Attention military !

The newbies don't remember or know about the bad old days, with the draft, McNamara and his "whiz kids", 20-years of war in VN and 50,000 dead.

Bullshit.

Mr. Tenet told members of the Sept. 11 commission about the July 10 meeting when they interviewed him in early 2004, but committee members said the former C.I.A. director never indicated he had left the White House with the impression that he had been ignored.

“Tenet never told us that he was brushed off,” said Richard Ben-Veniste, a Democratic member of the commission. “We certainly would have followed that up.”

....​
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/02/washington/03ricecnd.html

Excerpted from BUSH AT WAR, ironically another Woodward book, at page 34, et seq.

"That night, she [Rice] acknowledged to herself that she was in a fog. She tried to focus on what had to be done the next day. If it was bin Laden and al Qaeda--it almost surely was--there was another complication. The questions would sooner or later arise about what the Bush administration knew about the bin Laden threat, when they knew it and what they had done about it.

"About a week before Bush's inauguration, Rice attended a meeting at Blair House with President-elect Bush and Vice President-elect Cheney. This was the 'secrets' briefing given by Tenet and James Pavitt [CIA Deputy Director of Operations.

"For two and a half hours, Tenet and Pavitt had run through the good, the bad and the ugly about the CIA to a fascinated president-elect. They told him that bin Laden and his network were a 'tremendous threat' which was 'immediate.' There was no doubt that bin Laden was coming after the United States again, they said, but it was not clear when, where or how. Bin Laden and the network were a difficult, elusive target. President Clinton had approved five separate intelligence orders authorizing covert action to attempt to destroy bin Laden and his network, disrupt and preempt their terrorist operations..."

Granted, although the new administration had only been in office for nine months when AQ hit on 911, it's clear that they were not (yet, anyway) paying enough attention to the very real threat even after the transition team had attempted to light a fire under them.

Sorry, I don't mean to turn this thread into yet another debate over 911, but I had to clear that up. Condi Rice was an expert on cold war tactics/strategies. There were other reports that as NSA at the time, she first ordered F-16's eastward over the Atlantic believing we were under attack by Russia.

OK. Let me spell this out. Woodward did write something about C. Rice ignoring warnings. But, as the NYT wrote, and I posted, the 9/11 Commission did not find that to be the case and had they found that to be the case, they would have investigated a single bad egg.

It would be much easier to blame and punish an individual for a systemic failure, but unfortunately, it WAS a systemic failure of intelligence. It's easier to jettison a person from a system than to overhaul a bad system.

We still have a long way to go on correcting that.

The Commission worked very hard not to blame any one person, and I think all of the principals should have been grateful. The only one who actually admitted his failure in the process was Richard Clarke.

Douger did not leave this country voluntarily. I know he claims this but i just don't believe him. By reading his posts it looks like he was probably deported or is a criminal on the run. People who leave countries voluntarily usually move on with their lives. Douger clearly hasn't. He still has so much hate & bitterness for "bad ole" America. That kind of bitterness indicates he was likely forced out of this country. He did not leave voluntarily. Not to mention he's an old Hippie who still clings to his rebellious youth. He's probably one of those old Hippies who pulls his few hideous strands of grey hair back into one of those tiny grotesque ponytails. Those old Hippies really are pathetic but pretty funny too. Read his post history. Pretty hilarious stuff. It is likely he's just an old wanted Hippie. I'm just not buying that he left this country voluntarily though. Hey,just my take anyway.

im starting to think that also.....im sure he opened his mouth once to often and got his ass kicked a few times.....im sure the people of Costa Rica were thrilled when this old balding one strand of hair pony tail cowardly American hippie pulled into town and moved in....hey when he left....this Country gained.....Costa Rica.....well they will find out.....im sure most already know.....

Yea there's nothing worse than a whiny old Hippie who hasn't grown up. They really are very unpleasant people. My guess is that Douger is on the run from Johnny Law. I seriously doubt he left this country voluntarily. He's just way too bitter & hateful. He's still stuck in the 60's fighting against "The Man"...In his head anyway. Probably a bit deranged too.

doing to much acid and speed can do that to you....

grabbing my well-worn copy of "the 9/11 Commission Report"...on pages 263 - 265 "The Wall"
"...the 9/11 attacks fell into the void between the foreign and domestic threats....more specifically "Gorelick's Wall". Meaning that the various agencies could not share information, the same Wall torn down after 9/11.

IMHO the Federal agencies did not stop a totally preventable attack because of political correctness or "idealism" for lack of a better root cause. They knew a terror attack was coming "the system was blinking red" to quote Tenet.
Perhaps my counterpoint was lost on you: YOU said that C. Rice specifically ignored warnings. The 9/11 Commission report does not support your bullshit claim.

Now, if you want to widen the goalposts from your original claim, fine But it was bullshit, according to your own source - the 9/11 Commission Report.

Got my book ready to verify your claim that Condi didn't ignore the daily briefing memo warning
August 6, 2001, President's Daily Briefing Memo - SourceWatch

what did she do according to any source? IMHO she played politics instead of doing her job. I'm not blaming only her, but she was a terrible national security adviser. I blame Gorelick's Wall, I blame the FBI (arabs learning to fly but not land?!), losing track of terrorist movements, Moussoui's laptop, Phoenix Memo, anthrax in FL...they had enough intel to know that something big was up...and did nothing.

What exactly should Condi or anyone else done given the vagueness of the 8/6 PDB?

Douger did not leave this country voluntarily. I know he claims this but i just don't believe him. By reading his posts it looks like he was probably deported or is a criminal on the run. People who leave countries voluntarily usually move on with their lives. Douger clearly hasn't. He still has so much hate & bitterness for "bad ole" America. That kind of bitterness indicates he was likely forced out of this country. He did not leave voluntarily. Not to mention he's an old Hippie who still clings to his rebellious youth. He's probably one of those old Hippies who pulls his few hideous strands of grey hair back into one of those tiny grotesque ponytails. Those old Hippies really are pathetic but pretty funny too. Read his post history. Pretty hilarious stuff. It is likely he's just an old wanted Hippie. I'm just not buying that he left this country voluntarily though. Hey,just my take anyway.

im starting to think that also.....im sure he opened his mouth once to often and got his ass kicked a few times.....im sure the people of Costa Rica were thrilled when this old balding one strand of hair pony tail cowardly American hippie pulled into town and moved in....hey when he left....this Country gained.....Costa Rica.....well they will find out.....im sure most already know.....

I think it's funny that people are so quick to believe everthing posted in a profile, or that someone's avatar is actually what that person looks like. Even more hilarious are the folks who claim to be "independents" when they're really just disgruntled Bushites or, more recently, Obamatons.

For all anyone really knows, I might be a 30-something successful businessMAN who endorses Sarah Palin, and I've just been pulling fooling ya'll for a year and a half!!

Perhaps my counterpoint was lost on you: YOU said that C. Rice specifically ignored warnings. The 9/11 Commission report does not support your bullshit claim.

Now, if you want to widen the goalposts from your original claim, fine But it was bullshit, according to your own source - the 9/11 Commission Report.

Got my book ready to verify your claim that Condi didn't ignore the daily briefing memo warning

what did she do according to any source? IMHO she played politics instead of doing her job. I'm not blaming only her, but she was a terrible national security adviser. I blame Gorelick's Wall, I blame the FBI (arabs learning to fly but not land?!), losing track of terrorist movements, Moussoui's laptop, Phoenix Memo, anthrax in FL...they had enough intel to know that something big was up...and did nothing.

What exactly should Condi or anyone else done given the vagueness of the 8/6 PDB?

She should have listened to Clarke and done something. Condi is very bright, but she had no qualifications for national security adviser. I think she came out of Stanford. She should have made the various agencies brainstorm what AQ would try, facilitate a discussion, SOMETHING/ANYTHING would have been better than NOTHING. They apparently assumed that the NSA would figure it out?! The clues were all there but everyone was just sitting in their cubicles looking at their walls like typical government workers.

Nothing, really. I don't think anyone blames her, personally, for the intelligence failure. But just as that PDB was vague, the intel coming from overseas and our own sources only recently which was cause to raise the threat level, and Obama took a lot of heat for actually doing that, because according to some "it was a vague threat." Damned if you do; damned if you don't.

lol! Yea i don't think there's anything worse than a whiny old Hippie. Ole Douger is sill living back in the 60's fighting against "The Man." I'm pretty sure he has no idea how stupid and pathetic he looks and sounds. You just know he's pot-bellied and is bald on top with those little strands of grey hair yanked back into one of those hideous little ponytails. He probably even thinks he looks pretty cool. He says he left voluntarily but i highly doubt that. He is likely on the run from Johnny Law hence all the incoherent bitterness. Just check out all his past posts. Pretty hilarious stuff. It's always all about "The Man" and what he did to poor ole Douger back in the 60's. Sorry but i can't stand whiny old Hippies. They never grow up or move on. That's just how i feel anyway.

Last edited:
I think it's funny that people are so quick to believe everthing posted in a profile, or that someone's avatar is actually what that person looks like. Even more hilarious are the folks who claim to be "independents" when they're really just disgruntled Bushites or, more recently, Obamatons.

For all anyone really knows, I might be a 30-something successful businessMAN who endorses Sarah Palin, and I've just been pulling fooling ya'll for a year and a half!!

you know what i think is funny Maggie.....when someone supports or defends an asshole who puts down Americans with every post.....and with that....it doesnt matter what his profile says...its what the asshole posts that counts.....figure it out....

you know what i think is funny Maggie.....when someone supports or defends an asshole who puts down Americans with every post.....and with that....it doesnt matter what his profile says...its what the asshole posts that counts.....figure it out....

Are you saying I put down America? If not, I wish I knew what/who you were talking about.

Are you saying I put down America? If not, I wish I knew what/who you were talking about.
Douger the talking Moron is the asshole i am talking about Maggs.....it doesnt matter who or what he says he is.....his posts are what i am talking about.....9 out of 10 of his posts he is badmouthing Americans and you will see so-called Americans thanking the jerk....for calling them...assholes .....

Last edited:
Civilian creeps like Kissinger & Richard Perle with gigantic egos and no guts are irrelevant. The fact is that real military heroes do in-fact protect all of us in spite of the pseudo-intellectual scum. Case-in-point Condi ignored the real threat of 9/11. Idealism is the mother of all disasters.

They protect us despite asshole, because that is what they signed up to do.

Protect our rights to be ignorant arrogant assholes in freedom.

Forum List

Back