Assorted Brain Candy

Most people actually peel bananas the wrong way. We break the stem at the top of the fruit, then peel them, right? Sometimes, with a less ripe banana, this will lead to a frustration, as the tough stem doesn't snap, and we end up with a mangled end of the banana, when we finally get the tough stem to break. Next time you peel a banana, try turning it upside down and gently pinch the bottom end. It will easily split, and you can then peel it as usual. If you observe monkeys at the zoo eating bananas, this is how they do it!

Most primates have figured this out, humans have not.
Some of us use a sharp knife. It's daintier that way. :lol:

Alphabets, which SOUND AS WORDS:
A ay
B be. bee, Bea
C sea
D dee
G gee
I eye
J jay
K cay
L ell
Q queue, cue
R are
S ess
T tea
U you, ewe
Y why
Z zee
A, B, C, D, E, F, G - each may be defined as a tone on a C-major scale.
Every letter in the alphabet may be used to define a shape the same as itself, whether upper or lower case. Some may be spelled alternatively or not as in D (dee), L (el) or in S (ess), etc. Another more graphic example would be, an "H" quilt (aka H quilt):

H_quilt.jpg

Last edited:
Prolific famed and talented American author, Stephen King, hated the movie version of one of his masterpiece books, The Shining. He thought Kubrick ruined it.

He's right.

Yes. He does have a valid point.

The whole buckets of blood crap from the elevator was proof enough of how hackish Kubrick's effort was.

Jack Nicholson, however, did have a couple of memorable ad libs in that flick.

"Honey, I'm home." And, "Here's Johnny!"

Personally, I've found that most King-books-turned-movie are just horrendously awful. There are exceptions ... Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile was ok ... but mostly? Don't bother. Pet Sematary anyone? :eek:

I find Jack Nicholson annoyingly creepy. Srsly.

He's right.

The whole buckets of blood crap from the elevator was proof enough of how hackish Kubrick's effort was.

Personally, I've found that most King-books-turned-movie are just horrendously awful. There are exceptions ... Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile was ok ... but mostly? Don't bother. Pet Sematary anyone? :eek:

I think Jack has had some good movies. He can be creepy. But that "Here's Johnny" ad lib was terrific. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpipB4yehk]Here's Johnny! - The Shining (5/5) Movie CLIP (1980) HD - YouTube[/ame]

And, albeit a little over-rated, I thought he did a really good job in A Few Good Men. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo]A Few Good Man "You Can't Handle the Truth" - YouTube[/ame] (Tom "I want the truth" Cruise was generally ok in the movie, but he blew that line horribly.)

But if you compare his performance as The Joker [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63iuB-cSY7Q]Batman (1/5) Movie CLIP - You Can Call Me Joker (1989) HD - YouTube[/ame]

to Ledger's performance [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XHjqABQQA]The Dark Knight (1/9) Movie CLIP - Kill the Batman (2008) HD - YouTube[/ame]

we end up seeing why I think Jack's somewhat over rated.

He's right.

I liked Pet Sematary because it was soooo bad.

'

I wondered what you and Ilar were doing in your spare time, Daws. · · :lol:

^ noman spends a lot of time "wondering" what real people do. His "thoughts" always tend toward the petty and perverse. It's just the way he rolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this neat website totally devoted to fun facts. ;-3

The average annual salary of a professional NBA cheerleader is $56,000. If you wanna move somewhere, consider this: The average citizen of Leichtenstein doesn't even lock their door because crime in the country is so low—the last murder was more then ten years ago. Dark chocolate contains a chemical that our bodies convert into phenylethylamine—the same chemical secreted when we fall in love. Men would traditionally walk with a woman on his left arm, so his right hand could be free for his sword in case of a duel. In the ancient Persian empire, men used to debate ideas twice, once sober and once drunk, because the idea had to sound good in both states in order to be considered a good idea.

Last edited:
Official versions
(changes in bold italics)

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

1892 to 1922

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States, and to the republic for which it stands; one Nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

1924 to 1954

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one Nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

1954 to Present

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

that'll show those damn commies we mean business!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back