Back To the People?

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
I just heard on local radio that Senator Lamar Alexander is proposing legislation that would take the shares of GM and Chrysler from the treasury department and divide them up amongst the taxpayers. I'm sorry I don't have a link but I'll try to find one after I get caught up at work this morning. I think this would be an excellent idea and wonder what others think. Thoughts?

I just heard on local radio that Senator Lamar Alexander is proposing legislation that would take the shares of GM and Chrysler from the treasury department and divide them up amongst the taxpayers. I'm sorry I don't have a link but I'll try to find one after I get caught up at work this morning. I think this would be an excellent idea and wonder what others think. Thoughts?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Fox News Reports that Tax Evader Geithner is in China begging them for money!

Why would I want shares in failed companies that make no money?

Its scandalous that this happened under that idiot obama.

Chrysler I am not sure about, but GM as what is known at this stage as, 'Newco', has more than a decent chance of becoming viable. There are a lot of variables, but it is not at all out of the question. Their chances would be greatly enhanced if Washington could be removed from the equation. Doubt that will happen, however. The Prophet wants control of GM for his social agenda. That said, proposing no alternative at all and/or not objecting to what is going on is not wise.

Chrysler I am not sure about, but GM as what is known at this stage as, 'Newco', has more than a decent chance of becoming viable. There are a lot of variables, but it is not at all out of the question. Their chances would be greatly enhanced if Washington could be removed from the equation. Doubt that will happen, however. The Prophet wants control of GM for his social agenda. That said, proposing no alternative at all and/or not objecting to what is going on is not wise.

As a owner of chevy's and cadillac's since 1964 I fear I will not own another as I will not buy a auto that is owned buy our goverment.

Bad enough politicians and greenies have put to many restrictions on our once world admired auto industry. They had to finish it off also.
Scumbags!!

As a owner of chevy's and cadillac's since 1964 I fear I will not own another as I will not buy a auto that is owned buy our goverment.

Bad enough politicians and greenies have put to many restrictions on our once world admired auto industry. They had to finish it off also.
Scumbags!!

My sister will not drive a car younger than the 80's. Have not asked yet her what she thinks of all this.:doubt:

We're more than please with our Pilot and Corolla. 5 years, not a single problem. I'll never buy a government car but I'd gladly buy American if they can match what I have now. My experience with the American cars I have owned (except for my '66 Chrysler) have been less than stellar.

We're more than please with our Pilot and Corolla. 5 years, not a single problem. I'll never buy a government car but I'd gladly buy American if they can match what I have now. My experience with the American cars I have owned (except for my '66 Chrysler) have been less than stellar.

Pilot and Corolla !! Might as well but a go kart with a briggs and stratton engine. Have owned dozens of Chevy's and several Caddy's all great.

Pilot and Corolla !! Might as well but a go kart with a briggs and stratton engine. Have owned dozens of Chevy's and several Caddy's all great.

I've had no problems with them, unlike the Grand Marquis I owned, an Olds 98 and a Mercury Mystique. I quite like the reliability of the cars we own now. I've never owned a Chevy nor a Caddy. Perhaps if I had I wouldn't have gone with Honda and Toyota.

The unions, along with the ever stringent governmental regulatory hand of God, has been the most direct cause of the once-great and proud American auto industry.

Obama has come into the fray long after the body was bleeding its life out into the mud, and proudly planted his victory flag.

And now make no mistake, this administration will do all it can to bring Ford more completely into the Government fold, and then their all seeing eye will turn fully to the successful auto industries that have provided thousands of well paying (non-union) jobs in the South. The UAW wants those plants to be filled with unionized minions, and Lord Obama will do all he can to make it so...

Mordor.jpg

I've had no problems with them, unlike the Grand Marquis I owned, an Olds 98 and a Mercury Mystique. I quite like the reliability of the cars we own now. I've never owned a Chevy nor a Caddy. Perhaps if I had I wouldn't have gone with Honda and Toyota.

Chevy Impala's, Chevy Pickups,,Avalanche,Silverado's both Deisel and Gas. In the 70's several Caddy's now a Caddy CTS (over 25 mpg highway) Kinda always paid a little more for all the extra's.
Never owned a Honda (son's did have dirt bikes) never owned a Toyota either.

Right Again Frankie lololol

For your info,most states run the Worker Comps insurance plans and transfer there profits to the general funds,while constantly being cheap with paying claims. This is probably Obowmas plan, if and when GM starts to make a profit he will keep it and transfer to federal budjet. Scumbag.

Oh yea the Unions will help him make GM profitable again. Then the Goverment will fuck the Union worker, and steel from them. They will be begging for GM to be private again if they
are smart enough to realize there getting screwed.

Last edited:
Government Motors will be Government Motors until it is allowed to finally collapse. Look at the example of Amtrak.

Amtrak’s trains first started rolling throughout the nation on May 1, 1971. Many had hopes that Amtrak would aid in the re-emergence of trains as a viable option in domestic travel. Nixon Administration correspondence on Amtrak stated, “It is expected that the corporation would experience financial losses for about three years and then become a self-sustaining enterprise.”

Nice prediction, huh? Sound vaguely familiar?

Last edited:
One need only look at the Department of Defense to understand why you DO NOT want your Govt. running any private industry, much less owning it. I posted this in another thread, but I thought it worth mentioning that when you have a Govt. thats willing to take billions of dollars to close a Defense program that has already cost billions of dollars and has a big fat zero to show for it. What would you expect from the same Govt. lets say what wanted to produce the newest Chevy or GMC?

Forum List

Back