‘Don’t say we didn’t warn you’ - A phrase from China signals the trade war could get even worse

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'“We advise the U.S. side not to underestimate the Chinese side’s ability to safeguard its development rights and interests. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!” the People’s Daily said in a commentary titled “United States, don’t underestimate China’s ability to strike back.”
  • The phrase “Don’t say we didn’t warn you” was only used two other times by the People’s Daily in history — in 1963 ahead of China’s border war with India and in 1987 right before China went to war with Vietnam.
  • China threatened it would cut off rare earth minerals as a countermeasure in the escalated trade battle. The materials are crucial to the production of iPhones, electric vehicles and advanced precision weapons'
USGS_rare_earth_oxides_production_graph.PNG

Rare-earth mineral - Wikipedia

Trump is SUCH an idiot.

Last edited:
They'll lose.

I say, bring it and let's get this over with.

China needs to be returned to a second world country.

'“We advise the U.S. side not to underestimate the Chinese side’s ability to safeguard its development rights and interests. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!” the People’s Daily said in a commentary titled “United States, don’t underestimate China’s ability to strike back.”
  • The phrase “Don’t say we didn’t warn you” was only used two other times by the People’s Daily in history — in 1963 ahead of China’s border war with India and in 1987 right before China went to war with Vietnam.
  • China threatened it would cut off rare earth minerals as a countermeasure in the escalated trade battle. The materials are crucial to the production of iPhones, electric vehicles and advanced precision weapons'

Trump is SUCH an idiot.
China trade goods equal 0.9% of what we purchase. Oh boy, we are doomed, <SARCASM> . Without US, their people are going to be very angry when they dont get paid and they get real hungry. Dumbass liberals, always doom and gloom.

And to think that the liberals "used" to be for the workers...

They'll lose.

Leave it to McButtRocket to take a bribe now working as a mouthpiece for the Red Chinese. Or is he doing it for free?
The Left will stoop to any low to try to defeat Trump.

Trump is SUCH an idiot.
Japan finds a huge cache of scarce rare-earth minerals.

Also: China can’t control the market in rare earth elements because they aren’t all that rare.

They'll lose.

Ironic that 100 years ago we made fun of the 'stupid' Chinese.
Who is getting the last laugh now may be a big shock to Americans.

Russia and China Could Do This to Win a War Against America
As the United States looks to expand its investments in space as part of its great power competition with Russia and China, the U.S. military is acutely aware of the risks of a war in space. Today, the United States possesses approximately half of all satellites in orbit and is very dependent on space to wage war. Consequently, its space strategy remains primarily centered on deterrence, though Washington is certainly preparing to defend its satellites and counterattack if necessary. Deterrence alone, however, may not be enough. As more and more countries develop ASAT capabilities, and as other great powers — particularly China — rapidly perfect theirs, conflicts on earth are increasingly likely to extend to space in the form of direct attacks on enemy satellites. Indeed, this outcome is almost guaranteed during any large-scale peer-to-peer conflict between the great powers, especially given the United States' heavy dependence on its space architecture....

Passing us by.

Last edited:

Trump is SUCH an idiot.
iu

I'm sick to death of these new newfangled smart devices.

Most folks aren't aware, but these fancy smart cars are actually more toxic for the environment, and harder to repair and maintain, and thus, less durable in the long run than traditional cars.

And advance precision weapons?!? WTF! Sure. Like we need to give our psychopathic overlords easier more convenient weapons to be aggressive and less incentive to NEGOTIATE PEACEFUL CIVILIZED SOLUTIONS.

Let them keep their minerals in the ground if there is no demand.

They'll lose.

As the United States looks to expand its investments in space as part of its great power competition with Russia and China, the U.S. military is acutely aware of the risks of a war in space. Today, the United States possesses approximately half of all satellites in orbit and is very dependent on space to wage war. Consequently, its space strategy remains primarily centered on deterrence, though Washington is certainly preparing to defend its satellites and counterattack if necessary. Deterrence alone, however, may not be enough. As more and more countries develop ASAT capabilities, and as other great powers — particularly China — rapidly perfect theirs, conflicts on earth are increasingly likely to extend to space in the form of direct attacks on enemy satellites. Indeed, this outcome is almost guaranteed during any large-scale peer-to-peer conflict between the great powers, especially given the United States' heavy dependence on its space architecture.
If you cripple their economy, they'll no longer be a threat to us in space or anywhere.

Trump is SUCH an idiot.

Also: China can’t control the market in rare earth elements because they aren’t all that rare.

McButtBlaster isn't afraid America could LOSE in this trade battle, he's afraid we might WIN.

They'll lose.

Leave it to McButtRocket to take a bribe now working as a mouthpiece for the Red Chinese. Or is he doing it for free?

The point is about rare Earth metals...dumb ass.

That's why the big graph and the highlighting...DUH.

Shit...are you ignorant.

Last edited:

Trump is SUCH an idiot.

McButtBlaster isn't afraid America could LOSE in this trade battle, he's afraid we might WIN.

Nope. I know that a trade war is hundreds of times worse then a trade deficit. And since you obviously know little/nothing about macroeconomics...that fact is COMPLETELY over your head.
But Wall Street knows that I am right on this. Too bad Trump doesn't.

This reminds me of that thread where you called for war yet have never served in the military (reserves/regular forces) yourself. You keep going on and on...making posts quoting others but directed at me.

LOL...I LOVE getting under the skin of misogynistic assholes like you. And brother... I am COMPLETELY under yours.

Trump is SUCH an idiot.

You do realize the graph stops in 2008, right?

Is the increase due to them having the only deposits, or the most cheaply exploited?

Trump is SUCH an idiot.

Nope. I know that a trade war is hundreds of times worse then a trade deficit. And since you obviously know little/nothing about macroeconomics...that fact is COMPLETELY over your head.
But Wall Street knows that I am right on this. Too bad Trump doesn't.

This reminds me of that thread where you called for war yet have never served in the military (reserves/regular forces) yourself. You keep going on and on...making posts quoting others but directed at me.

LOL...I LOVE getting under the skin of misogynistic assholes like you. And brother... I am COMPLETELY under yours.
Cheerleading for the Chicoms, how leftist of you.

They'll lose.

Shit...are you ignorant.

Better ignorant than so butt ugly your mother makes you wear a helmet just to cover your face! Your only point here is to cry the sky is falling on Trump for the 1,000th time.

Well, you definitely proved where your allegiance lies now. No doubt left.
They'll lose.

As the United States looks to expand its investments in space as part of its great power competition with Russia and China, the U.S. military is acutely aware of the risks of a war in space. Today, the United States possesses approximately half of all satellites in orbit and is very dependent on space to wage war. Consequently, its space strategy remains primarily centered on deterrence, though Washington is certainly preparing to defend its satellites and counterattack if necessary. Deterrence alone, however, may not be enough. As more and more countries develop ASAT capabilities, and as other great powers — particularly China — rapidly perfect theirs, conflicts on earth are increasingly likely to extend to space in the form of direct attacks on enemy satellites. Indeed, this outcome is almost guaranteed during any large-scale peer-to-peer conflict between the great powers, especially given the United States' heavy dependence on its space architecture....

Passing us by.

2008? Chickenshit. U.S. intelligence knew that China was investing in Venezuelan grassroots agriculture in April of 2009, which is the Sanders pivot to this pathology and an obvious avenue of exploitation. Glad to see Venezuela now getting screwed for its miseducation. Yahoo will indeed take away the prisoner's e-mail if they do not have a cell phone, because it happened to badger2. Never did have the cringing desire to own one, but got chastised for being smart enough to boycott them from the beginning. Rare horse manure. Screw and boycott Chinese arrogance.

Nope. I know that a trade war is hundreds of times worse then a trade deficit.

McButtBlaster. Advise on how far to go from someone who never left. Men like him afraid to fight are the reason why we are in a trade deficit in the first place! Take any old SHIT China hands you because it's better than standing up and fighting for yourself!

Had ButtBlaster been at the Boston Tea Party, he would have KEPT the tea saying: "Hey! Free Tea!" :auiqs.jpg:

Rare earths are not really all that rare.

They are abundant but in places where extraction is difficult and the cost of labor excessive.

America, particularly Alaska, has sufficient deposits to take China out of the business.

However, China's allies, The Democrat Party, will do its all to ensure that those resources are never developed.

When your fave tech-toy becomes unavailable please remember to thank a Democrat.

They'll lose.

Shit...are you ignorant.
You know why China dominates the market?...slave labor.

They'll lose.

Shit...are you ignorant.

Better ignorant than so butt ugly your mother makes you wear a helmet just to cover your face! Your only point here is to cry the sky is falling on Trump for the 1,000th time.

Ummmm...that's an odd insult on a chat forum.

But whatever.

We all have limits.

Forum List

Back