Baby Boomers..Worst Generation Ever..

I contend that on the whole the, "Baby Boomers" are the most selfish, lazy, freeloading generation America has ever known, look what their turning over to the next generation...

ah.. btw. ( I am one but I'm not included)..(:)D))

What time frame are you talking about with the phrase "baby boomers"?

If you are talking about the post-World War 2 baby boom (say 1945-1960), I really can't agree with that. You can't blame everything on one generation. I was born in the mid-50s, and my "generation" is probably the LAST generation that believed in family values, honesty, integrity, and hard work.

Subsequent "generations" have screwed things up beyond repair. Anybody under 40 should be ASHAMED of themselves.

I believe that the destruction of this country can be blamed on the turbulent and violent 1960s, and the Roe v. Wade SCOTUS decision in 1973.

Assassinations. Race riots. The Vietnam War. The Cold War. Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll. Women's "rights". Legalized infanticide. Entitlements. Countless scandals.

This country has never recovered, and never will.

Last edited:
I contend that on the whole the, "Baby Boomers" are the most selfish, lazy, freeloading generation America has ever known, look what their turning over to the next generation...

I agree, and I am one. After the 60s, the generation got greedy and lost its' way. Lost our ideals, which at one time were so very strong. We stopped a war, we believed we could change the world, and then we got lost.

However, America started going to hell around the time of Watergate, so you cannot blame us for everything.

Last edited:

I agree, and I am one. After the 60s, the generation got greedy and lost its' way. Lost our ideals, which at one time were so very strong. We stopped a war, we believed we could change the world, and then we got lost.

However, America started going to hell around the time of Watergate, so you cannot blame us for everything.

What a self serving excuse. Are you sure you don't want Bush to share some of the blame with Nixon? The truth of the matter is that we were served the world on a platter after WW2 and have been selfishly squandering it ever since. This accelerated in the 1960's with the convergence of the Civil Rights and Anti War movements, which resulted in many of our generation losing any respect for our country or its government. As a result, we have been in a free-for-all, take everything you can get, mode ever since. Most disturbingly, it is our children who are paying the biggest price for our narcissism.

You are a complete ass hole. You just described Generation Y.

Do you have a unbiased source to back up your bull shit?

Let's see the Boomers have been running the country for about 20 years now and it's turned to shit. Gen Y is still a ways away from having their turn at the wheel.

BTW Gen Y ... who raised them?

What a self serving excuse. Are you sure you don't want Bush to share some of the blame with Nixon? The truth of the matter is that we were served the world on a platter after WW2 and have been selfishly squandering it ever since. This accelerated in the 1960's with the convergence of the Civil Rights and Anti War movements, which resulted in many of our generation losing any respect for our country or its government. As a result, we have been in a free-for-all, take everything you can get, mode ever since. Most disturbingly, it is our children who are paying the biggest price for our narcissism.

The Civil Rights and Anti War Movements were unselfish examples is us seeing things that were wrong with the country and doing something about it. Subsequent generations have been too selfish and lazy to do the same.

Let's see the Boomers have been running the country for about 20 years now and it's turned to shit. Gen Y is still a ways away from having their turn at the wheel.

BTW Gen Y ... who raised them?

Turned to shit?

We currently enjoy the highest standard of living in the entire history of humankind.

The Civil Rights Movement unquestionably held the high moral ground, but the Anti War protesters were largely motivated by avoiding the draft. Or do you think spitting on returning vets was an altruistic gesture?

What the hell is this crap?

I know you can't cuss in this forum, but what the hell is this crap?

I'm a boomer! Unfortunately, I have to agree with you!

Looks like the anger management classes aren't working out so well...:lol:

You know, if you disagree with my opinion you're more than welcome to at least try responding in a reasoned way, especially in the CZ, just sayin.

The Civil Rights Movement unquestionably held the high moral ground, but the Anti War protesters were largely motivated by avoiding the draft. Or do you think spitting on returning vets was an altruistic gesture?

I never knew anyone who spit on returning vets, that may have been an urban legend. If it was about avoiding the draft, how do explain all of the women and college students with deferments in the anti war movement?

There's plenty enough blame to go around..

I think you two, Nuke & Woodie would agree if you weren't born in different decades.

Entitlement is an overused word these days, but it does fit the attitude that too many people have today, the idea that I am owed something just for being here. Didn't use to be that way, people were expected to earn their own keep, make their own way. We used to have a strong work ethic, a day's work for a day's pay and you showed up on time and tried to do a good job. I wouldn't say that concept is gone for good, but it isn't as prevalent as it once was. No doubt there are many reason for this decline, but IMHO one of them has to be the rise in dependence on the gov't to take care of us if we can't or won't do it for ourselves. Most of us have no problem with providing for those who really can't do for themselves, but it's another matter entirely if we're asked to provide for those who won't.

Generations prior to the boomers were more or less forced to adhere to those principles, we didn't have a safety net. Now that the net is there, many seem to have stopped worrying about anyone else, including our own kids and grandkids, and instead are looking out just for number 1. We used to sacrifice for them, but not anymore. One wonders how history will look back on this time and what they will say; probably won't be very complimentary.

Great Post...just sayin

YOu mean the baby boomer generation who not only paid up in the full the social security deficiet left over from the WWII AND KOREA generations, and then PREPAID for its own Social Security costs up to 2050?

You mean the Boomer Generation that fought and died all during the LONGEST WAR IN US HISORY?

You mean the boomer generation that gave this world all this amazing technology that makes it possible for us to communicate here?

The boomer generation who worked on average MORE hours at work than their fathers or grandfathers?

That lazy and worthless generation, you mean?

Yeah, what a buncha slugs, eh?

YOu mean the baby boomer generation who not only paid up in the full the social security deficiet left over from the WWII AND KOREA generations, and then PREPAID for its own Social Security costs up to 2050?

You mean the Boomer Generation that fought and died all during the LONGEST WAR IN US HISORY?

You mean the boomer generation that gave this world all this amazing technology that makes it possible for us to communicate here?

The boomer generation who worked on average MORE hours at work than their fathers or grandfathers?

That lazy and worthless generation, you mean?

Yeah, what a buncha slugs, eh?

Did I say it was all bad, some parents still raised hero's, dedicated individuals and visionaries.... etc.

((If I included ever contingency, I'd still be writing the OP....))

You always take the chicken shit approach....just sayin

Last edited:
The hubris of the moment is curiously now aimed at baby boomers. What does one make of a generation of youth brought up in a world of privilege that now point fingers back at mom and dad? Is that all there is to the story? Humans seem unable to stand on their own feet and must always blame another for whatever it is they dislike or see as a problem. And so they pick and choose among the detritus of history and culture and find fault. What a bizarre world we live in when nothing is as it seems and next week a new source of our own personal devil will be found and pointed at and we will be excused.

For those interested in this topic may I suggest:

"Something is profoundly wrong with the way we live today. For thirty years we have made a virtue out of the pursuit of material self-interest: indeed, this very pursuit now constitutes whatever remains of our sense of collective purpose. We know what things cost but have no idea what they are worth. We no longer ask of a judicial ruling or a legislative act: is it good? Is it fair? Is it just? Is it right? Will it help bring about a better society or a better world? Those used to be the political questions, even if they invited no easy answers. We must learn once again to pose them." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

"To serve contentment, there were and are three basic requirements. One is the need to defend the general limitation on government as regards the economy; there must be a doctrine that offers a feasible presumption against government intervention...The second, more specific need is to find social justification for the untrammeled, uninhibited pursuit and possession of wealth....There is need for demonstration that the pursuit of wealth or even less spectacular well-being serves a serious, even grave social purpose....The third need is to justify a reduced sense of public responsibility for the poor. Those so situated, the members of the functional and socially immobilised underclass, must, in some very real way, be seen as the architects of their own fate. If not, they could be, however marginally, on the conscience of the comfortable." John Kenneth Galbraith, The Culture of Contentment

I never knew anyone who spit on returning vets, that may have been an urban legend. If it was about avoiding the draft, how do explain all of the women and college students with deferments in the anti war movement?

College students with deferments are the perfect example of those who wished to avoid the draft once their deferments expired.

College students with deferments are the perfect example of those who wished to avoid the draft once their deferments expired.

We knew the war was not going to last. And how about the woman and older man against the war? And the Vietnam Veterans Against the War?

Let me ask you a question so that it is clear what is happening here. How old were you in the 60s?

Forum List

Back