Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Couldn't queers just get their cakes somewhere else without the fascist charade....

Course they could

Couldn't them darkies just keep quit and eat in the back room instead of demanding to sit up at the counter, or just go somewhere else to eat?

Course they could have.......

Exactly, but bed wetters like you wrote a law that forces people to do shit they resent doing, and then you wonder why there's still animosity between people you've forced to behave in a manner you like.

Of course you see no problem with that.

I do not wonder why there is still racism throughout the nation.

I support the Civil Rights Act.

Couldn't queers just get their cakes somewhere else without the fascist charade....

Course they could

Couldn't them darkies just keep quit and eat in the back room instead of demanding to sit up at the counter, or just go somewhere else to eat?

Public businesses use public services, such is the law. Though what is termed "re-education" is actually explaining what PUBLIC means to this business, which no doubt wants police & fire protection, sanitary water, and all the other "goodies" the public provides. Gay citizens are taxed as part of the public, should gay Americans pay less taxes because of public businesses wherein they are refused service?

Course they could

The civil rights movement was about GOVERNMENT discrimination. Those lunch counters were designated as segregated by ordinance.

The over-reach was going further than removing said ordinances, and forcing comply with policies they didn't want to follow. Its understandable considering how fucked up the South was during Jim Crow, but it doesn't make it right.

Government should be color/sex/whatever blind, people shouldn't be forced to do the same.

Colorado state law bars discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in employment, housing and public accommodations.

Course they could

Public businesses use public services, such is the law. Though what is termed "re-education" is actually explaining what PUBLIC means to this business, which no doubt wants police & fire protection, sanitary water, and all the other "goodies" the public provides. Gay citizens are taxed as part of the public, should gay Americans pay less taxes because of public businesses wherein they are refused service?

Try that argument on the clubs in New York who discriminate on who can get through the doors.

Those public businesses pay taxes for the public services they use, just like the rest of us.

Look up the term 'free association" and try again. Free people are not required to associate with, or do business with anyone they do not desire to do business with.

Course they could

So because I walk down a sidewalk, The government can tell me how to think, how to live my life, and who I have to interact with?

Your definition of a public business is so vague and all encompassing that it covers everything. So basically the retort of progressives is "fuck you, think like we do"

Cute.

Try that argument on the clubs in New York who discriminate on who can get through the doors.

Those public businesses pay taxes for the public services they use, just like the rest of us.

Look up the term 'free association" and try again. Free people are not required to associate with, or do business with anyone they do not desire to do business with.

If the clubs are private, they are generally taxed at a different rate.

So because I walk down a sidewalk, The government can tell me how to think, how to live my life, and who I have to interact with?

Your definition of a public business is so vague and all encompassing that it covers everything. So basically the retort of progressives is "fuck you, think like we do"

Cute.

No, in your home, do as you please, run a public business, follow the law(.) And cakes are asexual by the way:lol:

Last edited:
The civil rights movement was about systemic racism - not JUST government racism.

Yes. and it was systemic because it was government endorsed, and followed by the state and even federal governments.

There is nothing wrong with making government neutral, there is all sorts of things wrong with giving a baker a choice of bake cakes for gay weddings, or go out of business.

Cute.

No, in your home, do as you please, run a public business, follow the law(.)

The law is idiotic. The law strips people of freedom all for a service that can be gotten elsewhere, from someone else, with no true damage to the party denied the service.

Its nothing but soft fascism, pure and simple.

The civil rights movement was about systemic racism - not JUST government racism.

Yes. and it was systemic because it was government endorsed, and followed by the state and even federal governments.

There is nothing wrong with making government neutral, there is all sorts of things wrong with giving a baker a choice of bake cakes for gay weddings, or go out of business.

Housing segregation and block busting had absolutely nothing to do with any type of government endorsement.

Housing segregation and block busting had absolutely nothing to do with any type of government endorsement.

It did when the government agents (police) would do nothing to protect the 'wrong" people who moved into a neighborhood. All our recent efforts aren't doing much either, because of the simple fact that people sometimes prefer to live around people like them.

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order
I believe he has a strong chance of getting that order overturned. No one should be forced to choose between his faith and his livelihood. Had he known that he would be forced to choose between the two, he would not have opened up the shop in 1993. It's not fair after 20 years in business to ask him now to renounce his faith.

Course they could

Blacks are born that way, homosexuals are not!

Can you support that with any scientific data or empirical evidence?

It did when the government agents (police) would do nothing to protect the 'wrong" people who moved into a neighborhood. All our recent efforts aren't doing much either, because of the simple fact that people sometimes prefer to live around people like them.

OK, so government wouldn't support minorities who were being discriminated against? That's bad, right?

I believe he has a strong chance of getting that order overturned. No one should be forced to choose between his faith and his livelihood. Had he known that he would be forced to choose between the two, he would not have opened up the shop in 1993. It's not fair after 20 years in business to ask him now to renounce his faith.

Renounce his faith? He was asked to bake a cake(.)

The issue has nothing to do with religious beliefs or civil rights. Those are red herrings. It has to do with defining public vs. private accommodations and easements.

however...continue on ....

Forum List

Back