Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order
I believe he has a strong chance of getting that order overturned. No one should be forced to choose between his faith and his livelihood. Had he known that he would be forced to choose between the two, he would not have opened up the shop in 1993. It's not fair after 20 years in business to ask him now to renounce his faith.

Renounce his faith? He was asked to bake a cake(.)

He was asked to decorate a cake for a gay wedding. He doesn't believe in gay marriage. He has the right to his religious beliefs.

The issue has nothing to do with religious beliefs or civil rights. Those are red herrings. It has to do with defining public vs. private accommodations and easements.

however...continue on ....

Yes, and public accomodations must be open to the public(.)

I believe he has a strong chance of getting that order overturned. No one should be forced to choose between his faith and his livelihood. Had he known that he would be forced to choose between the two, he would not have opened up the shop in 1993. It's not fair after 20 years in business to ask him now to renounce his faith.

I believe that the baker could have handled it in a way that would have kept this out of the courts.

Why not say something like:

"Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm flattered that you ask me to bake your cake. I'm sorry, but my religious beliefs would prevent me from giving it my very best effort. Don't you think you'd be happier with a baker who could be a wholehearted partner with you on your special day?"

I can't help but think being honest, respectful, and polite rarely gets you into trouble.

I believe that the baker could have handled it in a way that would have kept this out of the courts.

"Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm flattered that you ask me to bake your cake. I'm sorry, but my religious beliefs would prevent me from giving it my very best effort. Don't you think you'd be happier with a baker who could be a wholehearted partner with you on your special day?"

I can't help but think being honest, respectful, and polite rarely gets you into trouble.

That wouldn't have worked because he was deliberately targeted. This is what the queer mafia does. Wise up.

Makes sense also, along with baking the darned cake, and praying the customers will be saved.

He was asked to bake a cake for a gay wedding. According to his faith, homosexuality is a sin. He can't participate in or attend any gay themed event. That means no catering gay weddings or baking any gay wedding cakes. Doing so would be in violation of his faith, which is equivalent to abandoning his faith.

You can't maintain your faith if you don't follow it's teachings.

He was asked to bake a cake for a gay wedding. According to his faith, homosexuality is a sin. He can't participate in or attend any gay themed event. That means no catering gay weddings or baking any gay wedding cakes. Doing so would be in violation of his faith, which is equivalent to abandoning his faith.

The PC Police does not care.

Control. Intimidation. Submission.

That's it.

The issue has nothing to do with religious beliefs or civil rights. Those are red herrings. It has to do with defining public vs. private accommodations and easements.

I think the cake shop is a retail business serving the public. He offered to sell them a number of other baked goods, just not a "Wedding Cake".

I think the cake shop is a retail business serving the public. He offered to sell them a number of other baked goods, just not a "Wedding Cake".

It's like how black people could sit wherever they liked... as long as it wasn't in the white people section.

It's like how black people could sit wherever they liked... as long as it wasn't in the white people section.

No, it isn't. One is a civil rights issue and the other is a religious rights issue.

The queers evidently wanted a gay themed design because that's what caused the issue of religious rights to appear. They didn't want a regular wedding cake. They targeted the baker and wanted to force him to violate his religious beliefs.

No, it isn't. One is a civil rights issue and the other is a religious rights issue.

Actually in this case it's a freedom of speech issue. The baker can refuse to bake a cake with a gay rainbow on it, but he can't refuse to sell a cake because he doesn't like your type of people.

Couldn't them darkies just keep quit and eat in the back room instead of demanding to sit up at the counter, or just go somewhere else to eat?

Course they could have.......

Blacks are born that way, homosexuals are not!

Can you support that with any scientific data or empirical evidence?

Can you support that homosexuals are born that way? Has any scientist found the gay gene yet? Know why, there isn't one. It's a choice that people make.

Homosexuals are immoral people committing disgusting acts, who try to make people with morals accept that as morality.

What faith is that?

Sounds like a business opportunity for homosexuals in the cake business.

Instead of playing the perpetual, feminized, victim they adore.

Housing segregation and block busting had absolutely nothing to do with any type of government endorsement.

It did when the government agents (police) would do nothing to protect the 'wrong" people who moved into a neighborhood. All our recent efforts aren't doing much either, because of the simple fact that people sometimes prefer to live around people like them.

OK, so government wouldn't support minorities who were being discriminated against? That's bad, right?

Homosexuals are not a minority, they are just an organized group of immoral people.

Can you support that homosexuals are born that way? Has any scientist found the gay gene yet? Know why, there isn't one. It's a choice that people make.

Homosexuals are immoral people committing disgusting acts, who try to make people with morals accept that as morality.

Countries that you might enjoy living in:

81 Countries where Homosexuality is Illegal

I hear Somalia and Libya are nice this time of year :thup:

Yes, I get the fact that you have a lot of mean-spirited opinions. And, as I suspected, you have nothing to back them up other than frustration, hate, and bitterness. Now THERE is a faith worth upholding.

Jesus made it a point to hang out with some of the worst sinners of his day. That's how he ministered to them.

So you can hate and refuse to associate with people and call it your religious conviction if you want. Just don't call it Christianity.

Forum List

Back