Bachmann’s Husband Tied To ‘Pray Away The Gay Therapy’

If a parent takes a kid to the dentist the kid is being forced to go to the dentist. Ok with me.
If a parent takes a kid to the pray away the gay kook the kid isbeing forced to go to the pray away the gay kook. Not okay and needs to be banned.
What about that does someone not understand?
Or is not willing to admit that they are too stubborn to admit they are wrong.

I guess I'm having a problem understanding the difference.

Parents are the best judge of what is good for their children, not government bureaucrats.

Yes, if there are CLEAR SIGNS OF ABUSE, that should be stopped. But just because YOU don't like the choices the parents make... I'm not sure I want to go there. Unless we can get teaching kids liberalism to be considered an abuse.

Now, I'm an old guy, and frankly, a lot of what the nuns did in the 1970's and my parents did would be considered "abuse" today. But I look at these kids who are out of control, not responsible and not mature even into their 30's and wonder what we were doing was so wrong.

Eventually, we make our own choices as adults. Heck, despite 12 years of religious teaching, I was an agnostic before I left college.

I am an old guy also.
If one PAYS for this then it needs to be regulated as children are involved.
If a religion offers it then I do not want it regulated.
Religion rips people off by the second and is free to do so.
License to steal. Caveat emptor.

Banned? By whom?

If you opened up a therapy palace where you offered counseling for those that are left handed and you took $$$ in any shape or form from anyone at anytime you would be committing fraud. No one can change someone born being left handed.
Fraud is banned. Laws ban fraud.
Again, banned by whom? Who do you want to ban this therapy?

How is it "therapy"?
Prove it is therapy. Do you even know what the definition of therapy is?
Who licenses physicians?
Why? Because they are using "opinion and emotion"?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

If you opened up a therapy palace where you offered counseling for those that are left handed and you took $$$ in any shape or form from anyone at anytime you would be committing fraud. No one can change someone born being left handed.
Fraud is banned. Laws ban fraud.

How is it "therapy"?
Prove it is therapy.

Counselors SAY it is therapy. See my previous posted link.

.... Do you even know what the definition of therapy is?
Yes, I do; but that is irrelevant. Mental health counselors DO know what is therapy, and my previous link shows that.
.... Who licenses physicians?
What does that have to do with Bachmann? He is not a physician.
.... Why? Because they are using "opinion and emotion"?:cuckoo::cuckoo:
WFT are you going on about, now?

Now, for the third time, who do you want to ban this therapy?

Let's see if you actually answer or just dodge again. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

How is it "therapy"?
Prove it is therapy.

Councelors SAY it is therapy. See my previous posted link.

Yes, I do; but that is irrelevant. Mental health counselors DO know what is therapy, and my previous link shows that.
.... Who licenses physicians?

Uh, don't you know that "therapists" have to have a license? And who issues those? And why do you think that it is regulated?
And Bachmann has one of those licenses there.
Why don't you do any homework or research?
You are not very swift there Moe. Sexual orientation can not be changed by therapy. You can not change gay people back to straight. Could therapy change your sexual orientation?
Tell us about that. This should be rich.
Therapists that steal $$ from others should be banned from continuing from doing so.
Marcus Bachmann is a fraud. Frauds are banned from defrauding others by the licensing board that he is under.

How is it "therapy"?
Prove it is therapy.

Uh, don't you know that "therapists" have to have a license? And who issues those? And why do you think that it is regulated?
You are not very swift there Moe. Sexual orientation can not be changed by therapy. You can not change gay people back to straight. Could therapy change your sexual orientation?
Therapists that steal $$ from others should be banned from continuing from doing so.
Marcus Bachmann is a fraud. Frauds are banned from defrauding others by the licensing board that he is under.
Still can't answer my question.

Again, who do you want to ban this therapy?

Answer it and stop deflecting with utter crap, or just admit that your authoritarian bent wants the government to ban this. Otherwise, those who DO know what therapy is - mental health counselors - have yet to ban it. Leave those who know about the profession and the topic matter of that profession to figure it out. Not authoritarian idiots like you and politicians.

And, moron, Bachmann is not a physician.

Freaking idiot - you can't even answer a simple question about what you want. I guess you just want to bitch.

Answer it and stop deflecting with utter crap, or just admit that your authoritarian bent wants the government to ban this. Otherwise, those who DO know what therapy is - mental health counselors - have yet to ban it. Leave those who know about the profession and the topic matter of that profession to figure it out. Not authoritarian idiots like you and politicians.

Freaking idiot - you can't even answer a simple question about what you want. I guess you just want to bitch.

You are very slow.
Never said he was a physician dumb ass.
Clearly stated he is a licensed therapist.
Government licenses and denies licenses to therapists.
Government denial of a license because of fraudulent practices would be a ban.
Tell me who is an expert in gay reparative therapy. Bachmann?:lol::lol::lol::lol:
No one is. There is no such thing.

You are very slow.
Never said he was a physician dumb ass.
Clearly stated he is a licensed therapist.
Government licenses and denies licenses to therapists.

Actually, the board of that profession, consisting of persons who actually are in that profession, are the ones who define the terms of licensing and control the licensing.

Idiot.

When the professional organizations - who actually KNOW what they are taking about with respect to the profession - make such a recommendation to 'ban' this, it will happen. Unfortunately for the authoritarians in the thread, they aren't getting what they want.

You have a problem with it? Write to the board and tell them. If they think your argument has any merit as it pertains to the practice of their profession, then they may consider what you say.

I don't fancy myself any sort of expert on this topic, so I am secure in my position that it will be 'banned' whenever it should be 'banned'. Not because a bunch of hysterical whiners want it 'banned'.

Actually, he's a liscenced psychotherapist and counselor........

Background
Bachmann's parents came to the United States from Switzerland in 1950[3] and took up residence on a farm in Buffalo County, Wisconsin, which his family still owns.[3][4][5] He met his wife at Winona State University, where they worked on Jimmy Carter's 1976 Presidential campaign.[2] In 1988 Bachmann graduated from CBN University, now known as Regent University, with a master of arts in community counseling.[6] He wrote his thesis on how day care “may increase the insecurity” of infants, which included a biblical perspective.[6] In 1995 he received a Doctor of Philosophy with a concentration in clinical psychology from the Union Graduate School.[6] His dissertation expanded on his master's thesis, and explored the effect of day care on children 48 to 60 months of age.[6]

Marcus Bachmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bachmann’s husband again tied to ‘pray away the gay therapy’ caught on video | Washington Blade - America's Leading Gay News Source

ABC News has picked up an undercover video from LGBT-activist Wayen Besen’s TruthWinsOut of a counselor recommending prayer to “treat” homosexuality last month at the counseling practice of Michele Bachmann’s husband Marcus Bachmann.

The Bachmanns have denied patients have been counseled in such ways, but the video and the growing chorus of former patients coming out claiming to have been “treated” in this manner for their homosexuality by the Bachmann clinic.

In response, the Human Rights Campaign—which has already endorsed President Barack Obama for re-election in 2012—has launched a petition demanding GOP Presidential candidates sign a pledge disavowing dangerous “ex-gay” therapy, which major American mental-health groups from the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association and more have denounced as extremely harmful to patients.
<more>

How hideous!!!!

Dear God - Michelle Bachman's husband is NOT FIT to be the first husband !

Quick - !!! Notify CNN !!! This is some serious shit !!!

Bachmann’s husband again tied to ‘pray away the gay therapy’ caught on video | Washington Blade - America's Leading Gay News Source

ABC News has picked up an undercover video from LGBT-activist Wayen Besen’s TruthWinsOut of a counselor recommending prayer to “treat” homosexuality last month at the counseling practice of Michele Bachmann’s husband Marcus Bachmann.

The Bachmanns have denied patients have been counseled in such ways, but the video and the growing chorus of former patients coming out claiming to have been “treated” in this manner for their homosexuality by the Bachmann clinic.

In response, the Human Rights Campaign—which has already endorsed President Barack Obama for re-election in 2012—has launched a petition demanding GOP Presidential candidates sign a pledge disavowing dangerous “ex-gay” therapy, which major American mental-health groups from the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association and more have denounced as extremely harmful to patients.
<more>

How hideous!!!!

Dear God - Michelle Bachman's husband is NOT FIT to be the first husband !

Quick - !!! Notify CNN !!! This is some serious shit !!!

Hey now, I agree and very good point.
First ladies of this great country have included many that were a ham sandwich short of a picnic lunch and it made no difference.
And Marcus Bachmann would keep that tradition going. He is a fruit cake without the fruit.

Yanno, I'd agree with you if it weren't for the internet and the massive media attention that the first spouse gets nowdays Gadawg.

Now? Everytime they go outside, they're trailed by the media, and their words are taken as almost gospel. Do we REALLY need a homophobic first spouse?

All I know is, if anyone ever told me to go to ex-gay therapy, here's how I'd respond...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc&feature=fvst]&#x202a;Amy Winehouse - Rehab&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube[/ame]

I am sick and tired of hearing the arguments opposing gay marriage and anything and just about everything gay.
If a conservative Republican country boy done good like me can see that gay folks by and large are just ordinary folks that want the same rights as everyone else, fall in love with someone of the same sex and want to make a committment to them with marriage then it ain't rocket science folks.
I can't wait until the day in my old age when everyone that looks down on gay folks is considered a damn fool by the vast majority. And we be getting there.

Another emotional response, and another attempt to redirect a thread. Gay marriage is covered in another thread.

This thread is about stupid ineffective destructive counseling about gays. Yes, this thread is pertinent, and your comment was deflection.

Dear Gawd.
Please don't let me have the urge to be bent over the fence or get a mouth full of man gravy any more.
I repent my sins in the name of the son, with the golden bronze feet, flowing long hair and saphire ey.........Gawd. Excuse me for a moment I need to use the bathroom for a few minutes....................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................
Amen !

Last edited:
Dear Gawd.
Please don't let me have the urge to be bent over the fence or get a mouth full of man gravy any more.
I repent my sins in the name of the son, with the golden bronze feet, flowing long hair and saphire ey.........Gawd. Excuse me for a moment I need to use the bathroom for a few minutes....................................................................................................................................
Amen !

You need some "stop lusting for under age girls" therapy.

Dear Gawd.
Amen !

You need some "stop lusting for under age girls" therapy.

deflection

Reparative therapy, like that practiced by the fabulous Marcus Bachman, is harmful and should be outlawed.

"A Minnesota pastor has been arrested for sexually assaulting two gay men while counseling them about their “homosexual tendencies.”

The first victim told authorities that Muehlhauser had “blessed” him by cupping his genitals. The pastor required the victim to arouse himself for “spiritual strength” and later instructed the man to get naked and masturbate in front of him, calling it “spiritual guidance.”

Muehlhauser told a second victim that he would “loose everything” if details of the abuse became public."

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back