Astroturf campaign: Hillary's paid trolls

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Here is a release on Hillary paying trolls to create multiple anonymous accounts online to express faux outrage on Hillary's behalf.

We've had some USMB posters admit they're being paid as well. And I've noticed that some quick posts more and more seem to be extracted from data bases, copy and paste sh** straight from the campaign and/or surrogates.

The Clinton SuperPAC Correct the Record, which is affiliated with her campaign, acknowledged in an April press release that it was spending $1 million on project “Breaking Barriers” to pay people to respond to negative information about Clinton on social media sites like Facebook, Reddit, Instagram and Twitter.

That amount has since increased to over $6 million. The trolls create a false impression that Clinton has more support than she really does, because one supporter will frequently create multiple anonymous accounts.

Libby Watson of The Sunlight Foundation observed that the astroturf effort goes far beyond merely defending Clinton, to targeting and intimidating those who criticize her. She told The Daily Beast, “This seems to be going after essentially random individuals online.”

Brian Donahue, chief executive of the consulting firm Craft Media/Digital, explained the troll operation to The Los Angeles Times, “It is meant to appear to be coming organically from people and their social media networks in a groundswell of activism, when in fact it is highly paid and highly tactical.” He went on, “That is what the Clinton campaign has always been about. It runs the risk of being exactly what their opponents accuse them of being: a campaign that appears to be populist but is a smokescreen that is paid and brought to you by lifetime political operatives and high-level consultants.”

Five months ago, the Trump subreddit /r/The_Donald warned, “We are being brigaded by Clinton super PAC shills. Quick, post pics upsetting to Hillary.” Users posted messages like this, “I saw like 4 today, new account and 40 pro hillary comments. Said she was a mom in one post and an asian student in another. Deleted account after someone called her out.”

The moderators of the Sanders subreddit /r/SandersForPresident wrote that the “Bernie Bro” concept was created by fake accounts in order to “establish a narrative that Bernie’s supporters are all racist, sexist young males who harass people online.” David Fredrick, co-founder and moderator of the subreddit, told The Atlantic

David Brock, a former right-wing activist who now works for Clinton and started the left-wing site Media Matters which ruthlessly targets conservatives, is credited with creating the online trolling project. After the actor Tim Robbins, a Sanders supporter, received a barrage of tweets attacking him for speculating about election fraud hurting Sanders, Robbins responded to 88 different accounts with this tweet, “Dear @CorrectRecord operatives, Thank you for following today’s talking points. Your check is in the mail. Signed, @davidbrockdc.”

Savvy Reddit users outed one of the Clinton staffers, Adam Parkhomenko, her director of grassroots engagement, who was apparently posting anonymously on the site threatening Trump supporters. Under the username rcMI9HXF, he wrote, “Warning- participation in this slanderous witch hunt will result in legal action. Mrs. Clinton has been made aware of your childish attempt to slander her and her supporters. There will be consequences for your actions.” When Reddit users guessed he was being paid by Clinton, he responded, “I am just an average Joe fed up with the blatant lies you people are slinging towards HRC. I’m a Bush supporter and volunteer, actually.” But when they discovered his home address, he finally admitted his real identity, “You can call me Adam. My buddies call me A.park.”

When the “Deport Racism” website popped up, showing Hispanic children using profanity in reference to Trump and beating a pinata image of him, it appeared to come from the Sanders campaign. There was a link from the site to Sanders’ campaign site, implying that Sanders was the preferable candidate on immigration. But buried in the source code were links that appeared to be left over from another site called “Bill for First Lady 2016,” which was created by Clinton staffer Luke Montgomery. Outed, Montgomery removed the link to Sanders’ website. Montgomery, who came to prominence for his AIDs activism in the 1990s going by the name “Luke Sissyfag,” also deceptively registered a PAC called Feel the Bern.

The anonymous fake accounts come are nothing new for Clinton. In 2007, paid campaign staffers and volunteers on her campaign were caught creating anonymous accounts to artificially inflate her support. The influential Blue Hampshire blog discovered the ruse, when several anonymous accounts were all created in succession on the site from the same Clinton campaign IP address, which then bolstered pro-Clinton diaries.

Here is a release on Hillary paying trolls to create multiple anonymous accounts online to express faux outrage on Hillary's behalf.

We've had some USMB posters admit they're being paid as well. And I've noticed that some quick posts more and more seem to be extracted from data bases, copy and paste sh** straight from the campaign and/or surrogates.

The Clinton SuperPAC Correct the Record, which is affiliated with her campaign, acknowledged in an April press release that it was spending $1 million on project “Breaking Barriers” to pay people to respond to negative information about Clinton on social media sites like Facebook, Reddit, Instagram and Twitter.

That amount has since increased to over $6 million. The trolls create a false impression that Clinton has more support than she really does, because one supporter will frequently create multiple anonymous accounts.

Libby Watson of The Sunlight Foundation observed that the astroturf effort goes far beyond merely defending Clinton, to targeting and intimidating those who criticize her. She told The Daily Beast, “This seems to be going after essentially random individuals online.”

Brian Donahue, chief executive of the consulting firm Craft Media/Digital, explained the troll operation to The Los Angeles Times, “It is meant to appear to be coming organically from people and their social media networks in a groundswell of activism, when in fact it is highly paid and highly tactical.” He went on, “That is what the Clinton campaign has always been about. It runs the risk of being exactly what their opponents accuse them of being: a campaign that appears to be populist but is a smokescreen that is paid and brought to you by lifetime political operatives and high-level consultants.”

Five months ago, the Trump subreddit /r/The_Donald warned, “We are being brigaded by Clinton super PAC shills. Quick, post pics upsetting to Hillary.” Users posted messages like this, “I saw like 4 today, new account and 40 pro hillary comments. Said she was a mom in one post and an asian student in another. Deleted account after someone called her out.”

The moderators of the Sanders subreddit /r/SandersForPresident wrote that the “Bernie Bro” concept was created by fake accounts in order to “establish a narrative that Bernie’s supporters are all racist, sexist young males who harass people online.” David Fredrick, co-founder and moderator of the subreddit, told The Atlantic

David Brock, a former right-wing activist who now works for Clinton and started the left-wing site Media Matters which ruthlessly targets conservatives, is credited with creating the online trolling project. After the actor Tim Robbins, a Sanders supporter, received a barrage of tweets attacking him for speculating about election fraud hurting Sanders, Robbins responded to 88 different accounts with this tweet, “Dear @CorrectRecord operatives, Thank you for following today’s talking points. Your check is in the mail. Signed, @davidbrockdc.”

Savvy Reddit users outed one of the Clinton staffers, Adam Parkhomenko, her director of grassroots engagement, who was apparently posting anonymously on the site threatening Trump supporters. Under the username rcMI9HXF, he wrote, “Warning- participation in this slanderous witch hunt will result in legal action. Mrs. Clinton has been made aware of your childish attempt to slander her and her supporters. There will be consequences for your actions.” When Reddit users guessed he was being paid by Clinton, he responded, “I am just an average Joe fed up with the blatant lies you people are slinging towards HRC. I’m a Bush supporter and volunteer, actually.” But when they discovered his home address, he finally admitted his real identity, “You can call me Adam. My buddies call me A.park.”

When the “Deport Racism” website popped up, showing Hispanic children using profanity in reference to Trump and beating a pinata image of him, it appeared to come from the Sanders campaign. There was a link from the site to Sanders’ campaign site, implying that Sanders was the preferable candidate on immigration. But buried in the source code were links that appeared to be left over from another site called “Bill for First Lady 2016,” which was created by Clinton staffer Luke Montgomery. Outed, Montgomery removed the link to Sanders’ website. Montgomery, who came to prominence for his AIDs activism in the 1990s going by the name “Luke Sissyfag,” also deceptively registered a PAC called Feel the Bern.

The anonymous fake accounts come are nothing new for Clinton. In 2007, paid campaign staffers and volunteers on her campaign were caught creating anonymous accounts to artificially inflate her support. The influential Blue Hampshire blog discovered the ruse, when several anonymous accounts were all created in succession on the site from the same Clinton campaign IP address, which then bolstered pro-Clinton diaries.

That is very interesting, and yet, not all that surprising.

There is so much dirt on Hillary and her operations that an encyclopedia could not contain all the detail. And yet, it is all so easily covered up by the media and forgotten by the denizens of this nation.

Face it, nobody cares enough. They want to pretend Trump is out of control and Hillary is not as bad as they hear. Sad, but true.

There is so much dirt on Hillary and her operations that an encyclopedia could not contain all the detail. And yet, it is all so easily covered up by the media and forgotten by the denizens of this nation.

Face it, nobody cares enough. They want to pretend Trump is out of control and Hillary is not as bad as they hear. Sad, but true.
You dont think sexual assault is out of control? Drumpf admitted to sexually assaulting someone.

This >>> We've had some USMB posters admit they're being paid as well. And I've noticed that some quick posts more and more seem to be extracted from data bases, copy and paste sh** straight from the campaign and/or surrogates. <<< applies to the Trump astro turf trolls big gime.

You dont think sexual assault is out of control? Drumpf admitted to sexually assaulting someone.

I have a hard time believing there are many male senators or congressmen who have not been as lewd or adventurous as what Trump may have done on occasion. No doubt your odious national media has scoured every hour, crack and cranny of Trump's past and just the fact they have to go back 11 years to find some language tells me they don't have all that much against him in some respects. He never drinks or smokes or drugs, but that doesn't matter. Bill and Hillary did many worse things than what Trump is being accused of (sex, drugs, meanness, etc.) but that doesn't matter.

So go ahead and cast your stones all you holy and pure ones because democrats do not sin.

I have a hard time believing there are many male senators or congressmen who have not been as lewd or adventurous as what Trump may have done on occasion. No doubt your odious national media has scoured every hour, crack and cranny of Trump's past and just the fact they have to go back 11 years to find some language tells me they don't have all that much against him in some respects. He never drinks or smokes or drugs, but that doesn't matter. Bill and Hillary did many worse things than what Trump is being accused of (sex, drugs, meanness, etc.) but that doesn't matter.

So go ahead and cast your stones all your holy and pure ones because democrats do not sin.
What you find hard to believe is not the question. You are trying to use the old "everyone did it" excuse instead of answering my question. Do you support sexual assault by a presidential candidate or not?

I see what you mean about cut n paste directly from the campaign. Is that the batch you received today?

This >>> We've had some USMB posters admit they're being paid as well. And I've noticed that some quick posts more and more seem to be extracted from data bases, copy and paste sh** straight from the campaign and/or surrogates. <<< applies to the Trump astro turf trolls big gime.

I would say both sides has their trolls... Too bad no one is willing to troll for Stein or Johnson!

I see what you mean about cut n paste directly from the campaign. Is that the batch you received today?

Some of us call it the Drudge Report. And it's open and accessed by free citizen who largely don't have devious agendas. It's what real "grass roots" are, guy.

Because as is documented the media are in on it. It's not even media. It's corporate propagandists.

Some of us call it the Drudge Report. And it's open and accessed by free citizen who largely don't have devious agendas. It's what real "grass roots" are, guy.

Drudge is no more grass roots than Alex Jones, or Hannity. You have been fooled again.

So go ahead and cast your stones all you holy and pure ones because democrats do not sin.
Sexual assault is 'adventurous"? You guys are over the top. No, I have never said anything like Trump said, and the only people that I have heard say things like that have been avoided by other men. You hit on someone's wife with what is criminal sexual assault, and you would get the hell beat out of you among the men I work with.

Drudge is no more grass roots than Alex Jones, or Hannity. You have been fooled again.

I just mean the people who follow it are not being monetized or coerced and follow matters for true love of country and liberty. You are all just part of a corporate scam.

Sexual assault is 'adventurous"? You guys are over the top. No, I have never said anything like Trump said, and the only people that I have heard say things like that have been avoided by other men. You hit on someone's wife with what is criminal sexual assault, and you would get the hell beat out of you among the men I work with.

First off, I never bothered to read what they are specifically accusing Trump of in his past. Until now.

Turns Out Donald Trump Attacked Woman Who Accused Him of Sexual Assault. This Year.

Something about these incidences when they occur with major celebrities makes it a little more difficult to process. I am sure many women are allured the idea some very famous athlete or actor or mogul has interest in them. So they could enjoy the early flirting part. That only opens the door to trouble more times than not.

Then when the law suit comes I am sure many of these victims embellish the nature of the "facts," etc. Now if I have this story properly understood (not sure) here are some quotes from the report.

Harth filed a lawsuit against the real estate mogul in 1997 accusing him of sexual assault, including “groping” her under her dress on several occasions, “forcibly” moving her to his daughter’s bedroom at Mar-a-Lago in an “attempted rape,” and repeatedly and aggressively propositioning her for sex.

In 1997, Harth withdrew her lawsuit after Trump agreed to a settlement with Harth’s then-husband over a contractual dispute.

Ok, so they agreed to a settlement in 1997, but now 19 years later she feels justified to bring it all up again? Because why? Because she wants to make him pay double for his sins and ruin his career. This happens all the time to celebrities and politicians, they are never free and clear. I do not think this is the most fair thing in this case.

“When your story broke, (again this year, 2016) Donald stuck that lawyer on me right off the bat,” Harth said, “He was out to protect Donald. He didn’t care how this affected me.”

Oh, so sorry. What does she mean "how this affected me?" Like the pain has been so strong she could hold it in for 19 years but it just had to be brought out in the open for healing just at election time? This statement does not sit well with me.

Ok, Trump is not above the law and if was a true assault he should pay for it. And he did. But I do not see him as some kind of serial lecher like so many others --- else we would hear from many more "money grabbers" as this is the perfect moment for them to cash in. Not unlike the Tiger Woods merry go round. But why does your beloved media play the hypocrite? There is a lot of sexual scandal surrounding Hillary and Barack that will never emerge. Bill Clinton apparently is a non-factor.

Anyway, it does not please me Trump had this experience --- but neither that, nor the greatly overblown "bus talk," would prevent me from voting for him and instead voting for the despicable Hillary. Plus the conservative agenda is far more honorable and for the common good than the left's.

Last edited:

First off, I never bothered to read what they are specifically accusing Trump of in his past. Until now.

Turns Out Donald Trump Attacked Woman Who Accused Him of Sexual Assault. This Year.

Something about these incidences when they occur with major celebrities makes it a little more difficult to process. I am sure many women are allured the idea some very famous athlete or actor or mogul has interest in them. So they could enjoy the early flirting part. That only opens the door to trouble more times than not.

Then when the law suit comes I am sure many of these victims embellish the nature of the "facts," etc. Now if I have this story properly understood (not sure) here are some quotes from the report.

Harth filed a lawsuit against the real estate mogul in 1997 accusing him of sexual assault, including “groping” her under her dress on several occasions, “forcibly” moving her to his daughter’s bedroom at Mar-a-Lago in an “attempted rape,” and repeatedly and aggressively propositioning her for sex.

In 1997, Harth withdrew her lawsuit after Trump agreed to a settlement with Harth’s then-husband over a contractual dispute.

Ok, so they agreed to a settlement in 1997, but now 19 years later she feels justified to bring it all up again? Because why? Because she wants to make him double for his sins and ruin his career. This happens all the time to celebrities and politicians, they are never free and clear. I do not think this is the most fair thing in this case.

“When your story broke, (again this year, 2016) Donald stuck that lawyer on me right off the bat,” Harth said, “He was out to protect Donald. He didn’t care how this affected me.”

Oh, so sorry. What does she mean "how this affected me?" Like the pain has been so strong she could hold it in for 19 years but it just had to be brought out in the open for healing just at election time? This statement does not sit well with me.

Ok, Trump is not above the law and if was a true assault he should pay for it. And he did. But I do not see him as some kind of serial lecher like so many others --- else we would hear from many more "money grabbers" as this is the perfect moment for them to cash in. Not unlike the Tiger Woods merry go round. But why does your beloved media play the hypocrite? There is a lot of sexual scandal surrounding Hillary and Barack that will never emerge. Bill Clinton apparently is a non-factor.

Anyway, it does not please me Trump had this experience --- but neither that, nor the greatly overblown "bus talk," would prevent me from voting for him and instead voting for the despicable Hillary. Plus the conservative agenda is far more honorable and for the common good than the left's.

The attacks are par for the course for the election cycle. They prove what I know about Trump; that he's not the salt of the Earth. However, the Clintons corruption is beyond the pale. Everyone sees that.

A significant portion of online support for Hillary Clinton is manufactured by paid “astroturf” trolls: a large team of supporters who spend long hours responding to negative news on the internet about her. The Clinton SuperPAC Correct the Record, which is affiliated with her campaign, acknowledged in an April press release that it was spending $1 million on project “Breaking Barriers” to pay people to respond to negative information about Clinton on social media sites like Facebook, Reddit, Instagram and Twitter. That amount has since increased to over $6 million. The trolls create a false impression that Clinton has more support than she really does, because one supporter will frequently create multiple anonymous accounts.

Astroturf ‘Outrage Machine’ of Paid Trolls Floods Social Media to Counteract Negative News About Hillary Clinton

8ydder.jpg

Forum List

Back