Audience Member Hurls Book at Obama During Philly Speech

article-1319448-0B8FCA26000005DC-698_634x435.jpg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319448/Obama-book-thrown-Philadelphia-rally.html

I thought this was fake, then it showed up on msn.

It was an book from an ins co, it had an umbrella on it (cant' think of the name)

But his narsisism is clear, he was so involved in getting cheered that he didn't notice a book flapping past head.

I hope they catch "The Thrower" and jail his ass.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319448/Obama-book-thrown-Philadelphia-rally.html

It was an book from an ins co, it had an umbrella on it (cant' think of the name)

But his narsisism is clear, he was so involved in getting cheered that he didn't notice a book flapping past head.

Is there ANYTHING, ANYTHING at all that cannot be blamed on Obama?

New plan: Throw panties and cigars on stage with little notes that say thanks for last night. Good luck Secret Service. Oh Michelle.

oops narcissism

I blame my public skool edjumuhkatshun. ahn muh auto mispeller alert thingy don' work on this site, so please excuse any typos.

We can't blame global warming on obama.

oops narcissism

I blame my public skool edjumuhkatshun. ahn muh auto mispeller alert thingy don' work on this site, so please excuse any typos.

You sure?

Could have been pretty cool if Obama reached out a grabed it right out the air one-handed. Then signed it and tossed back. Some comment about it not being his book would have topped it off.

That would've been so awesome I would've cried like a little girl at a Jonas Brothers' concert. :cool:

Assuming this is real.

This is what happens when you cheer it when it happens to other people.

It became acceptable to some libs to throw things at the President. It was funny when some retard threw a shoe at Bush, so now it's ok to throw stuff at any President.

This is what happens when hippies breed. If your parents didn't care for authority, you will care even less.

Whoever said it was acceptable to throw things at the President, any President?

Sure, I laughed when the shoe was thrown at Bush. He handled it well and with humor, have to give him props for that. Which is why the laugh, Bush himself made it okay to laugh. But I was also wondering about the security and a little pissed that anybody would do it in the first place. Right or wrong, love him or hate him, the President is the President and the office deserves respect.

Just because people see the humor in a situation doesn't mean they ignore the problem.

I heard more than one, WAY more than one liberal wish it hit him, or wish it was something harder.

Please don't play ignorant, you know as well as I how that was played up, now the left has to deal with the fact that they didn't make a stand against that jerk and back the President.

"The Left" :rolleyes:

Careful with that brush you use, it's waaaay wider than the barn door you're painting.

CBS's Mark Knoller wrote on Twitter late Monday morning that the Secret Service "says this morning it was aware of the book thrown at Pres. Obama yesterday" but that, after interviewing the "overexuberant" book thrower, it "deemed there was no threat intended - he just wanted Obama to have a copy of his book." No arrest was made.

A photo appearing in the British tabloid the Daily Mail shows a book very clearly passing behind the president's head, though the clarity -- such a sharp image would require a very fast shutter speed -- is not the only reason to doubt its authenticity: the background behind the president is quite different from the background in the video, and the president's shirt appears to be different from the one he has on in other images -- his sleeves are rolled up to a different height.

But those on the vigilanti trail will believe any-fucking-thing as long as it seems bad.

Hahahahahahaha

This incident is nothing like the guy who took aim at President Bush with his shoe. But all the righties want to paint President Obama as getting the same reaction from people as worst president on record. Anyone viewing the video can tell it's not the same.

Moving on to something relevent......

Bush was better at ducking the shoe...it was the highlight of his presidency

Obama doesn't even seem to be aware of the book

oops narcissism

You sure?

ok, I'll play.

All this flying around to politic is putting harmfull co2 into the air, the green party libs can't vote for some one that's killing the planet for his own gain.

Aslo, he blows a lot of hot air himself :razz:

I'm not sure the book was thrown out of anger. I think somebody was just trying to get an Economics 101 book to him with the hopes he would read it.

that's funny. heh.

But seriously, do we have word on what the book was, or a for certain motive for throwing the book? My understanding was that the book was not thrown at Obama necessarily, it was speculated that the book thrower had written the book and hoped Obama would read it and/or would obtain some publicity for the book.

Bush was better at ducking the shoe...it was the highlight of his presidency

Obama doesn't even seem to be aware of the book

well that is par for the course.
The Obama doesn't seem to be aware of much. except himself, of course.

Its just that Bush had more experience with people hurling objects at him

No, I'd say Bush was just MORE aware of what was going on around him.
can't say that about the Obama. he's not aware of much, but himself of course.:lol:

If I read no history this would surprise me, but it seems humans mature at a slower rate than even Darwin imagined. ;)

Obama has book thrown at him at Philadelphia rally | Mail Online

I haven't seen this on the news at all. The Bush/Shoe incident I saw many, many times. Ain't seen this once.

Guess the LSM can't believe anyone would hurl a foreign object at OL'BO.

After all. HE IS THE MESSIAH. LOL

Seriously. This is not a good thing. What happened to Bush happened in another country. This happened in the US. Not good.

One can also think of this as responsible journalism as ideas have power for the stupid and we have a long history of the stupid doing stupid things.

Actually, I think students of Darwin are wondering if the "missing link" has anything to do with a regression back to Neanderthalism at a certain point in human evolution. That does seem to be what's been happening.

Forum List

Back