AW ban in NY passing - will gun nuts make good on their threats?

This N.Y. gun control nonsense will end up in one place... Court.

AW ban in NY passing - will gun nuts make good on their threats?

First let's see if NY can make good on any of it's threats. It think the courts will tear NY a well-deserved new asshole.

The new, New York government sanctioned semi-automatic rifle:
(Note the rounds stand up in the magazine, it only holds five rounds.........)

ringel05-albums-my-pics-picture5497-pensylvlongrifle2.jpg

So they are banning assault weapons in New York now.

I'm just curious as to whether the gun nuts in New York will actually make good on their threats to use deadly force to keep government from taking away their guns -

or will they puss out yet again?

N.Y. poised to pass toughest gun law in the nation | NJ.com

Also - what about the rest of you gun nuts? You know if you stand by and do nothing while they take the guns away in NEw York - next it will be California, then Oregon, then 20-30 states later they will get to you and by then - TOO LATE!

As usual, the NY politicans are taking the pussy way out by grandfathering in all existing weapons.

What happens now is I become a 2nd class citizen, with my equal protection under the law rights violated, as someone else can own one, but I cannot own one.

What may happen is all the people upstate may get thier wish and a split of the state vote may eventually happen. Getting rid of NYC's votes would get them thier rights back.

So basically what the law also says is Texas trusts its own citizens more than New York does. Our politicians see us as petulant children.

I can't wait to see the police follow the same restrictions.

LOL, maybe things have changed since I left, but do you think that "Upstate" can survive without the tax dollars from NYC and Long Island? I love my home state, but I am glad I left there a decade ago. It seems to have become an increasing "nanny state". Eastern Long Island has a LOT of "gun" owners, I'm willing to be that there are more gun owners on Long Island (mainly Eastern) than in Upstate New York.

Your "gun rights" are not "removed" by having some weapons off limits.

"Well regulated" is clearly stated.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Go hunt down your english teachers and beat the fuck out of them for not teaching you reading comprehension.

or admit you're a lying douche that doesn't give a fuck about the Constitution.

We turn first to the meaning of the Second Amendment .

A

The Second Amendment provides: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” In interpreting this text, we are guided by the principle that “[t]he Constitution was written to be understood by the voters; its words and phrases were used in their normal and ordinary as distinguished from technical meaning.” United States v. Sprague, 282 U. S. 716, 731 (1931) ; see also Gibbons v. Ogden, 9 Wheat. 1, 188 (1824). Normal meaning may of course include an idiomatic meaning, but it excludes secret or technical meanings that would not have been known to ordinary citizens in the founding generation.

The two sides in this case have set out very different interpretations of the Amendment. Petitioners and today’s dissenting Justices believe that it protects only the right to possess and carry a firearm in connection with militia service. See Brief for Petitioners 11–12; post, at 1 (Stevens, J., dissenting). Respondent argues that it protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. See Brief for Respondent 2–4.

The Second Amendment is naturally divided into two parts: its prefatory clause and its operative clause. The former does not limit the latter grammatically, but rather announces a purpose. The Amendment could be rephrased, “Because a well regulated Militia is necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.” See J. Tiffany, A Treatise on Government and Constitutional Law §585, p. 394 (1867); Brief for Professors of Linguistics and English as Amici Curiae 3 (hereinafter Linguists’ Brief). Although this structure of the Second Amendment is unique in our Constitution, other legal documents of the founding era, particularly individual-rights provisions of state constitutions, commonly included a prefatory statement of purpose. See generally Volokh, The Commonplace Second Amendment , 73 N. Y. U. L. Rev. 793, 814–821 (1998)."

Scalia's well written opinion:
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER

Forum List

Back