Atheists want to ban the word "heaven"

So what you're saying is that you can't show atheism linked to those deaths? Got it.

Yeah, that'll work. Just scream "NUH UNH" a little louder - then the stats on democide by the Atheist empires of communism will vanish. BUT you have to scream LOUDER!

ROFL

Fucking retard - you truly are funny.

I see where it says communism, but you've yet to show that atheism was the driving force or reason behind any of those deaths.

I get it, you subscribe to the guilt by association model.

So with that in mind.

Osama Bin Laden was a religious man.
Osama Bin Laden killed thousands of Americans under the name of religion.
Anyone who believes in religion must also be a terrorist.

A group of New York City atheists is demanding that the city remove a street sign honoring seven firefighters killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks because they say the sign violates the separation of church and state.

The street, “Seven in Heaven Way,” was officially dedicated last weekend in Brooklyn outside the firehouse where the firefighters once served. The ceremony was attended by dozens of firefighters, city leaders and widows of the fallen men.

David Silverman, president of American Atheists, agreed calling on the city to remove the sign. “It implies that heaven actually exists,” Silverman told Fox News Radio.

But the city has no intention of removing the sign. If that’s the case, Bronstein said he may consider a lawsuit.
Read more: New York Atheists Angry Over 'Heaven' Street Sign Honoring Sept. 11 Victims - FoxNews.com

Extreme, radical, fundamentalist, zealots. :evil:

Considering Army street in SF...a street named to honor all who served in the Army....was considered to be war mongering and no longer something to honor...and was changed to cesar chaves....

I don't see changing heaven much of a problem....

Cesar Chavez Signs Go Up On S.F.'s Former Army Street - SFGate

I didn't claim christians killed more or as many, I asked you to back your claim, and you've been unable to do so.

Your inability to read or think does not equate to my not providing the data.

Go back on your meds, you may be able to comprehend what is posted....

Good waving of the white flag, predictable.

You say atheists are responsible for the most deaths in humankind history, provide an 87 year period of people you proclaim to be atheists, provide no deathcount of any time period for believers, and voila! We have ourselves "irrefutable proof."

did they carpet-bomb the shit out of the country?

Carpet bombing is "peace time, civilian deaths?"

I did n o t k n o w t h a t ......

The things one can learn from leftists!

COM.TAB1.GIF

please point out where atheists peace time civilian deaths is mentioned in this table.

and after that tell me, e.g., how the partisans in yugoslavia from 1941 to 1944 managed to cause 50000-150000 peace time civilian deaths

The last Crusade and the Inquisition ended more than 700 years ago. There were small pockets of injustices done in the name of the Church in Spain's conquest of the American southwest more than 400 years ago and in Colonial America some 260 years ago. Since that time there have been no conquests, massacres, or broad based punative measures of any kind advocated by the Christian Church anywhere. Those who have gone to war have not done so in the name of the Church.

Just this past week Egyptians were burning Christian Churches because of rumors that az new church building would be built. Radical Muslims are pledged to destroy all infidels in the name of Allah. In the 20th Century totalitarian leaders banned all religion, most especially Judaism and Christianity, and massacred millions.

The vast majority of the world's orphanages, free hospitals, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, schools provided for the world's poorest people, leper colonies, and other ministries of mercy and relief are funded and staffed by Christians.

Those who want to paint Christians as the blood thirsty evil people of the world are not only prejudicial and ignorant, they are bigots.

And what the idiots don't realize is this...those deaths were caused because STATE stepped in to tell people what they should believe.

And the CRUSADES were a push BACK at Islam, which was systematically wiping out Christians and conquering the world, and in fact was literally banging at the gates of Europe. Literally.

It doesn't matter if you're atheist or Christian...if you expect the state to punish people based on their faith or lack of it, you are a fascist and tyrant. It is not *freedom* to shut people down, to bar their access to certain professions, to punish them for their faith, to prevent them from openly adhering to their faith. It is oppression and human rights violations to visit those things upon peaceful believers, and we are specifically protected with regards to our expression of religion. The Constitution was created SPECIFICALLY to prevent that shit from happening.

Not that the bigoted fascists care. They would gladly see Christians slaughtered. They find it amusing.

Last edited:
And there is no wall of separation. It's a lie promoted by the anti-Christian fascists who want to put a halt to religious freedom and freedom of speech.

did they carpet-bomb the shit out of the country?

Carpet bombing is "peace time, civilian deaths?"

I did n o t k n o w t h a t ......

The things one can learn from leftists!

COM.TAB1.GIF

please point out where atheists peace time civilian deaths is mentioned in this table.

and after that tell me, e.g., how the partisans in yugoslavia from 1941 to 1944 managed to cause 50000-150000 peace time civilian deaths

It wasn't done 'in the name of Atheism'. But wherever you see the big numbers, an Atheist was in charge and religion, most especially Judaism and Christianity, had been outlawed. So who would most likely be targeted when those thousands or millions of people were slaughtered? Atheists who supported the regime? Or citizens who clung to the old life?

Ah yes - you are a leftist. Words carry no particular meaning for you...

{Democide is meant to define the killing by government as the concept of murder does individual killing in domestic society. Here intentionality (premeditation) is critical. This also includes practical intentionality. If a government causes deaths through a reckless and depraved indifference to human life, the deaths were as though intended. If through neglect a mother lets her baby die of malnutrition, this is murder. If we imprison a girl in our home, force her to do exhausting work throughout the day, not even minimally feed and clothe her, and watch her gradually die a little each day without helping her, then her inevitable death is not only our fault, but our practical intention. It is murder. Similarly, for example, as the Soviet government forcibly transported political prisoners to labor camps hundreds of thousands of them died at the hands of criminals or guards, or from heat, cold, and inadequate food and water. Although not intended (indeed, this deprived the regime of their labor), the deaths were still public murder. It was democide. }

Definition of Democide (Genocide and Mass Murder)

Sometimes I imagine that I am dealing with fully fleshed, rational beings, rather than the cardboard caricatures that you leftists are.

no. there is a wall. the radical religious right hates it because it keeps them from turning this country into a theocracy.

Yeah, because if this were a theocracy, simply having a word from a competing religion in a street sign would bring about the wrath of the ecumenical rulers in government...

ROFL

Stupidity blossoms in you like dandelions on an unkempt lawn....

And there is no wall of separation. It's a lie promoted by the anti-Christian fascists who want to put a halt to religious freedom and freedom of speech.

no. there is a wall. the radical religious right hates it because it keeps them from turning this country into a theocracy.

sorry, hon.

The radical religious right doesn't hate it, and the majority of Americans who do not believe it exists are not radical religious righties.

The wall doesn't exist. See my siggy. It's a fantasy that has been fabricated in order to JUSTIFY state interference in RELIGION.

Ah yes - you are a leftist. Words carry no particular meaning for you...

{Democide is meant to define the killing by government as the concept of murder does individual killing in domestic society. Here intentionality (premeditation) is critical. This also includes practical intentionality. If a government causes deaths through a reckless and depraved indifference to human life, the deaths were as though intended. If through neglect a mother lets her baby die of malnutrition, this is murder. If we imprison a girl in our home, force her to do exhausting work throughout the day, not even minimally feed and clothe her, and watch her gradually die a little each day without helping her, then her inevitable death is not only our fault, but our practical intention. It is murder. Similarly, for example, as the Soviet government forcibly transported political prisoners to labor camps hundreds of thousands of them died at the hands of criminals or guards, or from heat, cold, and inadequate food and water. Although not intended (indeed, this deprived the regime of their labor), the deaths were still public murder. It was democide. }

Definition of Democide (Genocide and Mass Murder)

Sometimes I imagine that I am dealing with fully fleshed, rational beings, rather than the cardboard caricatures that you leftists are.

nice definition, requires a gubmint, e.g..

how do the partisans in yugoslavia fit into that?

how does your table filter deaths of civilians occurring in nazi occupied yugoslavia while in peace time caused by atheists from deaths occurring during wwii in nazi occupied yugoslavia (partisans). caused by gubmint, and atheists.

tell me, how do they filter the death toll in soviet russia caused by wwii actions from the peace time deaths during wwii?

how do they do it in afghanistan during the soviet occupation in peace time?

and in vietnam, laos, cambodia?

i have no problem with the grenada stats, though.

definitely a great table you offered.

Wouldn't that question better be put to Dr. Rummel, head of the humanities dept. for the University of Hawaii, who wrote the book I am quoting from?

how does your table filter deaths of civilians occurring in nazi occupied yugoslavia while in peace time caused by atheists from deaths occurring during wwii in nazi occupied yugoslavia (partisans). caused by gubmint, and atheists.

If you had the capacity to reason, you would grasp that I specified the USSR, China and Cambodia as Atheist democide.

tell me, how do they filter the death toll in soviet russia caused by wwii actions from the peace time deaths during wwii?

The methodology is well explained by Dr. Rummel - not that you actually have so much as a hint of intellectual curiosity. You are hoping to distract from the facts so as not to have to address them.

Atheists can learn a great deal from being tolerant as they ask us to be with them. We can accept the fact that religious applications cannot be acceptable around public buildings, but we don't have to alter our language for their satisfaction in the meantime.

BTW, I would say Heaven would begin with a capital letter. It really is that important. But I will be tolerant enough, not to demand it. Lol.

Wouldn't that question better be put to Dr. Rummel, head of the humanities dept. for the University of Hawaii, who wrote the book I am quoting from?

If you had the capacity to reason, you would grasp that I specified the USSR, China and Cambodia as Atheist democide.

The methodology is well explained by Dr. Rummel - not that you actually have so much as a hint of intellectual curiosity. You are hoping to distract from the facts so as not to have to address them.

a punt to rummel, haha, while yourself specified democide even further.

you took a squishy concept and hit it with your 10 thumbs until the preconceived result magically appeared, namely that atheists killed more than people than whatever, i forgot your silly premise.

and you post about intellectual curiosity.

and about facts. hahah

HANDS OFF MY BOOZE, bozo.

a punt to rummel, haha, while yourself specified democide even further.

You're not very bright and obviously didn't make it very far in your education. The onus on me to support my assertions ends at my own statements.

If you have issues with the methodology used by the undisputed authority on the subject, take it up with him.

I'm always amused at those who seek to impugn Shirer on the Third Reich or Rummel on democide. I think they fancy themselves clever...

Can you say "EPIC FAIL?"

I knew you could.....

sorry, hon.

The radical religious right doesn't hate it, and the majority of Americans who do not believe it exists are not radical religious righties.

The wall doesn't exist. See my siggy. It's a fantasy that has been fabricated in order to JUSTIFY state interference in RELIGION.

The wall statement is just an expression to describe the interplay between the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause. The former prohibits gov't establishment of religion, the latter protects private celebration of religion.

But, in fact, both the Establishment Clause and the Free Exercise Clause were meant to protect religion from gov't interference. The protestant theologian and prominent Rhode Islander Roger Williams wrote that the state has no business with the Ten Commandments that govern God's relationship with man, and may only enforce Commandments that governed man's relationship with other men. For him, the attempt to compel belief, even true belief, was hateful and odious. Thus, the Establishment Clause protects the sanctity of religion every bit as much as the Free Exercise Clause.

sorry, hon.

The only 'wall' in the Constitution intended by the Founders is that the federal government is not allowed any authority or abiity to dictate any form of religion to any citizen including rewarding or punishing the people for what they believe and no citizen shall be subject to any religious test in order to qualify for federal public office.

There was no intention that there would be no religious symbols, imagery, poetry, music, art, etc. allowed within or in or around the government or that government officials wold not express their religious views and convictions.

In my opinion, the courts, aided and abetted by an opportunistic and self-serving ACLU, have greatly corrupted the original concept.

Forum List

Back