Audience Member Hurls Book at Obama During Philly Speech

Capitalist

Jeffersonian Liberal
May 22, 2010
The Daily Mail reported:
This is the astonishing moment a book was apparently hurled at the head of U.S. President Barack Obama during a campaign rally in Philadelphia.
The flying missile narrowly missed hitting the President today.
It is not clear where it came from in the crowd.
But it is expected that there will be fallout from the security breach as the Secret Service investigates how close the President came to danger.
The rally was clearly an eventful one – other images showed a naked man being led away in handcuffs by police.
It is not clear if the man was involved in the book-throwing incident – or why he was not wearing any clothes.

obama-naked-guy.jpg

Late Breaking News – Has the Naked Guy been ID’d? And is a wacky billionaire involved? (H/t commenter DanlBoone via The Daily Caller)
If billionaire Alki David is an honest man, the man who streaked in front of Barack Obama at the president’s rally today in Philadelphia will be paid $1 million for his stunt. The man who performed today’s stunt, which captured the attention of the Drudge Report, is 24-year-old Juan James Rodriguez, THE WEEKLY STANDARD has learned.
David is a billionaire shipping and bottling magnate who is known to carry out stunts, mainly by paying others to perform them. As the The Sun reported on August 17: “A WACKY billionaire has offered $1million (£638,700) to the first person who streaks in front of US President Barack Obama. Loaded Alki David has promised to pay out the cash — providing the streaker writes the name of his website ‘Battlecam’ across their chest.”
BIGTIME h/t to DanlBoone for this pic clearly showing Naked Guy with Battlecam emblazoned on his gut:
obama-streaker-battlecam.jpg

The man or woman should be arrested. We don't tolerate that kind of crap in a Republic. We follow the rule of law.

When I read the first part, I thought that it was pretty unfair to criticize the Secret Service for the incident. I mean, who thinks of a book as a potential weapon?

Then I read the part about the naked guy. OK, is it just me or isn't there something just a bit unusual about a nekkid guy standing within 1000 feet of a President? Whether or not he was clothed when he was screened doesn't matter. At one point, he got naked. With all those eyes, cameras and other security technologies scanning the crowd for ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY, someone should have noticed the naked man in the crowd! It's not exactly the same difficulty as finding Waldo. I mean, people around him had to react at least when he dropped his drawers. At some point, someone had to point and say, "Hey! That dude's nekkid!"

Man ‘Streaks’ Obama For $1 Million Stunt
October 11th, 2010
From the Philadelphia Daily News:

For Dems: A winning streak?

SNIP:
By STEPHANIE FARR
October 11, 2010

WHILE PRESIDENT OBAMA came to a Germantown rally yesterday hoping for a winning streak, one man came and went streaking, hoping to win $1 million. The 24-year-old man from New York City, who had "www.Battlecam.com"; written on his chest, was charged with indecent exposure, disorderly conduct and open lewdness, according to police.

We’re not sure why the cops didn’t nap Mr. Obama while they were at it.

Cops did not release his name, but Alki David [sic], the founder of Battlecam.com, said in a telephone interview that he knows the man as "King Vamp," a regular on his website. "King Vamp" apparently took David – a Nigerian-born billionaire of Greek Cypriot descent who lives in California – up on a challenge that he had posted on his site.

David said that he would give $1 million to the first person to streak (wearing only shoes) in front of Obama with the website written on his chest. The streaker also was required to shout out the name of the site six times and broadcast his actions on the site, David said.

This almost sounds like a religious ritual.

"I am a fan of Obama, this is not a slight on Obama at all," David told the Daily News last night.

read the rest..
Sweetness & Light

Any bets on if the Lamestream Pravda media will run the clip of the book throwing over and over like they did the shoe throwing of President Bush.?

ANYONE wanna take that bet.

don't forget folks, don't rely on the Democrat controlled Lamestream media for YOUR NEWS.
get you news from OTHER sources.

WTF has gone wrong with people? Has civility broken down for good?

well, big boy, what did ya think? lecherman joking about a Palin child being raped, laughing about dying of kidney failure, laughing when President Bush was attacked with a shoe, you tell me. and I'll tell you you reaps what you sows. You want civility? you gotta be civil.

I haven't seen this on the news at all. The Bush/Shoe incident I saw many, many times. Ain't seen this once.

Guess the LSM can't believe anyone would hurl a foreign object at OL'BO.

After all. HE IS THE MESSIAH. LOL

Seriously. This is not a good thing. What happened to Bush happened in another country. This happened in the US. Not good.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this on the news at all.

Guess the LSM can't believe anyone would hurl a foreign object at OL'BO. LOL

Seriously. This is not a good thing. What happened to Bush happened in another country. This happened in the US. Not good.

It really doesn't matter that it happened in another country. What matters is that the demonRats :clap2::clap2: the act.

If I read no history this would surprise me, but it seems humans mature at a slower rate than even Darwin imagined. ;)

Obama has book thrown at him at Philadelphia rally | Mail Online

I haven't seen this on the news at all. The Bush/Shoe incident I saw many, many times. Ain't seen this once.

Guess the LSM can't believe anyone would hurl a foreign object at OL'BO.

One can also think of this as responsible journalism as ideas have power for the stupid and we have a long history of the stupid doing stupid things.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back