Colin Powell...Who Is He, Again?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PoliticalChic, Jan 15, 2013.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,824
    Colin Powell shows his true colors.

1. Colin Powell has been given honors that few of us ever accrue: He has been National Security Advisor, he has been Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, and even the United States Secretary of State.

2. Every one of those positions awarded at the behest of a Republican. And I’m certain he was aware of the political party that felt he deserves those awards. He even claimed to be a member of that party.

3. “COLIN POWELL: THERE’S A ‘DARK VEIN OF INTOLERANCE’ IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

a. Former Secretary of State Colin Powell — who split with the Republican Party to endorse President Barack Obama two times — said Sunday there are some clearly racial elements within the GOP.

b. “There’s also a dark vein of intolerance in some parts of the party,” Powell said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

c. While not mentioning former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin or former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu by name, Powell referenced past comments from each about Obama as evidence of racism in the party."
    Colin Powell: There?s a ?Dark Vein of Intolerance? in the Republican Party | Video | TheBlaze.com

4. Seems it’s time to give the general a bit of instruction….and, perhaps, see who the real racist is.

5. A rule of life, that all would do well to learn early on, is that reality is defined by actions….not words. Perhaps some examples? “The check is in the mail,” or “I’ll respect you in the morning.”

6. In fact, 'the reality lesson' shows up as a major difference between Liberals, for whom “feeling passes for knowing,” and conservatives, for whom data informs policy.

7. Now, the general, who avows to be a Republican, but has voted for the most Liberal President we’ve ever had, twice, now gives cover- again- to Obama’s failure to cut spending by dangling this ‘racist’ red herring.

8. Seems to me that the general has become the race-card croupier,

9. Could not the phrases that Powell points to as indicia of racism be, merely, common phrases? Could not the racism be a figment of Powell’s psychology, or an attempt to ingratiate himself in other precincts?

a. Show me the actions….don’t babble!

10. Let’s go back to #5, above, and demand data rather than conjecture: : He has been National Security Advisor, he has been Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, and even the United States Secretary of State. All due to Republicans.

a. Looks to me like some ‘racism’ lots of folks would like directed at them!

Hard to know the true colors of a turncoat.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    Powell is a rare light of sanity in an otherwise radical right wing GOP.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,824

Prove it.

4. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    Who is Colin Powell? He's the guy that gave it to you straight and then was attacked as a traitor and a RINO for it, that's who.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  5. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,419
    1. What
    2. a
    3. .......fantastic
    a. and enlightening
    4. thread!

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    a turncoat? because he's mortified by the radical rightwingnuts who have hijacked his party?

lol..

you should have the same level of public service as he does... but keep sitting at your computer talking about someone like him.

7. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,824

Seems you missed the essence of the OP: you've merely provided conjecture.....again.

I gave you data....

...where's yours?

8. Newby

Newby Does it get any better? Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    Save your breath PC, bullshit, i.e. conjecture, is all they have. ;)

9. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,824
    At this point in time he is an ingrate who doesn't even have the grace to use the cliché "what have you done for me lately?'

He is no more than an apologist/ stooge for the Obama cultists, and you believe you can use him as a cudgel to beat the Right with.

No dice.

10. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    You just did in your OP. Powell called out the GOP trash on their radical right wing racism towards Obama.