Assange Op Ed in The Australian newspaper

Everyone I've spoken to with any knowledge of law says that he has NOT broken any US laws.

2 to 1 odds that we makes something up to prosecute him under, though.
Guess you haven't talked to the Justice Department, huh?

I bet you haven't either.

I'm guessing you think he should be charged with espionage, right?
Yes, I do, the opinions of your leftist paralegal friends notwithstanding.

I bet you haven't either.

I'm guessing you think he should be charged with espionage, right?

I hate to be the one to break this to you dude, but being a dick doesn't help your argument. Just letting you know.

Are you a member of the bar?
No. Is this where you're going to say I can't have an opinion on legal matters?

I hate to be the one to break this to you dude, but being a dick doesn't help your argument. Just letting you know.

No. If I did that, I'd be no better than you.

Just wondering what nonsense reason you're going to come up with to supposedly negate my opinion.

Let's see. I'm an American citizen and taxpayer. So you can't use that.
I'm not 22, so you can't use that either.

Can you think of anything?

Just wondering what nonsense reason you're going to come up with to supposedly negate my opinion.

Well, there's always the old standby:

"You're wrong."

Well, there's always the old standby:

"You're wrong."

Well, it's certainly not like I've never heard that before.

So I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Like I said, when I show up on a Kiwi board and tell him how to run his country...

When America keeps its nose out of everybody else's business, I might take you opinion under consideration...until then I'll what I like...:cool:
Well, take heart. American leftists will kiss your ass because you don't like America. :lol:

I don't like American hegemony or neocons. Fortunately, the latter are a minority in their own country, too...:cool:

Last edited:
I say he should be extradited to the US and charged.

However, since he hasn't been charged with any crime anywhere you'd support him being let go?
No. The US has reason to believe he's committed a crime. The US and Great Britain have an extradition treaty. Part 2 of that treaty"
...removed the requirement on the USA to provide prima facie evidence in extraditions from the UK, requiring instead only reasonable suspicion.​

We certainly have reasonable suspicion, don't we?

no you do not.

When America keeps its nose out of everybody else's business, I might take you opinion under consideration...until then I'll what I like...:cool:
Well, take heart. American leftists will kiss your ass because you don't like America. :lol:

I don't like American hegemony or neocons. Fortunately, the latter a minority in their own country, too...:cool:
Doesn't look like there's a damn thing you can do about it. Too bad.

However, since he hasn't been charged with any crime anywhere you'd support him being let go?
No. The US has reason to believe he's committed a crime. The US and Great Britain have an extradition treaty. Part 2 of that treaty"
...removed the requirement on the USA to provide prima facie evidence in extraditions from the UK, requiring instead only reasonable suspicion.​

no you do not.
He DOESN'T have unauthorized classified materials in his possession? :lol:

I don't like American hegemony or neocons. Fortunately, the latter a minority in their own country, too...:cool:

And that attitude is why you get US citizens blown up in African embassies, Barracks in Lebanon and aeroplanes flown into buildings in NY...and...

....Doesn't look like there's a damn thing you can do about it. Too bad....:cuckoo:

Last edited:

no you do not.

No, he doesn't...now we're getting somewhere...:clap2:

And that attitude is why you get US citizens blown up in African embassies, Barracks in Lebanon and aeroplanes flown into buildings in NY...and...

....Doesn't look like there's a damn thing you can do about it. Too bad....:cuckoo:
Sure we can. Kill the bastards. Kill the living shit out of them until they're dead.

News flash, Skippy: They're going to hate us no matter what. Hell, a splodeydope just blew himself up in Sweden, for cryin' out loud. What they hell did they ever do to piss off the jihadis? Swedish hegemony? Hot blonde bikini neocons? :lol:

Sure we can. Kill the bastards. Kill the living shit out of them until they're dead.

News flash, Skippy: They're going to hate us no matter what. Hell, a splodeydope just blew himself up in Sweden, for cryin' out loud. What they hell did they ever do to piss off the jihadis? Swedish hegemony? Hot blonde bikini neocons? :lol:

But you can't kill them all, Sparky.

No, I doubt they would hate you anyway. You just say that to justify the killing you're doing over there already. I'd wager that if the US kept it's big nose out of other peoples' business, they would hardly register on the radar. But, you can't do that, can you...

But you can't kill them all, Sparky.

No, I doubt they would hate you anyway. You just say that to justify the killing you're doing over there already. I'd wager that if the US kept it's big nose out of other peoples' business, they would hardly register on the radar. But, you can't do that, can you...
I repeat: What did Sweden do to piss them off?

You can ignore the question, but it's a valid one, and pretending it's not there is silly.

Wow. Maybe his lawyer can use that as his defense. "No, he doesn't. The defense rests."

:rofl: Denial isn't just a river etc.

Here's a scenario.

A dude is walking along Pennsylvanai avenue. He spies a briefcase. He opens it and sees that it is from the Cuban embassy. He finds a whole lot of secret cables and documents. He sends half off to the Washington Times, the other half to Anne "the Man" Coulter. The times and Coulter both publish these sensitve documents. Castro demands they be extradited to Cuba on charges of espionage. Do they get extradited?

You can ignore the question, but it's a valid one, and pretending it's not there is silly.

So one incident means all Muslims hate Sweden? The Swedes have troops over there. You will always get idiots of every ilk. What did some kids in a daycare centre do to piss of Timothy McVeigh?

So one incident means all Muslims hate Sweden? The Swedes have troops over there. You will always get idiots of every ilk. What did some kids in a daycare centre do to piss of Timothy McVeigh?

no. not all muslims. but you do have to ask at some point what is it that would make someone blow himself up, taking innocents with him, just because someone made a comic he didn't like?

and yes, the terrorists would still hate us. that doesn't change. where the difference lies is among those who are moderate and aren't inclined to hate in the first instance.

Wow. Maybe his lawyer can use that as his defense. "No, he doesn't. The defense rests."

:rofl: Denial isn't just a river etc.

Here's a scenario.

A dude is walking along Pennsylvanai avenue. He spies a briefcase. He opens it and sees that it is from the Cuban embassy. He finds a whole lot of secret cables and documents. He sends half off to the Washington Times, the other half to Anne "the Man" Coulter. The times and Coulter both publish these sensitve documents. Castro demands they be extradited to Cuba on charges of espionage. Do they get extradited?
:rofl: Yeah. Assange just "found" them.

You really need to contact his lawyer. I think you have a winning strategy.

"Your honor, the Defense will show that my client has no unauthorized classified documents in his possession, and he just found them!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Forum List

Back