Baby Boomers..Worst Generation Ever..

I never knew anyone who spit on returning vets, that may have been an urban legend. If it was about avoiding the draft, how do explain all of the women and college students with deferments in the anti war movement?

College students with deferments are the perfect example of those who wished to avoid the draft once their deferments expired.

We knew the war was not going to last. And how about the woman and older man against the war? And the Vietnam Veterans Against the War?

Let me ask you a question so that it is clear what is happening here. How old were you in the 60s?[/QUOT

Graduated from H.S. in 1965, student deferment until 1969. Army 1969-71. How about you?

College students with deferments are the perfect example of those who wished to avoid the draft once their deferments expired.

We knew the war was not going to last. And how about the woman and older man against the war? And the Vietnam Veterans Against the War?

Let me ask you a question so that it is clear what is happening here. How old were you in the 60s?[/QUOT

Graduated from H.S. in 1965, student deferment until 1969. Army 1969-71. How about you?

Graduated from high school in 1969. Undergraduate work 1969 - 1973. Went to graduate school in the 1990's and ended up teaching a college course on the 60s. Now I am retired from teaching and I am a painter.

I am a painter.

Last edited:

Good to see that we are on a level playing field.

I contend that on the whole the, "Baby Boomers" are the most selfish, lazy, freeloading generation America has ever known, look what their turning over to the next generation...

ah.. btw. ( I am one but I'm not included)..(:)D))

I agree, and I am one. After the 60s, the generation got greedy and lost its' way. Lost our ideals, which at one time were so very strong. We stopped a war, we believed we could change the world, and then we got lost.

However, America started going to hell around the time of Watergate, so you cannot blame us for everything.

What a self serving excuse. Are you sure you don't want Bush to share some of the blame with Nixon? The truth of the matter is that we were served the world on a platter after WW2 and have been selfishly squandering it ever since. This accelerated in the 1960's with the convergence of the Civil Rights and Anti War movements, which resulted in many of our generation losing any respect for our country or its government. As a result, we have been in a free-for-all, take everything you can get, mode ever since. Most disturbingly, it is our children who are paying the biggest price for our narcissism.

That's right, fighting for civil rights shows a lack of respect for the country. Let's bring back the black laws and really show respect for our country. Same with protesting war. Just go to war and quit you're whining even if there's no credible reason for the war. "My country right or wrong" should be our motto.

I agree, and I am one. After the 60s, the generation got greedy and lost its' way. Lost our ideals, which at one time were so very strong. We stopped a war, we believed we could change the world, and then we got lost.

However, America started going to hell around the time of Watergate, so you cannot blame us for everything.

What a self serving excuse. Are you sure you don't want Bush to share some of the blame with Nixon? The truth of the matter is that we were served the world on a platter after WW2 and have been selfishly squandering it ever since. This accelerated in the 1960's with the convergence of the Civil Rights and Anti War movements, which resulted in many of our generation losing any respect for our country or its government. As a result, we have been in a free-for-all, take everything you can get, mode ever since. Most disturbingly, it is our children who are paying the biggest price for our narcissism.

That's right, fighting for civil rights shows a lack of respect for the country. Let's bring back the black laws and really show respect for our country. Same with protesting war. Just go to war and quit you're whining even if there's no credible reason for the war. "My country right or wrong" should be our motto.

It was a stupid motto back in the day, and even stupider today.

The baby boomers turned out to be the worst parents the nation had every seen. While the war generation wanted their children to have better than they had, the baby boomers turned out to be "no spanking, lack in discipline and ethics," fostering a generation of gimme gimme without the responsibility of working for their own success.

Blame Dr. Spock or whoever, we now have a degenerate population waiting for the government or the parents to pull them through life. Once, hard work and determination was our goal, but that seems to have been lost on a good portion of the population, leaving poverty and the successful with a middle class becoming smaller and smaller.

if you think the boomer generation are bad parents, just wait

Forum List

Back