Bad Kills -- Good Kills. The Double Standard.

Not only do they kill birds, they are eye sores. Hundreds of them all along the Columbia River. Not very pretty.

How pretty are coal mines or nuclear power stations?

Not very but I don't see them for hundreds of miles. One can go from The Dalles, Oregon all the way to Pasco, Washington and see them. Non-stop.

You can go from Cle Elum, Washington and go all the way George, Washington and see them non stop. Hundreds lined up.

I also know that they don't manufacture a lot of power for the space they take up and are not efficient..

Not only do they kill birds, they are eye sores. Hundreds of them all along the Columbia River. Not very pretty.

Not very but I don't see them for hundreds of miles. One can go from The Dalles, Oregon all the way to Pasco, Washington and see them. Non-stop.

You can go from Cle Elum, Washington and go all the way George, Washington and see them non stop. Hundreds lined up.

I also know that they don't manufacture a lot of power for the space they take up and are not efficient..

Question might be --- Which would you rather have in your back yard? One of those "grasshopper" oil pumps? Or a 6MW 300 ft wind turbine sounding like a turboprop airplane taking off and leaving mangled bird bodies on your lawn?

I'd take the oil pump.. As long as it didn't squeak...

Flac -

The other option you would no doubt jump at for backyard furniture is a frakking hole.

Realistically, why would anyone care if the tap water you drink is carcinogenic?!

Flac -

The other option you would no doubt jump at for backyard furniture is a frakking hole.

Realistically, why would anyone care if the tap water you drink is carcinogenic?!

You know Saigon --- if the previous owner didn't disclose to me that the house is sitting on a MASSIVE NATURAL toxic dump ---- I'd sue their asses to hell..

AND I'd encourage someone to put in the fracking operation so I could buy better lawyers..

The problem in most cases is LIVING OVER A GAS RESERVE in the first place. Drill and extract and the problem COULD get better..

So which would YOU choose?? A 300ft wind turbine or an oil pump? (not that I care or believe you'd ever answer that given your PREVIOUS avatar)

Indeed. Coal mines are eyesores. However most are in areas people don't go and they are limited in their extent. This is a very bad one on that scale.

Coal_mine_in_Inner_Mongolia_002.jpg

However, this isn't much better and extends for MILES!

texas-wind-farm.jpg

Flac -

The problem with that of course is it doesn't happen. I understand your information is limited to GASLAND, but you'll have to do better than that saggy old boy.

Westwall

The problem with that of course is it doesn't happen.

Pennsylvania officials didn't report toxic metals found in drinking water from a private well near a natural gas drilling site, according to legal documents and reported by Jon Hurdle of The New York Times reports.

The omissions raise questions about the Pennsylvania government's connection to the oil and gas industry, which has a vested interest in the natural gas trapped in the Marcellus Shale beneath Pennsylvania and three other states.

Read more: Report Left Out Fracking Poison In Water - Business Insider

Westwall

Pennsylvania officials didn't report toxic metals found in drinking water from a private well near a natural gas drilling site, according to legal documents and reported by Jon Hurdle of The New York Times reports.

The omissions raise questions about the Pennsylvania government's connection to the oil and gas industry, which has a vested interest in the natural gas trapped in the Marcellus Shale beneath Pennsylvania and three other states.

I guess you didn't catch the update....

"PITTSBURGH — A landmark federal study on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, shows no evidence that chemicals from the natural gas drilling process moved up to contaminate drinking water aquifers at a western Pennsylvania drilling site, the Department of Energy told The Associated Press.

After a year of monitoring, the researchers found that the chemical-laced fluids used to free gas trapped deep below the surface stayed thousands of feet below the shallower areas that supply drinking water, geologist Richard Hammack said."

Fracking Chemicals Didn't Contaminate Water, Study Finds | Weather Underground

Westwall -

We both know that there are at least dozens and probably hundreds of cases of fracking causing water to be poisoned.

I can present more cases if you are not aware of them - but I think we both know that you ARE aware of them.

Again - please try and post honestly.

Westwall -

We both know that there are at least dozens and probably hundreds of cases of fracking causing water to be poisoned.

I can present more cases if you are not aware of them - but I think we both know that you ARE aware of them.

Again - please try and post honestly.

I am not the one who was caught lying about my country of origin asshat. Go fuck yourself.

Westwall -

Lying about the country I live in isn't a great way for you to establish how honest you can be.

I'm still in Finland, and can prove it everyday and any day you like.

Really - what do you think you achieve by posting what you know to be bullshit day afterday? I don't get it at all. You just seem like a spanked child who lost all his toys.

Westwall

I guess you didn't catch the update....

"PITTSBURGH — A landmark federal study on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, shows no evidence that chemicals from the natural gas drilling process moved up to contaminate drinking water aquifers at a western Pennsylvania drilling site, the Department of Energy told The Associated Press.

After a year of monitoring, the researchers found that the chemical-laced fluids used to free gas trapped deep below the surface stayed thousands of feet below the shallower areas that supply drinking water, geologist Richard Hammack said."

Fracking Chemicals Didn't Contaminate Water, Study Finds | Weather Underground

Fracking is just the next environmental sacrifice to the alter of hate. When there is no evidence of anything, thy just throw accusations and declare them fact.

It is sad the vitriol that some have against progress, particularly in this area where we are making strides at improving the sources of energy that we use. Unless its solar and wind they don’t want it.

Maybe because solar and wind are simply impossible to use as a complete replacement; they are never going to have to worry about finding another sacred cow.

When there is no evidence of anything, thy just throw accusations and declare them fact.

Once again, Colorado’s fracking boom has residents wondering if there’s something in the water — carcinogenic benzene, in this case. A plant for fracked natural gas processor Williams Energy, near Parachute, Colo., spilled an estimated 241 barrels of mixed natural gas liquid into the ground, some of which eventually washed as benzene into Parachute Creek.

http://grist.org/news/fracking-accident-frack-cident-leaks-benzene-into-colorado-stream/

Pennsylvania Fracking Accident: What Went Wrong

Tuesday night, a natural gas pipe in Pennsylvania sprung a leak and sent thousands of gallons of chemical-laced water flowing out beyond its protective berms. The leak now appears to be under control, but PM explains how fracking operations normally collect the wastewater from their wells—and what went wrong this time.

Read more: Pennsylvania Fracking Accident - What Went Wrong - Popular Mechanics

Fracking Accident in Wyoming Leads 67 People To Evacuate Their Homes

New Yorkers Against Fracking Calls on New York Leaders To Ban Unsafe Process

In response to the news that a Chesapeake Energy well was leaking gas that was at risk of explosion, leading to the evacuation of 67 people, New Yorkers Against Fracking issued the following statement from John Armstrong of Frack Action:

“This kind of tragedy is all too common with the fracking process and companies like Chesapeake.

“It’s just one more example why Governor Cuomo and the New York State Legislature need to protect New York’s communities from the unacceptable dangers of fracking.

http://nyagainstfracking.org/fracking-accident-in-wyoming-leads-67-people-to-evacuate-their-homes/

It is sad the vitriol that some have against progress

So you are not against tidal, solar or wind energy?

Or do you simply believe that progress can only involve 18th century technologies such as coal and oil?

My word, FAQ, that must be one of the least informed and factually void posts on a thread packed full of poorly informed and factually void posts. I hope you'll go back and maybe correct a few of the errors in it.

Last edited:
Hey Saigon.. What is it with you???

When you start a thread -- you work it like a Security Guard and blast people for changing the subject.

I ask you DIRECTLY whether you'd rather have a 300ft wind turbine or an oil well on YOUR yard --- and you go off into a circuitous rant on fracking..

You don't play well with others do you? Is that because they didn't offer Pre-School where you were raised? In Saigon or Finland or whatever?

Last edited:
Westwall -

Lying about the country I live in isn't a great way for you to establish how honest you can be.

I'm still in Finland, and can prove it everyday and any day you like.

Really - what do you think you achieve by posting what you know to be bullshit day afterday? I don't get it at all. You just seem like a spanked child who lost all his toys.

Parsing words as any good conman I see. You claimed you WERE Finnish. I proved conclusively you're not. You spend an inordinate amount of time on this board as well. My excuse is I am 68 and retired so have a lot of free time. You, who claim to be a freelance journalist, seem to have even more time than I and I don't have to work for a living.

So, that leaves us with your statements........which don't hold up to scrutiny. Are you in Finland? Maybe, you can't prove it. Are YOU Finnish? No way in hell.

'Nuff said, you're a typical internet poseur....

When there is no evidence of anything, thy just throw accusations and declare them fact.

Once again, Colorado’s fracking boom has residents wondering if there’s something in the water — carcinogenic benzene, in this case. A plant for fracked natural gas processor Williams Energy, near Parachute, Colo., spilled an estimated 241 barrels of mixed natural gas liquid into the ground, some of which eventually washed as benzene into Parachute Creek.

Fracking accident leaks benzene into Colorado stream | Grist

Pennsylvania Fracking Accident: What Went Wrong

Tuesday night, a natural gas pipe in Pennsylvania sprung a leak and sent thousands of gallons of chemical-laced water flowing out beyond its protective berms. The leak now appears to be under control, but PM explains how fracking operations normally collect the wastewater from their wells—and what went wrong this time.

Read more: Pennsylvania Fracking Accident - What Went Wrong - Popular Mechanics

New Yorkers Against Fracking Calls on New York Leaders To Ban Unsafe Process

In response to the news that a Chesapeake Energy well was leaking gas that was at risk of explosion, leading to the evacuation of 67 people, New Yorkers Against Fracking issued the following statement from John Armstrong of Frack Action:

“This kind of tragedy is all too common with the fracking process and companies like Chesapeake.

“It’s just one more example why Governor Cuomo and the New York State Legislature need to protect New York’s communities from the unacceptable dangers of fracking.

It is sad the vitriol that some have against progress

So you are not against tidal, solar or wind energy?

Or do you simply believe that progress can only involve 18th century technologies such as coal and oil?

My word, FAQ, that must be one of the least informed and factually void posts on a thread packed full of poorly informed and factually void posts. I hope you'll go back and maybe correct a few of the errors in it.

:lol::lol::lol: So, now they are reduced to calling surface spills "fracking accidents". If ever you needed an example of just how stupid these idiots are, here you go....

Forum List

Back