Atheist Stand to Lose the Most.

☭proletarian☭;1827423 said:
People take this stupidity seriously?

For one thing, belief is not a conscious decision.

I disagree... I think people choose their belief systems quite deliberately... sometimes to a fault.

You're right.

As much as you might want to, you can't make yourself believe in something that you don't .

You can't decide for yourself? :eek:

Then you have my empathy. You are weak and easily led.​

You're right.

As much as you might want to, you can't make yourself believe in something that you don't .

I could sit here all day and tell myself I believe but if I really don't, what's the point?

Just a useless mental exercise.

And you're the one who's easily led, telling yourself that you believe in nonsense.

You're right.

I could sit here all day and tell myself I believe but if I really don't, what's the point?

Just a useless mental exercise.

And you're the one who's easily led, telling yourself that you believe in nonsense.

If you can't convince yourself of one belief, then you obviously believe in something else... don't discount the belief if your conclusion is simply "I don't know..."

The beliefs that led you there are just as valid as those that lead to conclusions more easily grasped and chewed on.

Of course it's a conscious decision.

Why are people so quick to conclude they cant chose who they are?

Why do you argue something other than my rebuttal?

It's very dishonest on your part.

I disagree... I think people choose their belief systems quite deliberately... sometimes to a fault.

Changing your statements or your rhetoric is not the same as changing what you truly believe. I can easily write like Kent Hovind (though trying to sound so stupid hurts my brain) or argue ion favour in revisionist Judaism better than most believers, but I that doesn't effect my true belief that such systems are incorrect.

You seem to believe that atheist choose whether to believe in god or not.

Athiests are aware of religious teachings but just don't believe it is true. You could fake it but in the end, if there is a god, he would know you didn't really believe

If i'm wrong about God, when i die i lose nothing.But when the atheist dies if they're wrong they lose it all.
:cuckoo:

You're assuming that God, if it existed, would give a shit if any one believes in it's existence or not. In fact, it's quite possible it might be pissed about how it was represented by religious leaders and prefer the agnostics and atheists because they are smart and wait for evidence first before making assumptions about God.

If I were a god, I'd be angrier at those who believed in the wrong god than none at all, I suppose.

If i'm wrong about God, when i die i lose nothing.But when the atheist dies if they're wrong they lose it all.

Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher Blaise Pascal that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should wager as though God exists, because living life accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. It was set out in note 233 of his Pensées, a posthumously published collection of notes made by Pascal in his last years as he worked on a treatise on Christian apologetics.
Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think actually following this reason is insincere. And I think God would rather someone be honest with themselves than pretend to believe.
:clap2:I wish I could rep you again.

if im wrong, as an atheist, i get to go to hell instead of beeing dead and nothing else.

ill be punished by the devil for not having known that god existed during my life.
by eternal torture.
man that would suck. i wander if theres any way out of there once youre in.
do i really have to burn alive and be poked by sharp needles forever then? :(
Anyone who thinks like you do is already in hell.

My belief system is both a conscious and unconscious decision. It's based on both logic and faith. Both my head and my gut agree on this one.

☭proletarian☭;1827778 said:

I am arguing your very point. You claim you cant chose to be a believer or a non-believer. You act as though you have no say in who you are. I think that's ridiculous.

Froggy, if you are like most believers I know you ... "fear God". This has always bothered me. Why in the world would you want to spend eternity in the company of a god who has ...

1. Given us the 'free choice' between loving him or burning for all eternity ( Isn't this blatant coersion? What value could your god possibly place on the love granted him through threat of eternal agony, and torture? )

2. Created hell in the first place

3. Shown a psychopathic need for adulation and worship

4. Shown a complete disdain for women

5. Impregnated a 14 year old girl ( who clearly wasn't capable of consenting ... no hot 18 year old virgin in ALL the land? Riiiiight! )

6. Cast his children into a barren wasteland for seeking nothing more than knowledge

7. Bargained with Abraham over the number of 'righteous men' in Sodom, then failed to realize that Lott lived there, too ( was not Lott righteous? )

8. Never cared about the righteous WOMEN, or CHILDREN, or SLAVES who ALSO resided in Sodom ( unless we are to believe it was populated only by homosexual male adults ... except for Lott's wife and daughters )

9. SLAUGHTERED ( MURDERED ) every single person there ... and just for good measure all the inhabitants of Gomora, too

10. Showed us all his disgust for homosexuality, but in the same breath condoned incest ( all chatty-Cathy with Abraham, but someone was missing in action when Lott's retarded daughters were getting him drunk and screwing his brains out night after night ...) ???????? So why didn't he mention there was no need to screw their Dad, as there were in fact PLENTY OF OTHER HUMANS on earth at that time? And was Lott really all that drunk? So tell me where in your 'good book' does it say ... "DON"T FUCK YOUR DAUGHTERS"?

THIS is the GOD you think is so adorable? You really want to spend eternity with this nutbag?

Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1827778 said:

I am arguing your very point. You claim you cant chose to be a believer or a non-believer. You act as though you have no say in who you are. I think that's ridiculous.
Who you are and whether you believe a given claim are not the same thing

☭proletarian☭;1827783 said:

Changing your statements or your rhetoric is not the same as changing what you truly believe. I can easily write like Kent Hovind (though trying to sound so stupid hurts my brain) or argue ion favour in revisionist Judaism better than most believers, but I that doesn't effect my true belief that such systems are incorrect.

Proletarian... if you're going to hang out here in America, you need to learn a few things...

First rule of capitalism: You don't have to believe in something to make money selling it.

Froggy, if you are like most believers I know you ... "fear God". This has always bothered me. Why in the world would you want to spend eternity in the company of a god who has ...

1. Given us the 'free choice' between loving him or burning for all eternity ( Isn't this blatant coercion? What value could your god possibly place on the love granted him through threat of eternal agony, and torture? )

2. Created hell in the first place

3. Shown a psychopathic need for adulation and worship

4. Shown a complete disdain for women

5. Impregnated a 14 year old girl ( who clearly wasn't capable of consenting ... no hot 18 year old virgin in ALL the land? Riiiiight! )

6. Cast his children into a barren wasteland for seeking nothing more than knowledge

7. Bargained with Abraham over the number of 'righteous men' in Sodom, then failed to realize that Lott lived there, too ( was not Lott righteous? )

8. Never cared about the righteous WOMEN, or CHILDREN, or SLAVES who ALSO resided in Sodom ( unless we are to believe it was populated only by homosexual male adults ... except for Lott's wife and daughters )

9. SLAUGHTERED ( MURDERED ) every single person there ... and just for good measure all the inhabitants of Gomora, too

10. Showed us all his disgust for homosexuality, but in the same breath condoned incest ( all chatty-Cathy with Abraham, but someone was missing in action when Lott's retarded daughters were getting him drunk and screwing his brains out night after night ...) ???????? So why didn't he mention there was no need to screw their Dad, as there were in fact PLENTY OF OTHER HUMANS on earth at that time? And was Lott really all that drunk? So tell me where in your 'good book' does it say ... "DON"T FUCK YOUR DAUGHTERS"?

THIS is the GOD you think is so adorable? You really want to spend eternity with this nutbag?

Am I missing something here?
You were given freewill to choose, if it was as you tell it he would not have given you free will you'd just been destroyed for doing evil. As for sodom it was destroyed because Abraham failed to find ten righteous men. As far as the daughters it was there evilness to get their father drunk to have sex with him to gain something for themselves (another example of free will) And yes heaven will be glorious.
Does God strike you down every time you sin? He doesn't even demand you choose him, he left the choice to you. So accept the consequences for your decision

Last edited:
Proletarian... if you're going to hang out here in America, you need to learn a few things...

First rule of capitalism: You don't have to believe in something to make money selling it.

the fact that that applies to religion is just... sad...

Forum List

Back