Bad cities a racist myth?

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
Yeah, so today at work I met a guy from Portchester, New York.

So, from everything I've heard Portchester, NY, was bad in the 1980's, including accounts from my family who my uncle was jumped, and robbed there, and my grandmother was scared to sleep at night because of gun shots throughout the night.

So, I tell this guy that Portchester has sure changed, it got bad for awhile in the 1980's, I said.

Which he got really upset, saying "Oh Portchester was never bad, this is a racist myth, created by racist Italians, who didn't like that Blacks, and Hispanics were moving into their former Italian neighborhoods"

Now, as true as it maybe, or not, that some Italians are most certainly racist, and do resent other groups coming in.

Everything I've heard says that at least parts of Portchester were pretty bad in the 1980's, if not still to a certain extent today.

So, really, really NOW?

are anti-racists realy going to guilt Whites for saying a neighborhood is bad, as racist for stating that?

It's really gotten to the point where anti-racists are losing all credibility.

Yeah, so today at work I met a guy from Portchester, New York.

So, from everything I've heard Portchester, NY, was bad in the 1980's, including accounts from my family who my uncle was jumped, and robbed there, and my grandmother was scared to sleep at night because of gun shots throughout the night.

So, I tell this guy that Portchester has sure changed, it got bad for awhile in the 1980's, I said.

Which he got really upset, saying "Oh Portchester was never bad, this is a racist myth, created by racist Italians, who didn't like that Blacks, and Hispanics were moving into their former Italian neighborhoods"

Now, as true as it maybe, or not, that some Italians are most certainly racist, and do resent other groups coming in.

Everything I've heard says that at least parts of Portchester were pretty bad in the 1980's, if not still to a certain extent today.

So, really, really NOW?

are anti-racists realy going to guilt Whites for saying a neighborhood is bad, as racist for stating that?

It's really gotten to the point where anti-racists are losing all credibility.

there is lots of ethnic tension in New York City-------remember "Westside Story"? -------very realistic------
------there is tension even between "different kinds of Hispanics"--------like those from different latin
American countries. -----the Poles are particularly indignant about the Islamic incursion in Greenpoint,
Brooklyn--------or so I hear------probably just gossip. Imagine a polish community facing a community
of teetotalers

Forum List

Back