Bad News - We Are No Longer "the Best of the Best"...

Alexandre Fedorovski

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
According to the IMD World Competitiveness ranking 2019 the United States ceded the title of the most competitive economy in the world to Singapore (https://www.imd.org/contentassets/6b85960f0d1b42a0a07ba59c49e828fb/one-year-change-vertical.pdf. ).

The main reasons for the fact that the United States went down to third place in the ranking of the most competitive economies in the world are rising fuel prices, the weakening of high-tech exports and fluctuations in the dollar.

Who is to blame? Will Trump be the scapegoat?

upload_2019-5-28_15-55-27.jpeg

Last edited:
According to the IMD World Competitiveness ranking 2019 the United States ceded the title of the most competitive economy in the world to Singapore.

The main reasons for the fact that the United States went down to third place in the ranking of the most competitive economies in the world are rising fuel prices, the weakening of high-tech exports and fluctuations in the dollar.

View attachment 262855

Well, Trump has taken credit for the economy, hasn't he?

According to the IMD World Competitiveness ranking 2019 the United States ceded the title of the most competitive economy in the world to Singapore.

View attachment 262855

Seems unlikely that fuel prices would be a factor, since fuel prices affect everyone. Especially Singapore, where everything has to be transported in and out of the country, using fuel..... right?

Fluctuating dollar also seems suspicious to me. When you say the dollar is fluctuating, that can only be relative to some other currency. But if our currency is fluctuating relative to another, that means the other currency is also fluctuating.

Domestically our inflation rate is pretty stable, and low. So I'm not seeing this as a problem.

Now weakening exports could be a problem. That is entirely possible. But the others sound like excuses to me.

View attachment 262855

Yes, he has... And we are enjoying the fruits of the Democratic party government's policy

upload_2019-5-28_16-9-49.jpeg

View attachment 262855

Yes, he has... And we are enjoying the fruits of the Democratic party government's policy

View attachment 262856

It's nice to read a comment based on common sense and knowledge, not empty emotions. Let's see what Basel 3 will give us - a "revolution that no one has noticed."..

https://www.stalkerzone.org/basel-3-a-revolution-that-once-again-no-one-noticed/

upload_2019-5-28_16-25-12.jpeg

According to the IMD World Competitiveness ranking 2019 the United States ceded the title of the most competitive economy in the world to Singapore (https://www.imd.org/contentassets/6b85960f0d1b42a0a07ba59c49e828fb/one-year-change-vertical.pdf. ).

View attachment 262855
I bet if we stopped trading with the rest of the world, their economies would be shit. Without US there is no other economy....

View attachment 262855
I bet if we stopped trading with the rest of the world, their economies would be shit. Without US there is no other economy....

Not exactly like that: it wouldhave been just another economy and another world, as the history of mankind shows. And believe me - we would have not even noticed the absence of the USA.
Einstein's theory of relativity confirms this.

View attachment 262855

View attachment 262856
I thought Trump cut taxes...

View attachment 262855

View attachment 262856
I didn't know he could read!

View attachment 262855
This sounds like a report someone made up-forget about it.

Who is the IMD world competitiveness center?
Oh, now I found it-
Run by
Dr. Peter A. Wuffli, Ph.D. serves as the Treasurer of the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce in Zurich. Dr. Wuffli is a Co-Founder and serves as Chairman of the Friends of the Swiss Liberal Party ..
And
Jean-François Manzoni is the President of IMD, where he also serves as the Nestlé Professor.
The Supervisory Board is looking forward to working with Manzoni as IMD's next President. With his impressive background, global mindset and leadership profile, he is well positioned to develop and implement an inspiring vision for IMD's future. Professor Manzoni currently holds the Shell Chair for Human Resources and Organizational Development at INSEAD in Singapore.
Home | INSEAD
Impact Investing, Soros-Style
Interesting that where he was working previously in Singapore, suddenly is #1

View attachment 262855

View attachment 262856

He is not a wizard. The results of his policy might enjoy the next administration. In macroeconomy any changes go slowly. What I really do not understand is how Mr. Trump is going to return industry back to the U.S. soil where expences on labor are much higher than overseas... America today is a deindustrialized country where "the engine of the economy is fed with saling of services and... money", as well as stock market speculation...

images

51TpHJKzsFL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 262855

View attachment 262856

He is not a wizard. The results of his policy might enjoy the next administration. In macroeconomy any changes go slowly. What I really do not understand is how Mr. Trump is going to return industry back to the U.S. soil where expences on labor are much higher than overseas... America today is a deindustrialized country where "the engine of the economy is fed with saling of services and... money", as well as stock market speculation...

images

My own opinion and it is simple-if a leader make his people feel good about something, things improve. When Trump fudges numbers and says best ever, it affects you positively. When Obama said manufacturing is gone, I felt depressed-factories are very important to me and others-we needed to be lifted up-not pushed down. Sometimes, attitude is everything.

View attachment 262855

View attachment 262856

images

My own opinion and it is simple-if a leader make his people feel good about something, things improve. When Trump fudges numbers and says best ever, it affects you positively. When Obama said manufacturing is gone, I felt depressed-factories are very important to me and others-we needed to be lifted up-not pushed down. Sometimes, attitude is everything.
Yeah, the super bowl champions dont raise up 3 fingers and say they are 3rd best....

View attachment 262855

View attachment 262856

images

Green and renewable energy production require equipment to be manufactured. We put solar panels on our roof when we purchased a Chevy Bolt, whose final assembly is in Michigan.

Consider three things:

1. Electricity is produced in a number of ways, see:
Electricity in the United States - Energy Explained, Your Guide To Understanding Energy - Energy Information Administration

2. The mocking of green and renewable energy production and such items as electric vehicles, and are fallacious arguments against them, all based on protecting the fossil fuel industry.

3. Green and renewable energy require R&
D by people, production by people, and the many parts and types of turbines to produce wind, water, solar, tidal are manufactured by people.

Forum List

Back