Attention Newbies

If King wrote here, I wonder if he'd get rep points?

I sold him a computer and laser printer once in the early 90s.

He used to buy them (back when they were expensive) and give them to budding authors who he thought showed promise.

Nice guy, eh?

You'll see him walking round Bangor occassionally.

He's a class act.

He used to buy them (back when they were expensive) and give them to budding authors who he thought showed promise.

Nice guy, eh?

He's a class act.

Did you ever go see his band he has with other writers, I know Dave Barry was in it too.

Stephen King and the Rock Bottom Remainders

Nice guy, eh?

He's a class act.

i knew he donated a lot of money locally.

Did you ever go see his band he has with other writers, I know Dave Barry was in it too.

Stephen King and the Rock Bottom Remainders

No but my ex-wife just saw them recently playing at a fund raiser.

The suck as musicians and they know it, but they have a great time and the crowd apparently gets into the suckiness of the whole event with great gusto as well.

Steven and Tabitha are extremely generous donors to charitable and nfp organziations in Maine.

The Kings are an honestly class act, like I said before about them.

He also campaigned for Gary Hart back in 1988. Hasn't done much politicking since his accident, though.
maybe the embarrassment from the full page "Ferrarro/Mondale" ad he ran, made him decide to get out of politics
LOL

No but my ex-wife just saw them recently playing at a fund raiser.

The suck as musicians and they know it, but they have a great time and the crowd apparently gets into the suckiness of the whole event with great gusto as well.

Steven and Tabitha are extremely generous donors to charitable and nfp organziations in Maine.

The Kings are an honestly class act, like I said before about them.

A friend of mine who was in an urban scholar program for low income kids which eventually led to a college scholarship was invited to their house for lunch along with his mentor and a few other students in his group. He said Stephen King was really friendly to them and interested in how they were getting along in school. He counts it as one of the best experiences of his life.

A friend of mine who was in an urban scholar program for low income kids which eventually led to a college scholarship was invited to their house for lunch along with his mentor and a few other students in his group. He said Stephen King was really friendly to them and interested in how they were getting along in school. He counts it as one of the best experiences of his life.
I watched Pet Cemetary a day before my dog died. I couldn't sleep for a week! I love The Shining!

I watched Pet Cemetary a day before my dog died. I couldn't sleep for a week! I love The Shining!

The Shining is a classic!! I haven't read much of Stephen King but I read a short story that appeared in the New Yorker a few years ago that was just stupendous! That story alone made me believe his reputation as a great writer must be true.

King's old stuff is a lot better than his new stuff. Nothing beats The Stand and It. Well, maybe his collective short stories but I haven't read a newer King book that I liked since Four Past Midnight.

Would still love to meet the man though.. IT was the first book I read when becoming an avid reader.

King's old stuff is a lot better than his new stuff. Nothing beats The Stand and It. Well, maybe his collective short stories but I haven't read a newer King book that I liked since Four Past Midnight.

Would still love to meet the man though.. IT was the first book I read when becoming an avid reader.

People forget that he wrote The Shawshank Redemption.

I still em scared of clowns because of 'It'. Tim Curry did an awesome job as the clown. I agree his old stuff was better!

It was Stephen King's best novel. Without a doubt, if it's one book of his I could read over and over it's that.

The Green Mile is also a great book of his. (Some people forget that he's the one who wrote that novel.)

The Stand? Really?

A long winded treatise on good and evil that would be even longer but for the dues ex machina ending no doubt insisted upon by the publisher.

Ah good triumphs over evil when "the hand of God" explodes a nuclear device.

Give me a break.

Well, I'll agree that the end was a bit anticlimactic but I think the entire epic story was well worth it's place on my tops list. It's a thousand times better than the dark towers series and deeper in character development than any other book save It.

Forum List

Back