Bad Week For The SEC

4 of the Top 15 teams lost this week. 3 to unranked opponents

The SEC beats itself far more often than it loses to teams outside the conference. Yes, 3 SEC teams lost to unranked teams. But those 3 unranked teams were also SEC teams.

Plus, we have 2 teams ranked in the top 10, including the #1 spot in the BCS Poll.

Thinks could be a LOT worse.

The SEC beats itself far more often than it loses to teams outside the conference. Yes, 3 SEC teams lost to unranked teams. But those 3 unranked teams were also SEC teams.

Plus, we have 2 teams ranked in the top 10, including the #1 spot in the BCS Poll.

yes I know how the media will spin it, but crappy SEC teams knocked off the supposedly top SEC teams. 2 top 10 teams are a mediocre Big 12 team :lol: and an unchallenged Saban team. How has Saban dominated the SEC so easily?

Last edited:

The SEC does not lose outside its conference because they play cream puffs outside their conference.

The SEC does not lose outside its conference because they play cream puffs outside their conference.

Yeah, its a shame that Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Clemson, VA Tech, Penn State, and Texas are such cream puffs. All of those teams were soundly beaten by Alabama in the last 5 years. Since the beginning of the 2009 season, Alabama has won 55 games and lost 5. All 5 losses were to SEC teams.

yes I know how the media will spin it, but crappy SEC teams knocked off the supposedly top SEC teams. 2 top 10 teams are a mediocre Big 12 team :lol: and an unchallenged Saban team. How has Saban dominated the SEC so easily?

He hasn't just dominated the SEC. He has destroyed every opponent outside the conference as well. Notre Dame was touted as a great team. Michigan was supposed to be as well. Texas was the #2 team in the nation when they played Alabama.

As does every top conference, look at Ohio St. they played Florida A&M, San Diego and Buffalo. Not exactly powerhouses or major conferences.

Tennessee at least played Oregon. Missouri played Indiana. Georgia played Clemson. Kentucky play Louisville. Alabama played Virginia Tech. Auburn took on PAC-12 Washington St. Ole Miss played Texas. LSU played TCU.

He hasn't just dominated the SEC. He has destroyed every opponent outside the conference as well. Notre Dame was touted as a great team. Michigan was supposed to be as well. Texas was the #2 team in the nation when they played Alabama.

Texas QB got hurt on the first play. They had to play a true freshman qb. So what's your point, beating a SEC team is no tougher than beating the Big Ten, Big 12?

Texas QB got hurt on the first play. They had to play a true freshman qb. So what's your point, beating a SEC team is no tougher than beating the Big Ten, Big 12?

The Texas QB lasted a bit longer than the first play, but yes it was their first offensive drive. Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game.

Any team is capable of being beaten. Overall, what makes the difference is talented players and quality coaching. Saban has proven himself quite capable of recruiting the former and is a master of the latter.

The Texas QB lasted a bit longer than the first play, but yes it was their first offensive drive. Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game.

Any team is capable of being beaten. Overall, what makes the difference is talented players and quality coaching. Saban has proven himself quite capable of recruiting the former and is a master of the latter.

I agree with SEC hires the best coaches( 9 of the top 25 highest paid coaches are SEC) but I disagree with talent.

Scout.com: Which College Conferences Produce The Most NFL Starters?

I agree with SEC hires the best coaches( 9 of the top 25 highest paid coaches are SEC) but I disagree with talent.

So then the SEC coaches are winning more national championships with less talent? Sounds like we spent our money well in paying for the best coaches.

So then the SEC coaches are winning more national championships with less talent? Sounds like we spent our money well in paying for the best coaches.

I wouldn't say less talent. What I think the good coaching does in the SEC is stock up on talent. Not better just more, you can go 3 or 4 deep in the SEC and not lose much talent.

Forum List

Back