Background checks and increase age to own a gun.

If a bad guy wants a gun he will not have to get one legally, he can get it by word of mouth in any state.
Then why is Trump calling for background checks?

Trump is simply talking the situation down...misleading LefTarded fools.
He’s done and said the same shit each time a piece of shit Liberal has executed a mass shooting.
Are you trying to say that he doesn’t support any of those things? He just putting it out there to play the people?

just reinstate the assault weapons ban that was in place under Clinton and Congress or Bush2 let expire...

enough already....

yes, bad guys could still get a gun on the black market, but when they are banned, the price on the black market will sky rocket, making it much much harder for these 20 to 30 yr old guys to afford them....

if it cuts these mass murders with assault/rapid fire/destructive powered weapons, it's good enough for me, for now.

yes, some rich guy like the Las Vegas shooter may still be out there, able to afford black market prices, but parkland, el paso, and Dayton, the synagogue etc mass murders would likely not have occurred by these young men, or likely to not have been as destructive without semi automatics, by these young men.

As a certified RTKABA supporter I don't think we need any background checks at all. The crime should never be the possession of a gun but the crime that was done with the gun. That is reasonable.

Given the fact that we do have the despicable NICS checks I can live with the fact that we expand it to include more of the crazies which is what I think Trump is talking about. I don't like it but I can live with it. However, if he is talking about some stupid Universal Background Check for the transfer of any firearm then he has lost me as a supporter. Not only him but any Republican Senator that votes for it.

We hire Republicans to protect our Liberties from the filthy Liberals. If they can't do it then we need to find somebody else to do it.

If a bad guy wants a gun he will not have to get one legally, he can get it by word of mouth in any state.

He’s done and said the same shit each time a piece of shit Liberal has executed a mass shooting.
Are you trying to say that he doesn’t support any of those things? He just putting it out there to play the people?

Yes, to play the LefTarded fools.

I think he is deflecting the Liberals.

He is saying "meaningful" background checks. That is much different than UBC or anything else the filthy Liberals would want. It is code for "we will look into something for the crazies but leave the gun owners alone".

Trump is too smart to piss off his base with stupid gun control laws. It is not like the supporters of RTKABA will vote for Democrats but they won't have the enthusiasm for Trump. He knows that could be disastrous in close swing states.
Haha, ok you can translate it that way, he obviously hedged the statement and didn’t provide any details. How about raising the age from 18 to 21 or 25 and not expunging records. Do you support those ideas? No code there

When you are 18 you are deemed old enough by the government to be given a weapon to kill people.

If that age is acceptable in the military for having firearms then it should be acceptable to enjoy the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

I want our Constitutional rights to be inclusive, not excluding.

Trump went on air this morning promoting background checks, increasing the age to purchase a gun, and getting rid of the policy that expunges the records of minors when they turn 18.

The legal age to purchase a gun should be 21, with perhaps some limited exceptions for an appropriate hunting rifle. An 18 year old kid is not yet mature enough to be a unsupervised gun owner. And before people go there an 18 year old in the military wielding a weapon is heavily trained and supervised.

Slade I'd be the first to support this but here's the problem. Gun control advocates are big fat liars. When we give them an inch they take a mile. They don't negotiate in good faith. Gun control advocates have every intention of breaking the deal. They will take the inch we give and keep right on pushing until guns are banned. On the way they pass laws which render owning a gun useless, or so legally risky people voluntarily give up their 2nd amendment rights.

These gun control punks are the reason we don't already have sensible, bi-partisan gun control in this country.

Let me list the reasons why background checks should be opposed by all Americans:

1. They don't work. The check does nothing to prevent somebody from committing a crime with the weapon once they get possession. We have seen where almost all the high profile shooters have passed the NICS system so it is a joke. A criminal can get a gun without a background check.

2. It is the filthy government giving you permission to enjoy a right that is guaranteed to you under the Constitution of the United States. Totally unacceptable for an American to have to get permission from the filthy ass government to do what is already a guaranteed liberty to him/her.

3. Background checks are an assumption of guilty until proven innocent. Totally against everything that America stands for.

We should all oppose any background checks for the possession of firearms. The crime should never be the possession of the firearm but the crime that was down with the firearm. That is real common sense.

Trump went on air this morning promoting background checks, increasing the age to purchase a gun, and getting rid of the policy that expunges the records of minors when they turn 18.

Thoughts?

Trump: Congress discussing 'meaningful' gun background checks, NRA will have input
Like most gun control efforts, it will be watered down with loopholes, such as exclusion of individual sales, gun shows, etc. If republicans vote for it, then it will be worthless giving gun advocates the argument that gun control doesn't work.

The only way to actually solve the problem is to change the constitution making gun ownership a privileged not a right followed by tough laws to take guns off the streets backed up by enforcement.

Thoughts?

Trump: Congress discussing 'meaningful' gun background checks, NRA will have input
Like most gun control efforts, it will be watered down with loopholes, such as exclusion of individual sales, gun shows, etc. If republicans vote for it, then it will be worthless giving gun advocates the argument that gun control doesn't work.

The only way to actually solve the problem is to change the constitution making gun ownership a privileged not a right followed by tough laws to take guns off the streets backed up by enforcement.

Gun owners have been encouraging anti-gunners for decades to take precisely that action. Why have they not? :71:

Thoughts?

The age someone can get a gun will always be whatever age they can pick one up. I was offered a gun in high school as a freshmen. The problem with the black market is that.... it's the black market. They don't follow the laws. So you can make up whatever dumb law you want, but as long as someone is willing to fork over money for a gun, there will be someone willing to take that money in exchange for a gun.

As a certified RTKABA supporter I don't think we need any background checks at all. The crime should never be the possession of a gun but the crime that was done with the gun. That is reasonable.

Given the fact that we do have the despicable NICS checks I can live with the fact that we expand it to include more of the crazies which is what I think Trump is talking about. I don't like it but I can live with it. However, if he is talking about some stupid Universal Background Check for the transfer of any firearm then he has lost me as a supporter. Not only him but any Republican Senator that votes for it.

We hire Republicans to protect our Liberties from the filthy Liberals. If they can't do it then we need to find somebody else to do it.
Most of the people that commit these horrible crimes are not crazy. They may be emotional disturbed and have a lot of hangups but that's a description that probably describes about 50 million people.

The people that commit these crimes are unable to cope with problems many of us face such as failed marriages, lost of job, failure in school, drug abuse, rejection of peers, helplessness, and inadequacy. Instead of looking for fixes for their problems they look for scapegoats to blame for their failures latching on to negative racial, ethnic, and social stereotypes. So by killing the stereotype, they hope to solve their problems.

Nothing would help more that counseling, marriage, family, mental health, ect...

Last edited:

Most of the people that commit these horrible crimes are not crazy. They may be emotional disturbed but that's a description that probably describes about 50 million people.

These people are unable to cope with problems many of us face such as failed marriages, lost of job, failure in school, drug abuse, and rejection of peers. Instead of looking for fixes for their problems they look for scapegoats to blame for their failures latching on to negative racial, ethnic, and social stereotypes.

Nothing would help more that counseling, marriage, family, mental health, ect..

What we also know is that taking away firearms from law abiding citizens because an asshole did something bad with one is totally anti freedom, especially when we have a Bill of Rights protect the Liberty to keep and bear arms.

just reinstate the assault weapons ban that was in place under Clinton and Congress or Bush2 let expire...

enough already....

yes, bad guys could still get a gun on the black market, but when they are banned, the price on the black market will sky rocket, making it much much harder for these 20 to 30 yr old guys to afford them....

if it cuts these mass murders with assault/rapid fire/destructive powered weapons, it's good enough for me, for now.

yes, some rich guy like the Las Vegas shooter may still be out there, able to afford black market prices, but parkland, el paso, and Dayton, the synagogue etc mass murders would likely not have occurred by these young men, or likely to not have been as destructive without semi automatics, by these young men.

You really need to educate yourself on weapons. The Clintoon assault weapon ban was a farce. The same ar15 could be bought with the only exceptions being flash suppressors, collapseable stocks, and pistol grips.

The law was you could have two of those but not all. So everyone bought the collapseable stocks and pistol grips.

So quit listening to the liars and their dog whistles.

[

...and who in their right mind would want to do something as stupid as that?

Most of the people that commit these horrible crimes are not crazy. They may be emotional disturbed but that's a description that probably describes about 50 million people.

These people are unable to cope with problems many of us face such as failed marriages, lost of job, failure in school, drug abuse, and rejection of peers. Instead of looking for fixes for their problems they look for scapegoats to blame for their failures latching on to negative racial, ethnic, and social stereotypes.

Nothing would help more that counseling, marriage, family, mental health, ect..

What we also know is that taking away firearms from law abiding citizens because an asshole did something bad with one is totally anti freedom, especially when we have a Bill of Rights protect the Liberty to keep and bear arms.

The LefTarded hate stereotypes and painting with a broad brush...UNLESS they can advance their twisted agendas doing exactly that.

[

The legal age to purchase a gun should be 21, with perhaps some limited exceptions for an appropriate hunting rifle. An 18 year old kid is not yet mature enough to be a unsupervised gun owner. And before people go there an 18 year old in the military wielding a weapon is heavily trained and supervised.

LOL!!

The government has already determined that an 18 year old can pretty well handle a gun. There are tens of thousands of them in the military.

If you are old enough to fight for your country then you are old enough to enjoy the rights that you are fighting for.

Yes, to play the LefTarded fools.
Wow, you’re very insightful. Thanks for explaining that... haha

I think he is deflecting the Liberals.

He is saying "meaningful" background checks. That is much different than UBC or anything else the filthy Liberals would want. It is code for "we will look into something for the crazies but leave the gun owners alone".

Trump is too smart to piss off his base with stupid gun control laws. It is not like the supporters of RTKABA will vote for Democrats but they won't have the enthusiasm for Trump. He knows that could be disastrous in close swing states.
Haha, ok you can translate it that way, he obviously hedged the statement and didn’t provide any details. How about raising the age from 18 to 21 or 25 and not expunging records. Do you support those ideas? No code there

When you are 18 you are deemed old enough by the government to be given a weapon to kill people.

If that age is acceptable in the military for having firearms then it should be acceptable to enjoy the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

I want our Constitutional rights to be inclusive, not excluding.
Let’s be fair though... at 18 we can serve in the military IF we pass the militaries criteria and training.

Forum List

Back