Balancer is here

Why does stalin have such large support in russia?

He did a lot for the country. Maybe even more than anyone else in Russian history. Of course, the price of this was considerable. And many turned away from him after the first revelations after the collapse of the USSR. But the years have passed, it became obvious that very many of these exposures are incredibly exaggerated, many in general turned out to be lies. And people begin to re-evaluate the outcome of this person's work. Therefore it is not surprising that his popularity returned. And with a grow. Effect of the pendulum. If you accuse someone of many false things, then when the charge comes down, the guilty person seems even more honest than he really was.

I have a question for you Balancer
He's hot. He takes his shirt off and rides bareback (innuendo there). He's a nationalist and he's killing or imprisoning anyone he isn't popular with.

He did a lot for the country. Maybe even more than anyone else in Russian history. Of course, the price of this was considerable. And many turned away from him after the first revelations after the collapse of the USSR. But the years have passed, it became obvious that very many of these exposures are incredibly exaggerated, many in general turned out to be lies. And people begin to re-evaluate the outcome of this person's work. Therefore it is not surprising that his popularity returned. And with a grow. Effect of the pendulum. If you accuse someone of many false things, then when the charge comes down, the guilty person seems even more honest than he really was.
"the price of this was considerable" I have never heard an underestimation of this magnitude.

He's hot. He takes his shirt off and rides bareback (innuendo there). He's a nationalist and he's killing or imprisoning anyone he isn't popular with.
Stalin wasnt a "nationalist" until the war with germany. Before that, he was a leninist. Which is VERY "anti-nationalist".
"great patriots war" was a ruse to get all russians to fight..

"the price of this was considerable" I have never heard an underestimation of this magnitude.

But certainly familiar with the constant overestimate of this magnitude :)

However, there is little to argue about this meaning, it usually amounts to comparing official figures and documents against the literary creativity of Solzhenitsyn, Suvorov and other dissidents. And what to believe, literature or archives is already a personal matter for everyone :)

This is not a ruse. This is a translation inaccuracy :) To be more precise, WWII in Russian sounds like the "Great Fatherlands War". And the term "Fatherland" (Otechestvo) means the country of birth, regardless of nationality. Therefore, the name of the war bears the semantics of the general war of all the peoples of the USSR against a common enemy.

But certainly familiar with the constant overestimate of this magnitude :)

However, there is little to argue about this meaning, it usually amounts to comparing official figures and documents against the literary creativity of Solzhenitsyn, Suvorov and other dissidents. And what to believe, literature or archives is already a personal matter for everyone :)
But certainly familiar with the constant overestimate of this magnitude
Fair enough! I wont argue that a bit, my man.
Some stuff cant be argued, though. Like how the great famine was officially denied and people that went against that ended up dead. Hek, even mention of it would get you a few years in the gulag. Hek, didnt they end up officially denying the gulag too? Makes me think the rumors about it being on purpose were true. BUT, thats just MY opinion.

This is not a ruse. This is a translation inaccuracy :) To be more precise, WWII in Russian sounds like the "Great Fatherlands War". And the term "Fatherland" (Otechestvo) means the country of birth, regardless of nationality. Therefore, the name of the war bears the semantics of the general war of all the peoples of the USSR against a common enemy.
I didnt know that. Excellent!
However, my point went unchanged. He only tried to unite the people because of the war. Stalin was FAR from a "nationalist"

BUT, thats just MY opinion.

Ok, I will not argue, although I think it's a bit different :)
Obviously, i wasnt there. So all i have is history books. I feel like you werent there either. lol. Considering his support in your country, his actions are probably "downplayed" a bit. But i will admit that the info i have read could be "exaggerated" because people hated him so much.
Regardless of inaccuracies on either side, he is responsible for the deaths of millions of people. And thats horrible.

I feel like you werent there either. lol. Considering his support in your country, his actions are probably "downplayed" a bit.

I grew up among people whose youth was spent under Stalin :) My radial youth fell on the years of Perestroika and the collapse of the USSR. I greedily absorbed all those exposures, which then became widely available and my political views were formed under the influence of these exposures. But then the years have passed, and I tend to change my views if they do not correspond to the facts. So, over time, my attitude towards Stalin changed quite a lot :) I still do not adore him and I do not think that he has no blood on his hands. But I look at it with a sober glance, perceiving the whole story.

Stalin was FAR from a "nationalist"

Yes, Stalin could be for some a tyrant, an executioner for others, the father of a nation or a nation leader or even an effective manager, but he was never a nationalist. He oppressed all nations without any exptions

Stalin wasnt a "nationalist" until the war with germany. Before that, he was a leninist. Which is VERY "anti-nationalist".
Sorry, Too early in the morning, and I read "Putin." red face.

Lol i wondered where the "bareback" thing came from.
No shit, i thought to myself "is that a russian thing or something?" Lol

Is Putin a nationalist? :) This is after Russia introduced tough laws against extremism and many Russian nationalists were imprisoned as political prisoners? :D Now you can get a major penalty just for reposting some nationalistic material in the social network.

Russia is too multinational, so that it is possible to combine the strengthening of the country and the theme of nationalism. If the task is to strengthen the country - then you need to press nationalism. If you need to destroy the country - then you need to encourage nationalism. The Soviet Union in its time and destroyed.

In the US, this has no analogue, because in America there are no national states. As part of Russia, there are national republics. And the growth of nationalism will lead to their separation.

Is Putin a nationalist? :) This is after Russia introduced tough laws against extremism and many Russian nationalists were imprisoned as political prisoners? :D Now you can get a major penalty just for reposting some nationalistic material in the social network.

Russia is too multinational, so that it is possible to combine the strengthening of the country and the theme of nationalism. If the task is to strengthen the country - then you need to press nationalism. If you need to destroy the country - then you need to encourage nationalism. The Soviet Union in its time and destroyed.

In the US, this has no analogue, because in America there are no national states. As part of Russia, there are national republics. And the growth of nationalism will lead to their separation.
Wasnt the anti-nationalist Lenin the reason why the USSR broke up into so many countries in the early 20th century?

Wasnt the anti-nationalist Lenin the reason why the USSR broke up into so many countries in the early 20th century?

After the revolution, Russia lost some territory (for example, Finland), but not through Lenin's fault :)

The overthrow of the tsar was not the work of the Bolsheviks/Communists, the first revolution was bourgeois. Everyone after the collapse pulled the blanket to his side. For three years Russia waged a hard war. And as soon as the central power collapsed, the entire Russian empire began to crumble. If it were not for the communists to come to power during the second revolution, Russia could not remain.

But Lenin, precisely, managed to stop the collapse of the country, won the civil war, returned many republics that declared independence and created the USSR. For some territories that were annexed by neighbors or lost, he did not chase, because he believed that the world revolution was inevitable, and the borders with it would disappear.

After the revolution, Russia lost some territory (for example, Finland), but not through Lenin's fault :)

The overthrow of the tsar was not the work of the Bolsheviks/Communists, the first revolution was bourgeois. Everyone after the collapse pulled the blanket to his side. For three years Russia waged a hard war. And as soon as the central power collapsed, the entire Russian empire began to crumble. If it were not for the communists to come to power during the second revolution, Russia could not remain.

But Lenin, precisely, managed to stop the collapse of the country, won the civil war, returned many republics that declared independence and created the USSR. For some territories that were annexed by neighbors or lost, he did not chase, because he believed that the world revolution was inevitable, and the borders with it would disappear.
He issued something like a "declaration of the rights of the russian peoples" and many peoples declared independence because of it. Thats why Finland, Lithuania, Poland and a few others are their own countries now.

Forum List

Back