Attention Atheists: How Was The Earth Created?

Wow. None of you atheists can put out any theory about the creation of the universe without mentioning religion.

You guys haven't thought about it much have you? Sad and pathetic.

I already did in the 3rd post of this thread: "with advanced telescopes, we can see stars and planets being born/formed all over the universe, why would earth be an exception?"

We see quite a few threads from the Religion bashers about how ridiculous it is to believe that God created the Universe. "How can you believe a magical Man in the Sky?" they all ask.

OK then. Here's your chance to prove to me that God didn't create the Universe. Please post any argument you may have or like that proves your ideas.

We will, for the sake of argument in this tread only, say that the Bible doesn't exist. You may not use any reference to the Holy Book or any other Religious book for that matter because you believe it to be false, written by deluded individuals at best right?

I would prefer only Atheists chime in but you wishy-washy "Spiritualists" may also posit your "feelings" about the matter if you wish.

your point? just because something may not be totally understood or proven does not automatically mean there is some kind of mystical magic behind it.

Ironic indeed that you would post this.

OK. If it happened as you say then why and how did that star explode?
You're only showing me an effect, I want the cause.
Branes and strings and divine noodley things...:clap2::lol:

Branes and strings and divine noodley things....FOFLOL

Star run out of fuel, go "boom".

Star hit star, go "boom".

It's that star going "boom" that creates all the heavy elements that make up the earth and even us. We are the children of "exploded stars". How cool is that? Much better than "shimmered into being from dirt".

Then explain where Stars came from.

I already did in the 3rd post of this thread: "with advanced telescopes, we can see stars and planets being born/formed all over the universe, why would earth be an exception?"
How were the Stars actually formed? The complete mechanical/chemical/whatever process. You haven't even come close to explaining that.

Fail.

P.S. The Earth formed from the nebula of matter that collected around our star as it became a center of nuclear fusion and gravity.
Where did the "matter of nebula" come from and how was it formed? How did it become a "center of nuclear fusion" as you say?

At least you're trying, unlike some people in this thread.

Amazing that so far ONLY EARTH was hit by stars that had the ''right'' elements to get us going...also amazing that only earth, so far, has water....others may have had water, but they don't now...wonder why?

Amazing how earth was impacted by a huge mass that shifted its axis angle to the sun giving us our 24 hour days and the moderate seasons throughout the year that supports abundant life!

Amazing that we eventually acquired our moon, the right distance and the right size, whose gravitational pull keeps us in the precise position from the sun to maintain our days and nights, tides, and weather!

Science is amazing! :)

care

How were the Stars actually formed? The complete mechanical/chemical/whatever process. You haven't even come close to explaining that.

Fail.

Are you just pretending to be dense?

The stars are formed by gravity from gases that coalesce into stars.

Planets are formed from gravity as well, but bringing rocks and stuff together.

How was the earth formed?

According to some economists everything in the universe is subject to market forces.

So, perhaps it was forged out of the elements of the universe as some kind of real estate development?

Simple.
Beacause if a God really created a whole universe how did he fuck this up ?
I mean. To completely fuck up an advanced chimp and you expect he created a perfect, functioning universe ?

Simple.
I mean. To completely fuck up an advanced chimp and you expect he created a perfect, functioning universe ?

Not only that, why are so many of his planets dead?

How do those gasses "know" how to coalesce into stars?
How do those rocks and stuff as you describe it "know" how to form into planets?
Or are they being guided by some as yet undiscovered scientific force?

Go on...
Let's get down to the basics here....I have no idea how the universe or the earth came about. What does that have to do with any god?
At least you admit you don't know what's going on. But then you bring Religion into it which is against the thread rules.

Half-Fail.
Simple.
How do you know it's "fucked up"? On what do you base that assertion?
How do you know that this universe isn't already perfect? Have you seen a universe that functions better?
Not only that, why are so many of his planets dead?
Maybe the living planet earths' survival depends on the dead ones? Maybe they're not "dead", just playing a supporting role for the "live" one? I don't know.
What's your idea on that?
Science answers the how, but religion theorizes as to why.
If it's not "scientific" theory, then it's just "made up". To believe in "made up" is called "delusional".
What's the difference between Scientific Theory and Religious Theory? Seems to me that both can't be proven.

How do those rocks and stuff as you describe it "know" how to form into planets?

Go on...
Let's get down to the basics here....I have no idea how the universe or the earth came about. What does that have to do with any god?
At least you admit you don't know what's going on. But then you bring Religion into it which is against the thread rules.

Half-Fail.

How do you know it's "fucked up"? On what do you base that assertion?

How do you know that this universe isn't already perfect? Have you seen a universe that functions better?

Maybe the living planet earths' survival depends on the dead ones? Maybe they're not "dead", just playing a supporting role for the "live" one? I don't know.
What's your idea on that?
Science answers the how, but religion theorizes as to why.
If it's not "scientific" theory, then it's just "made up". To believe in "made up" is called "delusional".
What's the difference between Scientific Theory and Religious Theory? Seems to me that both can't be proven.

scientific theory has evidence that points to its possibility, religious theory is just made up stuff.

Go on...

Ever heard of G-R-A-V-I-T-Y? :cuckoo:

From wiki:

Pre-solar nebula
The nebular hypothesis maintains that the Solar System formed from the gravitational collapse of a fragment of a giant molecular cloud which likely was several light-years across. Until a few decades ago, the conventional view was that the Sun formed in relative isolation, but studies of ancient meteorites reveal traces of short-lived isotopes such as iron-60 which only form in exploding, short-lived stars. This indicates that a number of supernovae occurred near the Sun while it was forming. A shock wave from one of these supernovae may have triggered the formation of the Sun by creating regions of over-density within the cloud, causing these regions to collapse. Because only massive, short-lived stars produce supernovae, the Sun must have formed in a large star-forming region which produced massive stars, possibly similar to the Orion nebula.

One of these regions of collapsing gas (known as the pre-solar nebula) would form what became the Solar System. This region had a diameter of between 7000 and 20,000 astronomical units (AU) and a mass just over that of the Sun. Its composition was about the same as that of the Sun today, with Hydrogen, along with helium and trace amounts of lithium produced by Big Bang nucleosynthesis, forming about 98% of its mass. The remaining 2% of the mass consisted of heavier elements that were created by nucleosynthesis in earlier generations of stars. Late in the life of these stars, they ejected heavier elements into the interstellar medium.

Because of the conservation of angular momentum, the nebula spun faster as it collapsed. As the material within the nebula condensed, the atoms within it began to collide with increasing frequency, converting their kinetic energy into heat. The center, where most of the mass collected, became increasingly hotter than the surrounding disc. Over about 100,000 years, the competing forces of gravity, gas pressure, magnetic fields, and rotation caused the contracting nebula to flatten into a spinning protoplanetary disc with a diameter of ~200 AU and form a hot, dense protostar (a star in which hydrogen fusion has not yet begun) at the center.

At this point in its evolution, the Sun is believed to have been a T Tauri star. Studies of T Tauri stars show that they are often accompanied by discs of pre-planetary matter with masses of 0.001–0.1 solar masses. These discs extend to several hundred AU—the Hubble Space Telescope has observed protoplanetary discs of up to 1000 AU in diameter in star-forming regions such as the Orion Nebula—and are rather cool, reaching only a thousand kelvins at their hottest. Within 50 million years, the temperature and pressure at the core of the Sun became so great that its hydrogen began to fuse, creating an internal source of energy which countered the force of gravitational contraction until hydrostatic equilibrium was achieved. This marked the Sun's entry into the prime phase of its life, known as the main sequence. Main sequence stars are those which derive their energy from the fusion of hydrogen into helium in their cores. The Sun remains a main sequence star today.

Formation of planets
The various planets are thought to have formed from the solar nebula, the disc-shaped cloud of gas and dust left over from the Sun's formation. The currently accepted method by which the planets formed is known as accretion, in which the planets began as dust grains in orbit around the central protostar. Through direct contact, these grains formed into clumps between one and ten kilometres (km) in diameter, which in turn collided to form larger bodies (planetesimals) of ~5 km in size. These gradually increased through further collisions, growing at the rate of centimetres per year over the course of the next few million years.

The inner Solar System, the region of the Solar System inside 4 AU, was too warm for volatile molecules like water and methane to condense, so the planetesimals which formed there could only form from compounds with high melting points, such as metals (like iron, nickel, and aluminium) and rocky silicates. These rocky bodies would become the terrestrial planets (Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars). These compounds are quite rare in the universe, comprising only 0.6% of the mass of the nebula, so the terrestrial planets could not grow very large. The terrestrial embryos grew to about 0.05 Earth masses and ceased accumulating matter about 100,000 years after the formation of the Sun; subsequent collisions and mergers between these planet-sized bodies allowed terrestrial planets to grow to their present sizes.

I'm not an atheist, BTW.

Forum List

Back