Bad news, all

Sen. McConnell talks about debt, S&P, and Obama's intelligence

One of the audience members was also curious about his interaction with President Barack Obama during the last few days.

"What is he like behind closed doors?" asked Spencer Blue of Freedom Metal.

"The president is a really smart guy," was McConnell's response. "It's OK. We don't hate each other, we just have very different views on what the country should be."

Two different views, he says but one goal in mind, to get the country out of an economic crisis.

So - is McConnell a liar, or is the President a "really smart guy?"

You do realize you can be very smart and still be wrong sometimes right? I have never doubted that Obama is an Intelligent Man. However he clearly does not understand Economics very well. That does not make him stupid, just Ignorant. Another sign that he is very smart is actually his Arrogance, and Ego. Which I Believe makes him unable or unwilling to learn how he is wrong on the Economy, or any other matter.

Both Sides have their fair share of very bright people, that due to ideology or just Ignorance, are very wrong on some issues.

Being wrong does not have to mean he is not very smart.

One of the audience members was also curious about his interaction with President Barack Obama during the last few days.

"The president is a really smart guy," was McConnell's response. "It's OK. We don't hate each other, we just have very different views on what the country should be."

Two different views, he says but one goal in mind, to get the country out of an economic crisis.

I don't think either damn one of them are smart. If they are so smart why the hell is our country in the shitter?

Your assumption is that everything which comes out of McConnell's mouth is a fact/lie and not an opinion?

McConnel is a career politician and supported all of Bush's agenda.
Think about it a bit.

You know what, I made good money in the Bush Administation.

Things were good in those days. PRetty much all the way up until 2007, when Dems took over Congress.

The Dem take over of Congress in 2007 had absolutely nothing to do with the financial crash in 2008, but then you already knew that.

What's he going to say to a bunch of reporters? That Obama is a blithering idiot? I recall Wilson saying Obama was lying and Wilson was immediatly labeled a “racist”, in fact one senator ( Hank "Guam" Johnson) likened such to lynching Obama! Alito had the “audacity” to shake his head during a speech and they called for him to be impeached and called him a racist.

Many don't want the truth, you want some sugar coated BS and you got it from McConnell.

I don't think either damn one of them are smart. If they are so smart why the hell is our country in the shitter?

It takes more than these two to run a nation

Then what was the Busches I and II's problamo?

The problem with the Bushes is that people didn't know when they had it good.

Bush -41 won the Gulf War, concluded the Cold War, got us through the S&L Crisis with a relatively minor recession, and the economy was on the mend when he stood for re-election.

Bush-43, we had an average 5% unemployment. I made more money when Bush was in that I ever had in my life. Today I'm just scraping by and consider myself luckier than all those who lost their jobs and still aren't working. Hoping I can hold out before they outsource our jobs to China and get a better job, but that ain't happening with Mr. 9%.

I'd take either Bush over Obama any day of the week.

I would think that if we adopted Obama's plans, we'd be much better off than we are. He wanted to get rid of the Bush tax cuts but didn't have the votes to do it. So...we still have this incredible deficit.

You'd think the GOP would cop to the fact that the tax cuts haven't helped, they have hurt.

At the end of the day, we sent the Congress up there and we have a divided government that gets very little done. We get the Congress and the chaos we deserve. The markets are reflecting that.

Could you imagine if we were having to get into the Space Race these days? First there would be a section of the GOP that denies there is anything called "outer space". Next there would be people in the GOP who swear their plan would land us on every planet within the end of the year. Finally, there would be a bunch of myopic gym class morons called the Tea Party examining the Constitution to see where the framers mentioned space exploration.

Forget the Presidential election in 2012. The future of this country is in direct correlation to the number of Tea Party members sent to Congress. I would say if they double their numbers, we're probably looking at the end of the nation by 2020 if not sooner. Nothing will get through the Congress that these worms don't want to get through and, suffice to say, there will be no spending on anything other than today's bills.

The investments in the future will be done by other countries and they will own it.

This.

Or McConnel is avoiding antagonizing Obama further by saying what he really thinks, that the president is an arrogant asshole without a clue.
That would be the truth, btw.

Only a fool would have perceived it any other way.
Reid and Pelosi did not have an issue questioning the Presiedent of the United States' integrity, and intentions when it came to Bush.....but McConnel is a little more ethical

McConnel is a career politician and supported all of Bush's agenda.
Think about it a bit.

You know what, I made good money in the Bush Administation.

Things were good in those days. PRetty much all the way up until 2007, when Dems took over Congress.

The Dem take over of Congress in 2007 had absolutely nothing to do with the financial crash in 2008, but then you already knew that.

but they opted to ignore the signs.

The recession was just that...a recession...typical, expected, and easy to recover from in 6 months to 18 months.

The housing cirsis is another story...and that was created by members of congress that opted to ignore the warning signs....you know...the ones that oversee the lending and housing industry to make sure things arent going awry that are prompted by faulty legislation..

But you knew that already.

Quoted from the concise and well written post by candycorn in #5 on page one. Well worth repeating:

I would think that if we adopted Obama's plans, we'd be much better off than we are. He wanted to get rid of the Bush tax cuts but didn't have the votes to do it. So...we still have this incredible deficit.

You'd think the GOP would cop to the fact that the tax cuts haven't helped, they have hurt.

At the end of the day, we sent the Congress up there and we have a divided government that gets very little done. We get the Congress and the chaos we deserve. The markets are reflecting that.

Could you imagine if we were having to get into the Space Race these days? First there would be a section of the GOP that denies there is anything called "outer space". Next there would be people in the GOP who swear their plan would land us on every planet within the end of the year. Finally, there would be a bunch of myopic gym class morons called the Tea Party examining the Constitution to see where the framers mentioned space exploration.

Forget the Presidential election in 2012. The future of this country is in direct correlation to the number of Tea Party members sent to Congress. I would say if they double their numbers, we're probably looking at the end of the nation by 2020 if not sooner. Nothing will get through the Congress that these worms don't want to get through and, suffice to say, there will be no spending on anything other than today's bills.

The investments in the future will be done by other countries and they will own it.

Of course the willfully ignorant and partisan echo chamber see a different reality, one based on the propaganda, half-truths, lies and ideological driven crap of New Right charlatans and demagogues who pollute our airways with hate, fear and wholly partisan rhetoric and caustic hyperbole.

Quoted from the concise and well written post by candycorn in #5 on page one. Well worth repeating:

Lift the tax cuts across the board? Sure. That wasnt the plan. He wanted to create a class warfare type of tax cut and that weould have been unique and not in the best interest of what our country is made of

But they did help. Despite an increase in the size of the workforce, and increase in technology that allowed such technology to replace humans (email, voicemail, CNC manufacturing, touch tone auto response.....unemplyment was at a relatively constant 5%...meaning an increase in hiring despite a decrease in need....

I blame we the people. Look at this board. We fight like cats and dogs pointing fingers at the other side...exactly what our reps want us to do

Speculation based on an obvious hatred and/or misunderstanding of the tea party. Whereas I appreciated Candy Corns original sentiments and respected them, when I read this part of her post, I opted not to respond to her. I do not show hatred or disrespect tot hose I disagree with and have very little patience for those that feel such is the best way to articulate their own position

Again...an obvious hatred/misunderstanding of the tea party.

Of course the willfully ignorant and partisan echo chamber see a different reality, one based on the propaganda, half-truths, lies and ideological driven crap of New Right charlatans and demagogues who pollute our airways with hate, fear and wholly partisan rhetoric and caustic hyperbole.

Quite the hypocritical statement. Candy Corn sees her way as the "best way"...and I respect that. However, it does not necessarily mean it IS the best way nor does it mean that any other way is a destructive way.

My sentiments of the post in red.

Last edited:
I think Obama's a smart guy, but being smart, intelligent, and well educated doesn't automatically make one a good leader or mean he's got the ability to handle what is arguably the toughest job on the planet.

I think Obama's a smart guy, but being smart, intelligent, and well educated doesn't automatically make one a good leader or mean he's got the ability to handle what is arguably the toughest job on the planet.

you need to be more than just a good speaker and intelliegent to lead.
You need to have the ability to anticipate.....and I have found that is something Obama does not have.....

Or McConnel is avoiding antagonizing Obama further by saying what he really thinks, that the president is an arrogant asshole without a clue.

Are you fucking kidding me. Do you really believe McConnell gives one shit and two good goddamns if he "avoids antagonizing Obama further?"

If so, I have a bridge.

but they opted to ignore the signs.

The recession was just that...a recession...typical, expected, and easy to recover from in 6 months to 18 months.

The housing cirsis is another story...and that was created by members of congress that opted to ignore the warning signs....you know...the ones that oversee the lending and housing industry to make sure things arent going awry that are prompted by faulty legislation..

But you knew that already.

The housing crisis was a house of cards that collapsed after 30 years of government meddling in the housing sector, of which both parties are responsible, however the Democrats coming to power in 2007 had absolutely nothing to do with it crumbling.

Are you fucking kidding me. Do you really believe McConnell gives one shit and two good goddamns if he "avoids antagonizing Obama further?"

If so, I have a bridge.

You're an idiot.
You have a bridge up your ass.

WOW. Between congress and the President there are 525 politicians screwing up this country. About 50 or so are "TEA PARTY" Politicians and the TEA PARTY has enough power to control everything. That makes each TEA PARTY Politician worth at least 10 dems and repubs. WOW I'm Impressed.

It's impressive insofar as the guy with the biggest weapon usually winning the fight but first lets look at your math; flawed though it is.

525? There are 435 in the House and 100 in the Senate....not sure how you get to 525.

Anyway, for a bill to get to the President's desk, it has to pass both houses whose numbers are 435 and 100. So you need 218 in the House and 51 in the Senate.

Lets take the house;

Out of the 435, 50 "or so" tea partiers (roughly 1 in 8) will be able to determine a great many votes; those who want funding from contributors sympathetic to a tea party platform must at least pay lip service to the 1 in 8. So there is the inevitable collateral damage caused by these worms.

Tea Party influence is magnified by nothing but the economic unit they represent. It certainly isn't their plank which has nothing to do with better government. Otherwise, you'd see these yahoo's still up in Washington decrying their fellow colleagues for going on vacation. If they were really there to change the way Washington works; they'd be working right now...would they not?

In the Senate with cloture not on the table, one Senator can stop all business concerning a bill.

Additionally, the economic unit that they represent is very likely to get further exacerbated due to the reckless ruling from the high court allowing whoever to contribute whatever to any race in the nation. Obviously, the atmosphere is ripe for foreign influence to dictate our future at the ballot box in ways that didn't seem possible a few elections ago. Thanks to the Tea Party and their williness to take us into an American Dark Ages, it would be extremely easy for anybody to set up a PAC and get more of these morons elected; lets hope the Chinese are too concerned with making the voting machines and selling them to us than influencing the way we're using them.

Those are the facts and they are not in dispute.

Solidly Democratic houses in Congress voted to extend the tax cuts. Obama signed the legislation.
So raising taxes in a recession is a good idea? Is this your final answer?

Raising taxes on the top 2 percent? You betcha. Since they, far and away, make most of the income in disproportionate amounts.

Forum List

Back