Atlanta Braves interested in signing Tim Tebow!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Awesome, that's all I was hoping for that he would get a shot. The guy has upper body strength for days and if he develops who knows? He will no doubt have to prove himself at a couple minor league levels. He will be a big draw no matter where he plays.

Tebow achieved success in the NFL and is (possibly) getting a chance to make it in baseball. He won't get handed anything and will work up through the minors and if doesn't cut it he won't play an inning in the Big Leagues just like Jordan never did. Bo Jackson and Deon Sanders did because they had the skills.

It's an insult to athletes that have spent their entire lives busting their asses to hone their baseball skills for Tebow to make headlines by deciding he can learn how to play in a few months.
Learn how to play? He was a standout player before college. He's young enough that his skills can still catch back up to his body

There's guys you've never heard of and may never hear of because they didn't make it to the bigs, that were originally signed for 7 figure deals. I'm not sure how this is any kind of insult to anyone

It's an insult to athletes that have spent their entire lives busting their asses to hone their baseball skills for Tebow to make headlines by deciding he can learn how to play in a few months.
Learn how to play? He was a standout player before college. He's young enough that his skills can still catch back up to his body
Oh so he was good when he played against nobody's over 10 years ago. Good for him for trying I guess, but don't be a dope and act like this will actually work out for him.

Oh so he was good when he played against nobody's over 10 years ago. Good for him for trying I guess, but don't be a dope and act like this will actually work out for him.
Didn't every pro baseball star play against nobodies in high school? The only thing the guy has going against him is the amount of time away. I have no illusions that he's just going to come right out there and erase a 10 year gap in a day. I'm just saying that if he had the skill set that would've traditionally been required of someone that could have had a shot in the pros to begin with, then he's young enough still that he could eventually catch back up.

Or maybe he won't. But I don't understand why someone has a problem with a team giving him that chance

It isn't an insult, he went to a workout if he doesn't have it, then no one looks at him. Just the same as Jordan. I don't think he can make it but it is his goal to pursue. Why do we care if he makes a run at baseball?

It isn't an insult, he went to a workout if he doesn't have it, then no one looks at him. Just the same as Jordan. I don't think he can make it but it is his goal to pursue. Why do we care if he makes a run at baseball?
Because he's a conservative and professes his faith publicly without remorse and that's just AWFUL

Didn't every pro baseball star play against nobodies in high school? The only thing the guy has going against him is the amount of time away. I have no illusions that he's just going to come right out there and erase a 10 year gap in a day. I'm just saying that if he had the skill set that would've traditionally been required of someone that could have had a shot in the pros to begin with, then he's young enough still that he could eventually catch back up.

Or maybe he won't. But I don't understand why someone has a problem with a team giving him that chance
Well if nothing else, it'll sell jerseys and tickets for teams that are rebuilding and can afford to pay for a sideshow

I don't care about his religion, it's irrelevant to whether he plays or deserves to play.

To hate someone or think they don't deserve a chance because of their beliefs is hateful, bigoted ignorance.

Because he's a conservative and professes his faith publicly without remorse and that's just AWFUL
Aw you poor victim

Aw you poor victim
Lol what? I'm not even religious. I just couldn't care less if a player kneels to his higher power or writes bible verses in his eye black. The only reason he became a distraction is the media. It's a much healthier distraction though, then sitting out the national anthem and complaining about police injustice and government oppression while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt

Aw you poor victim
Lol what? I'm not even religious. I just couldn't care less if a player kneels to his higher power or writes bible verses in his eye black. The only reason he became a distraction is the media. It's a much healthier distraction though, then sitting out the national anthem and complaining about police injustice and government oppression while wearing a Fidel Castro shirt
You're just upset because Kapaernick professes his beliefs publicly without remorse and that's just AWFUL

Aw you poor victim
You're just upset because Kapaernick professes his beliefs publicly without remorse and that's just AWFUL
I didn't care one way or the other until he wore the Castro shirt and proved he was a fucking moron

Aw you poor victim
I didn't care one way or the other until he wore the Castro shirt and proved he was a fucking moron
Yes that was very ignorant of him

Well if nothing else, it'll sell jerseys and tickets for teams that are rebuilding and can afford to pay for a sideshow

That is exactly it. Tebow will sell tickets. It is a sideshow.

Tebow is a long shot, but what he has going for him is a solid swing, massive upper body strength and decent speed. And yes it is a money business and he will boost sales wherever he goes.

Forum List

Back