johnson, lost his medical license and has never practiced medicine again. The publicity and controversy around the McCain case also led to the charity shutting down.

She did steal from poor children, because her actions caused a Foundation that served poor children to be shut down. She is a thief, like Dixon, and is also a druggy!

And stealing from the poor, a rich bitch like McCain, she is in exactly the same class as Dixon! SCUM!!!

Why are you deflecting?

The topic is the Baltimore mayor. Should she remain in office after being found guilty of stealing from poor children?

It was her OWN non-profit. She stole from herself. And she is not an elected official with access to billions of other peoples money.

Stay on topic please.

Why are you deflecting?

The topic is the Baltimore mayor. Should she remain in office after being found guilty of stealing from poor children?

She should not, but then, many of us are not hypocrites on the issue!

I just thought I would watch the hypocrites jiggle and jive and dance around, and they jumped right out there.....

MBs are also about entertainment, LOL......

Why are you deflecting?

She should not, but then, many of us are not hypocrites on the issue!

I just thought I would watch the hypocrites jiggle and jive and dance around, and they jumped right out there.....

MBs are also about entertainment, LOL......

If Cindy runs for an elected office you may have a point...

Until then it's just finger-pointing deflection...

Forum List

Back