Assorted Brain Candy

Most people actually peel bananas the wrong way. We break the stem at the top of the fruit, then peel them, right? Sometimes, with a less ripe banana, this will lead to a frustration, as the tough stem doesn't snap, and we end up with a mangled end of the banana, when we finally get the tough stem to break. Next time you peel a banana, try turning it upside down and gently pinch the bottom end. It will easily split, and you can then peel it as usual. If you observe monkeys at the zoo eating bananas, this is how they do it!

I eat a banana every day so I tried this with my breakfast banana today!

Wow! I can't believe I've been eating bananas wrong my entire life! Not only is it much easier to peel from the bottom end, but the stem then provides a handle to hold the banana while you eat it!

Wow! I wonder what else I'm doing wrong! :eek:

You might not know...

Ketchup was once sold as a medicine. In medieval Japan, dentists extracted teeth with their hands. Your brain uses 40% of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream. Queen termites can lay an egg every second… or 86,000 eggs a day. If the average man never shaved, his beard would be 13 feet long on the day he died. Both rabbits and horses can't vomit. Technically speaking, a female "dude" is known as a "dudine." There's an estimated one trillion bacteria on each of your feet. 95% of the creatures on Earth are smaller than a chicken egg. Crocodiles can't move their tongues. Twinkie inventor Jimmy Dewar ate 40,177 Twinkies in his lifetime. The average American eats 5 gallons of frozen desserts a year.

Goldfish have a memory span of three seconds. Siberia contains more than 25% of the world's forest. In ancient Egypt, pillows were made of stones. A spider's blood is transparent. In the Middle Ages, chicken soup was considered an aphrodisiac. Ancient Rome had rent-a-chariot businesses. George Washington's feet were size 13. Virus means "poison" in Latin. In the 1800s you could buy ketchup flavored with lobster, walnuts, or oysters. The average American dog will cost its owner $14,600 over its lifetime. Drunk ants always fall on their right side. In Antarctica, sunsets can be green.

Benjamin Franklin gave guitar lessons. Honeybees can fly as fast as 30 mph. When medieval Europeans burned witches, the witches' families had to pay for the wood. An adult crocodile can go two years without eating. It takes 720 peanuts to make a pound of peanut butter. When you're looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate; it's the same for someone you hate. The average cow produces 70,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime. Injured fingernails grow faster than uninjured ones. Given the opportunity, chimpanzees will hunt ducks. When pizza became popular in the U.S. in the 1930s, sales of oregano shot up 5,200%. Squirrels cannot see the color red. If a grasshopper is hungry enough, it will eat the paint off your house.

You can buy horseradish ice cream in Tokyo. Centipedes are carnivores, millipedes are vegetarians. According to Pickle Packers Intl, the crunch of a pickle should be audible from 10 paces. Checkers used to be known as "chess for ladies." In the 1500s, England's Queen Elizabeth I outlawed wife beating after 10 p.m. A group of jellyfish is known as a "smack." Christopher Colombus's fee for "discovering" America: about $300. Laid end to end, the blood vessels in your body would wrap around the equator three times. Coconut shells can absorb more impact than most crash helmets. Last animal in the dictionary: the zyzzyva, a tropical American weevil. Napoleon's writing was so unreadable that many of his letters were mistaken for battlefield maps. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

The water we drink is over 3 billion years old. Pontius Pilate was born in Scotland. It's impossible to snore in the weightlessness of space. Mosquitos have 47 teeth. At Old English weddings, guests threw shoes at the groom. You can think 625 thoughts on the caloric energy of one Cheerio. The average meteor is no larger than a grain of sand. Brain cells are the only human cells that don't reproduce. Eagles can't hunt when it's raining. Female spiders spin better webs than males do. Abe Lincoln's favorite sport was wrestling. It takes an estimated 2,893 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop.

Einstein couldn't read until the age of nine. If an octopus is hungry enough, it will eat its own arms. Only pharaohs were allowed to eat mushrooms in Ancient Egypt. 15% of Americans wet their toilet paper before using it. Karate was invented in India. The bullfrog is the only animal that never sleeps. British anatomist Richard Owen invented the word dinosaur in 1841. On average, females hear better than males at every age. Carrots come from Afghanistan. Pound for pound, grasshoppers contain more protein than beef. A snail breathes through its foot. Every second, your senses send about 100 million different messages to your brain.

...interesting, isn't it?

Please share some trivia with us too, please. :razz:

The only food that never spoils is honey.

It can also be used as an antiseptic/antibacterial like Neosporin on wounds, sore throats, stomachs, etc.

If you eat honey from your local region, it combats allergies.

Go bees!

honeybee_genehanson.jpg

Last edited:
'

Still sounds like self-praise to me!! · · :lol:

Thank goodness it is a vice from which I am free !!

donald-duck-laughing1.jpg

FYI

Fiction
Dillinger’s penis is stored in a jar at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington.

Fact
C’mon, do you really think archivists earn Ph.D.s and fight for jobs at America’s pre-eminent museum so that they can preserve George Washington’s dentures, NASA capsules and John Dillinger’s penis? This is hokum, a product of a morbidly amusing photo taken of Dillinger while his body was on display at the Chicago morgue. His body, still in rigor, was under a sheet with one arm partly extended at the hip, giving the impression that Dillinger was pitching a massive post-mortem tent.

This rumor is a foot-and-a-half long

Internet rumors put Dillinger’s man-part at a cool 18 inches. Highly skeptical (and unable, even, to process such an idea), we asked Debby Herbenick, sex health researcher at IU’s Kinsey Institute, if this was even humanly possible. Her response: “I wouldn’t doubt that 18 is possible — however, it would be quite rare.”

Herbenick directed us to a book called “Is Size Important?,” by Donald Templerer, which recounts that Dillinger was reportedly 12 inches flaccid and 22 inches long when erect. However, a witness to the bandit’s autopsy disputed this rumor. Meanwhile, Dillinger’s legacy stands tall.

Sources: Star archives, The John
Dillinger Museum, John Dillinger

FYI

Fiction
Dillinger’s penis is stored in a jar at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington.

Fact
C’mon, do you really think archivists earn Ph.D.s and fight for jobs at America’s pre-eminent museum so that they can preserve George Washington’s dentures, NASA capsules and John Dillinger’s penis? This is hokum, a product of a morbidly amusing photo taken of Dillinger while his body was on display at the Chicago morgue. His body, still in rigor, was under a sheet with one arm partly extended at the hip, giving the impression that Dillinger was pitching a massive post-mortem tent.

This rumor is a foot-and-a-half long

Internet rumors put Dillinger’s man-part at a cool 18 inches. Highly skeptical (and unable, even, to process such an idea), we asked Debby Herbenick, sex health researcher at IU’s Kinsey Institute, if this was even humanly possible. Her response: “I wouldn’t doubt that 18 is possible — however, it would be quite rare.”

Herbenick directed us to a book called “Is Size Important?,” by Donald Templerer, which recounts that Dillinger was reportedly 12 inches flaccid and 22 inches long when erect. However, a witness to the bandit’s autopsy disputed this rumor. Meanwhile, Dillinger’s legacy stands tall.

Sources: Star archives, The John
Dillinger Museum, John Dillinger
just proves he really was a big dick!

Forum List

Back